The Official NHL Playoffs Thread!!!!! | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official NHL Playoffs Thread!!!!!

Crisis said:
What a boring game!

Yeah it was pretty boring, I just caught the last period and I just woke up after falling asleep during the game!

Crisis said:
What a boring game!
Unwatchable in my opinion. I actually stopped watching it for long stretches of time.

The Ducks winning was a victory for all hockey fans in my opinion. The more up tempo teams that advance, beating old school teams, the more the old schoolers will see that the game has changed and you actually have to TRY and score to win now, not dump it in and hope for a break.

Anyone notice that in the West the bottom 4 seeds advanced while in the East the top 4 seeds advanced? I thought it was a little strange.

I think the Sabres/Sens and Avs/Sharks will be my two fave series to watch in the next round. That Sabres/Sens series could be an all timer. End to end action and nothing but skating.

Sens in 7, Avs in 6, Oilers in 7 and Devils in 6 are my picks as it stands right now but that could change.

I was 5 out of 8 in my series predictions.

I got all four series in the East correct (I even hit on the amount of games with the Sens, 'Canes and Buffalo).

I got killed in the West, only getting the Sharks right although I'll say that I thought (and wrote) the Oilers had a chance, the Flames in 7 and the Av's ahd a chance if Theodore picked it up. I did'nt see Turco ****ting the bed the way he did even though I should have, the guy is under .500 in the playoffs.

werent the sharks the 4 seed and ducks 6? so sharks would play edmonton and avs would get ducks...correct me if im wrong

unifiedtheory said:
I was 5 out of 8 in my series predictions.

I got all four series in the East correct (I even hit on the amount of games with the Sens, 'Canes and Buffalo).

I got killed in the West, only getting the Sharks right although I'll say that I thought (and wrote) the Oilers had a chance, the Flames in 7 and the Av's ahd a chance if Theodore picked it up. I did'nt see Turco ****ting the bed the way he did even though I should have, the guy is under .500 in the playoffs.

i got 6 of 8...lost with the stars and wings....

unifiedtheory said:
Good luck signing free agents when you have Mike Rathje making 3.5 million a year for the next 3 years and Hatcher making the same over the next 2 years.

Bob Clark is'nt gonna be able to sign anyone they want this offseason because, well, he went nuts last offseason.

The Flyers were built for the "old" NHL and they are hooped until some of those contracts expire.

With the NHL cap probably going to increase to around 46 million next year, and the fact that the Flyers do have some guys that will be gone. Petr Nedved, Turner Stevenson, and maybe even some guys who will retire. The Flyers should have enough room to make some moves. What i'm worried about is the moves they will make, because on Clarkey's track record it doesn't appear we're going to do anything different that what we always do. I'm also worried that Ken Hitch**** could be out as coach, which again i would consider a bad move. Back healthy and with the same group of guys, i still like the Flyers as a contender for the cup (in which Crisis seems to think a naming a "contender" for the cup is the person you pick to win.....then again he is a Buffalo fan). But in order to hack into that potential this team needs to make some moves, and good moves. I just hope they can pull that off.....

im gonna guess bryzgalov...and im gonna guess toskala for the sharks

Now that my Flyers are gone I have to root for my home state Colorado Aves....the Aves would be whipping everyone's a$s if the strike didn't force them to lose Forsberg, Kariya, and Foote. FACT.

Back
Top Bottom