**The official NBA Draft thread** | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**The official NBA Draft thread**

Do you guys know what Phil Jackson looks for in a Triangle PG?

Phil Jackson likes big, athletic PG's who play defense, That is EXACTLY was Crittenton is and does. So how is he not a fit? His decision making should be a tad better, but the guy can create his own shot or shoot from outside.

As for this Sun Yue guy...I don't know squat about him. The only thing I can think of is that they may alow him to keep playing in China while they maintain the rights and the roster spot.

For the Lakers, Javaris Crittenton makes absolutely zero sense. You're telling me that Crittenton is your ideal PG for the triangle offense? Hell no. Lakers should have taken Rudy Fernandez.

I like Crittenton, but certainly not for Phil Jackson basketball.
The triangle doesnt use or need an ideal PG. Did the bulls or lakers EVER have a starting pass first PG when they were winning? They didnt.

Crittenton is a 1-4 PG...not a system PG.

he does not play well in a structured system...he tends to turn it over ALOT when asked to run 2-2...so imagine him playing in a triangle.

Do you guys know what Phil Jackson looks for in a Triangle PG?

Phil Jackson likes big, athletic PG's who play defense, That is EXACTLY was Crittenton is and does. So how is he not a fit? His decision making should be a tad better, but the guy can create his own shot or shoot from outside.

As for this Sun Yue guy...I don't know squat about him. The only thing I can think of is that they may alow him to keep playing in China while they maintain the rights and the roster spot.
Yue is a good prospect, think Kukoc with less ability to get to the hoop. Hes pretty fundamentally sound from what I read.

Crittenton is a 1-4 PG...not a system PG.

he does not play well in a structured system...he tends to turn it over ALOT when asked to run 2-2...so imagine him playing in a triangle.

Hence why I said his decision making needs to improve and why most "experts" agree that he will take a few years to be "ready." But as for his natural skills and physical size, he is exactly what Phil and Tex Winter look for.

I think the better question is why pick a project player when your marquee star is demanding change for the team or change for himself? That is the part I don't quite get.

Marc Gasol, C, Spain is the Lakers last pick for today. I actually like this pick a lot. If the Lakers end up trading for Garnett, or O'neal or whoever, chances are both Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum will be moved to get them. Even Kwame Brown may get involved. Having youngsters like Turiaf, Gasol and others on board should help the depth come back up to some degree.

Maybe this is a precurser to L.A. getting PAU Gasol as well? He asked for help or a trade right?

Marc Gasol, C, Spain is the Lakers last pick for today. I actually like this pick a lot. If the Lakers end up trading for Garnett, or O'neal or whoever, chances are both Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum will be moved to get them. Even Kwame Brown may get involved. Having youngsters like Turiaf, Gasol and others on board should help the depth come back up to some degree.

Maybe this is a precurser to L.A. getting PAU Gasol as well? He asked for help or a trade right?

Forget Paul Gasol....

I think the Lakers should concentrate on a Jermaine Oneal trade...that would help your team immensely. Paul Gasol is worth much more than what Jermaine Oneal would cost.

Forget Paul Gasol....

I think the Lakers should concentrate ona jermaine Oneal trade...that would help your team immensely. Paul Gasol is worth much more than what Jermaine Oneal would cost.

Jermaine O'Neal has done horrible against the Big Boys of the West not sure how he would perform out in the west.

Jermaine O'Neal has done horrible against the Big Boys of the West not sure how he would perform out in the west.

Jermaine Oneal is a 20 and 10 guy and can block shots with the best of them....

west or no west...the guy would be huge next to Kobe.

Back
Top Bottom