***The Official Miami Heat Thread*** | Page 78 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Official Miami Heat Thread***

I would love to see a pairing Aldridge with Bosh. Two of the most skilled big men in the game, both capable of stepping out to the three point line. Wade and Dragic are two of the best finishing guards in the game, and if you can space the floor like that they'd be able to wreck havoc.

The scary thing for me about this team as its currently constituted is that Bosh is the best three point shooter. Unless Whiteside comes into the season having refined that 15 ft jumper to a point where its a real threat, noone is going to pay any attention to him on the perimeter. That leaves the 100 million dollar man sitting in the corner as a spot up shooter.....not like this is an unfamiliar position for him to be in but to me it seems like such a waste of talent.

I get what you are trying to do with the team all shooters and then Wade and Dragic. Whats wrong with an inside game centered around a dominant low post scorer in Whiteside. I understand I have a higher opinion of Whiteside then you and probably many fans who believe he's a 1 year wonder. I saw some great low post moves and he rebounds and blocks everything. I don't want to let go of the next dominant Center. that's what I believe Whiteside is.

IMO a team centered around Whiteside and Winslow HAS to be the future. they will both be studs for a long time

What is wrong with it is that it doesn't work anymore. 10-20 yrs ago it did, but the zone defense and three point shot have rendered it obsolete. Its still a great skill to have when the right matchup presents itself but you can't build an offense around it. There's just no way around the fact that the post up is not an efficient way to score. The best post players in the NBA today aren't those that use it as a means to score but to draw the double and create for their teammates, which is something that Whiteside has yet to show he can do.

So what you have is DeAndre Jordan with better touch, assuming he can learn to handle his emotions a bit better. Its not like that's a bad thing.....if DeAndre could hit a free throw he probably would have been in the MVP conversation. I don't mean to diminish him as a player. I just don't think you can win that way anymore.

I'd trade him for Aldridge in a nanosecond. Maybe he blows up this year and makes me eat my words.....and if he does that in Miami I'd be thrilled. But there are so many red flags......the mood swings, the games where he gave zero effort and had to be benched, the retaliatory cheap shots when he thought things weren't going his way. I get that it was probably a big shock going from some nobody getting rejected at tryouts for NBA teams to having a mob of media following you every day but there is a long history of this stuff. Riley is going to have to hand someone 100+ mil and the keys to the franchise off of a little more than a season of work.....kinda a scary thought.

Zoran Dragic looks so much like his brother. Good scorer. I'm watching summer league and he looks good

I was curious what you guys think of Winslow. I like the K. Leonard comparison. Winslow has great hands on defense. Real lockdown defender. He does need to develop his jump shot alittle. But at the beginning of his career he will make a living driving to the rim, great finisher. Very good passer too

Jumpshot and handle and both unrefined and will need a lot of work. His shot off the dribble is just awful but that can wait.....first priority for anyone playing next to Wade and Dragic is going to be hitting the set three point jumper.

I don't really like the Leonard or Butler comparisons. Hes nowhere near the physical specimen Leonard is, and until I see him improve I'm not going to assume hes willing to put forth the effort that Butler has to transform his game. Hes got an NBA body, seems to be an intelligent and hard working young man, and has the ability to finish. If he can hit the set shot he should be at the very least a serviceable player, and can only go up from there.

Heat sign Gerald Green to a one year deal. A good shooter and athlete, the former which has been a dire need of this team for a while now. It does further crowd the rotation and probably means if Winslow is going to see much in the way of playing time its going to have to be at the 2.

Assuming Chalmers is as good as gone. Riley should be able to find a taker for that deal without having to throw in a draft pick......its not a horrible contract and a team like the Knicks could actually use his services. The team is coming into focus:

PG: Dragic, Napier
SG: Wade, Winslow, Zoran
SF: Deng, Green, Richardson, Ennis???
PF: Bosh, McRoberts
C: Whiteside, Anderson, Haslem, Reed???

Get the feeling Anderson's days may be numbered as well. This Reed kid has been playing really well in summer league and should get a chance to earn a roster spot in training camp. Ennis may be on his way out as well. The only thing hes got going for him is that hes on a very team friendly deal......not hard to justify giving him another year to develop when he costs less than a mil and the Heat have his rights for two more seasons after this one. But hes got to show some progress.

Gerald Green is a terrific signing. I think most importantly it allows us to run. Green is tremendous on the fast break and has played with Dragic before. as we know Dragic loves to run

I also think Mario and Anderson are goners. Arison wants to lessen the luxury tax burden on him. meaning shedding some salary. I believe Mario and Anderson would cut about 11 million combined by trading them. Amare is getting a long look from Riley. don't be surprised if Amare is Andersons replacement. I think when we play small he can play the 5 off the bench. Marcus Thornton is my guess for Chalmers replacement.

you miscast Richardson. he's a SG who has played a lot of PG before so he could be an emergency PG. Richardson is clearly a better shooter then Winslow at this stage and I like his defense

I don't know much about Richardson but from the limited viewing this summer he doesn't look like hes going to be a point guard. I slotted him in at the 3 because I think Winslow is going to see most of his time at the 2 and I see Richardson and Ennis being in competition for a roster spot.

I'm not much of a fan of Amare and somehow I doubt Riley is going to be able to convince him that the Heat have enough minutes to go around. Unless McRoberts turns out to be a complete disaster on the defensive end I think they want to roll with him and see what he offers as far as playmaking and floor spacing at the 4 and even 5. He offers up the intriguing possibility of having 5 guys on the floor that can all drive, shoot, pass, and finish.....something the Spurs had when they went with Diaw, the Warriors with Green and Igoudala, the Heat with Bosh and Battier.

yes sir I remember when we signed McRoberts everyone said he was our Diaw. he should be good for us, I really hope they don't try to dump him due to his salary I have heard rumors of wanting to get rid of him

I doubt it. Both he and Riley could have backed out of that deal after Lebron bolted and neither did. To me that proves mutual interest and at the very least I think Riley would like to see who it is he signed and if he can fit in with what Spoelstra wants to do.

Yes sir we got him. Now just add Thornton and i think we have the shooters we need

I think backup PG is the only weakness if that happens. I am not a Chalmers fan. And Napier didn't show alot last year

Still find it hard to believe Chalmers will be around next season but if he is I think hes shown himself to be an able PG next to someone like Wade. As long as all he has to do is bring the ball up the court, play a little defense, and hit the corner three I think hes alright. Dragic can handle most of the second team duties and lead a small ball lineup.

This from the WQAM website

miami-heat-depth-chart_zpsv2blth6c.jpg

I could see them trying to move Chalmers and Anderson :idk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom