The Official NHL Playoffs Thread!!!!! | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official NHL Playoffs Thread!!!!!

emery sucks, that was the worst goaltending I have ever seen.

what a crazy game

It's taken me a period and a half to despise the Mighty Ducks...they clutch and grab quite a bit and tghey are borderline dirty...

The officiating in this game is awful. I feel like I'm watching a game from 3 years ago...trapping, grabbing and interference.

I'm just gonna say something a lil crazy that most of you won't agree with, but I said this 3 weeks before the playoffs. I'm picking San Jose to win the Cup. They are looking great, and I think they'll win in 5 maybe 6 games vs. Edmontom. Then look to knock off Anaheim (who I believe will win their series vs. Colorado.) Carolina vs. San Jose 2006 Stanley Cup Finals. San Jose in 6.

WOW! WHAT A GAME!

:bow: Connolly, Roy, Captain Clutch!!

PS:

Hey Miller, think you could make me a Sabres sig btw? Gotta love this team!

MillerTime said:
finally, the devils lost!

Good, I hate the Devils. The only good thing in New Jersey is the town of Wildwood and the boardwalk where my grammie use to live. :D

unifiedtheory said:
It's taken me a period and a half to despise the Mighty Ducks...they clutch and grab quite a bit and tghey are borderline dirty...

The officiating in this game is awful. I feel like I'm watching a game from 3 years ago...trapping, grabbing and interference.

Idk what your saying is true cuz i didn't watch the game but i want the Ducks to goo all the way. I love Teemu Selanne and want him to finally win a championship. He's playing very good this season.

MARINO1384 said:
Idk what your saying is true cuz i didn't watch the game but i want the Ducks to goo all the way. I love Teemu Selanne and want him to finally win a championship. He's playing very good this season.
Teemu is having a good year...he better be after playing like the piece of crap he did while he was in Colorado. All he did was whine about ice time.

Game one was an anomoly in my opinion. The Av's were running around like idiots in their own zone all night. Probably the worst defensive zone coverage I've ever seen a team display in the 2nd round of the playoffs. They were a totally different team then the one that stifled the Stars in round one.

I FULLY expect a different Av's team in game two. They will sort out their defensive zone issues. They have to figure out a way to break out of their zone. The Ducks play what can only be called a trap and wait for counter attack chances. The Av's have to start dumping it in, start laying some hits on the Ducks defense and, most of all, shoot the damn puck.

Dolfan1034 said:
I'm just gonna say something a lil crazy that most of you won't agree with, but I said this 3 weeks before the playoffs. I'm picking San Jose to win the Cup. They are looking great, and I think they'll win in 5 maybe 6 games vs. Edmontom. Then look to knock off Anaheim (who I believe will win their series vs. Colorado.) Carolina vs. San Jose 2006 Stanley Cup Finals. San Jose in 6.

I don't think the 4 best teams remaining in the playoffs are all in the east. The winner of Buffalo/Ottawa I think will win the cup.

djfresh47 said:
I don't think the 4 best teams remaining in the playoffs are all in the east. The winner of Buffalo/Ottawa I think will win the cup.

I don't think thje Sens or the Sabres will win anything unless they tighten up defensively.

One crazy game does not mean the teams have bad defenses.

I expect game 2 to be a lot more tightened up, the Sens and Sabres are too good, and coached too well, to allow that kind of game to happen again.

Buffalo's defense is actually very good when everyone is healthy, hopefully they show it tomorrow. I think the Sens defense speaks for itself, what was Redden like a -4? (not looking it up, off head). That's not going to happen every game. Meszaros isn't as bad as he was in Game 1 either. The Sens defense is stacked, and the Sabres top6 is nothing to laugh at.

Crisis said:
One crazy game does not mean the teams have bad defenses.

I expect game 2 to be a lot more tightened up, the Sens and Sabres are too good, and coached too well, to allow that kind of game to happen again.

Buffalo's defense is actually very good when everyone is healthy, hopefully they show it tomorrow. I think the Sens defense speaks for itself, what was Redden like a -4? (not looking it up, off head). That's not going to happen every game. Meszaros isn't as bad as he was in Game 1 either. The Sens defense is stacked, and the Sabres top6 is nothing to laugh at.
The Sens defense is very good...probably the best in the NHL. That being said, they have had issues in their zone. Redden was terrible in game one and Chara had some tropubles in round one. They are tied for last among the 8 remaining teams in goals against average not including game one so that will put them in dead last.

dominizzo said:
WOOOW Bryzgalov is a GOD!! Watch out Anaheim

Yeah he played great. He's got a great mentality and doesn't get nervious like most rookies would.

Back
Top Bottom