***The Official Miami Heat Thread*** | Page 76 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Official Miami Heat Thread***

As a surprise Deng opts in. If only Wade would do the same. That would mean we can sign Dragic with no luxury tax and can keep McRoberts and Birdman. Work your magic Riley

He wants to get paid, Cleveland L.A. Ect can't/wont pay him a lot, this is just negotiating/tactics to get a better contract to stay in Miami is what he really wants imo.

If Wade wants to be like that fine sign Monte Ellis. At least he will play 70 plus games for you

I think he might just end up leaving. Riley wants that flexibility in 2016 to go after Durant/Davis, not matter how remote the possibility of either of those two coming to Miami may be. Wade can't help but feel a bit slighted that Riles is going to offer Dragic 80-90 mil and is asking him to play year by year.

I think he might just end up leaving. Riley wants that flexibility in 2016 to go after Durant/Davis, not matter how remote the possibility of either of those two coming to Miami may be. Wade can't help but feel a bit slighted that Riles is going to offer Dragic 80-90 mil and is asking him to play year by year.

Dragic can at least play 55-60 games a year.

Even without Wade this team is stacked. I'd let him walk hes always hurt

Even without Wade this team is stacked. I'd let him walk hes always hurt

The Wade show is getting a little old....not to mention slow and broken down. Its still the best show in town. What kind of offense do you think Spoelstra could cobble together with a center who can't pass, wings that can't shoot, and noone that can create off the dribble? Like it or not they need Wade.

The Wade show is getting a little old....not to mention slow and broken down. Its still the best show in town. What kind of offense do you think Spoelstra could cobble together with a center who can't pass, wings that can't shoot, and noone that can create off the dribble? Like it or not they need Wade.

Don't get me wrong i love the guy but we have Dragic and Bosh too. They can both create. And that pick and roll with Dragic and Whiteside was pretty dang good. I'd welcome Wade back but he is asking for too much.

Maybe you can answer this about the NBA cap. I understand its a soft cap you can go over if you are willing to pay the luxury tax. But miami already is at 72 mill. The projected cap is only 67 mill. How can this team pay Wade? You'd have to sacrifice McRoberts and Birdman probably Chalmers too

The Heat own Wade's bird rights, which allows them to pay him up to the maximum (around 20 mil) and go over the cap in the process. The only thing his salary impacts this season is Arison's wallet, since it will push the Heat into luxury tax territory and since they've been there a lot lately the penalties are steep. I don't think Riley is terribly concerned about that, but handing him a multi-year deal eliminates most free agent options for 2016 and means that this is the roster the Heat will be riding with for the next 2/3 seasons.

After signing Wade Riley may trade Chalmers and/or Anderson to lessen the tax hit, but I don't think there's much of a market for either of them and Riley doesn't have any picks to package with them to entice some team that's under the cap to take their salary on.

To me this is a flawed roster and I have a tough time seeing it work without a guard that can break down the defense. Whiteside is an awesome presence but his lack of skill limits what you can do, much like with Jordan in LA. Its worked in LA since they've got the best offensive orchestrator in the game, but they still get exposed by the better defensive teams.

I think he'll end up signing a one year deal giving Riley some flexability to go after a big name next year.

Holy **** my Knicks suck.
You, me, and Hankey are in for a world of hurt this year. The Knicks suck donkey dick and no one worth a **** wants to play for them. Oh yeah, our Latvian lottery pick won't be ready to play in the NBA for about five years, if ever. I'm loving it...NOT! FML!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom