The Official NHL Playoffs Thread!!!!! | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official NHL Playoffs Thread!!!!!

unifiedtheory said:
The Oilers face the winner of the Calgary/Ducks series regardless of who it is because they are the 8th seed and whomever comes out of that series will be the highest sedd remaining in the West.

The battle of Alberta in round 2 would be rediculous. I REALLY hope it happens and some of you Eastern hockey fans get to see some of the series. I WILL be hockey at it's viscious, hard hitting, passionate, intense best.

Av's v. Sharks should be interesting.The Av's four line depth did a great job of slowing down Dallas' multiple scoring units. Jose Theodore had a VERY good game 5 and maybe, just maybe, is coming around. His rebound control was still terrible.

If things hold to form (Canes winning their series) then the Sen's play the winner of Flyers/Sabres.

If the Habs come back then the Sens play them because the Habs will be the lowest seed remaining.

I can tell you all something and I'm sorry if I hurt any Flyer's fans feelings....I will LOVE to see Sen's versus Sabres. That series will be entertainment at it's finest.

The 2nd round is really shaping up to be something to watch. DAMN does Jersey look rediculous right now.

As a Sabres fan I would've loved to seen Hasek in net for the Senators because of the way he left Buffalo. I remember the one year he attacked a reporter for the Buffalo news but everybody looked the other way because he was soo great. The Senators with Ray Emery are a more beatable team than the Seantors with Hasek. If it does end up Sabres/Senators they did play some good games down the stretch, early in the year Ottawa dominated Buffalo but then the Sabres started playing much better vs them. Still a big game tonite vs Philadelphia hopefully they play as well as they did in game 5. That was one of the best defensive games if not the best defensive game I've seen from the Sabres all year. If Carolina beats Montreal, does anyone think they have a chance vs NJ?

Flyers gonna whup on those Sabres!!! :tongue: Watching the game on OLN.

Well so much for my Flyers...down 3-0 after one. Robert Esche is horrible...time to dump this turkey. :tantrum: I am done watching the Flyers. :mad:

djfresh47 said:
As a Sabres fan I would've loved to seen Hasek in net for the Senators because of the way he left Buffalo. I remember the one year he attacked a reporter for the Buffalo news but everybody looked the other way because he was soo great. The Senators with Ray Emery are a more beatable team than the Seantors with Hasek. If it does end up Sabres/Senators they did play some good games down the stretch, early in the year Ottawa dominated Buffalo but then the Sabres started playing much better vs them. Still a big game tonite vs Philadelphia hopefully they play as well as they did in game 5. That was one of the best defensive games if not the best defensive game I've seen from the Sabres all year. If Carolina beats Montreal, does anyone think they have a chance vs NJ?
I do think the 'Canes have a chance against the Devils.

The Devils are on an incredible roll right now. They are rolling their lines every game, staying fresh and Marty is ONNNNNNNNNNNN his game.

That being said, I still think their defense is suspect and their offense has been known to go away for long stretches of time.

The 'Canes are an exciting team and like to play up tempo, attacking hockey. If they play their style and attack the porous Devil's defense they can push the Devils. The Rangers were never in the series against them but the 'Canes forecheck hard and take the body. This will test the Devils defense core.

The 'Canes HAVE to stay out of the penalty box. If that happens and Cam Ward stays hot they can push the Devils...I don't think they'll beat 'em though. If they hammer on the Devil's defenseman they might be setting up someone else to beat them in the Eastern Conf. Finals.

wait, if the canes win we play them and if the habs win we play the devils right?

well ask ye shall recieve

DUCKS-1.jpg

yuck!

Back
Top Bottom