The Official NHL Playoffs Thread!!!!! | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official NHL Playoffs Thread!!!!!

Dom, Philly is a different team at home? That was an absolutely pathetic performance by the Flyers. I was expecting a close game and Philly to play with desperation but they just did not showup; Hitch**** is a good coach but not showing up for 3 of the 6 games is on him.

Philly needs a new goalie!! Esche and Nitty are career back ups!! Next Derian Hatcher Desjardins have to go!! Rathj e call it a career!!! philly has to get 2 offensive guys so we can have a second scoring line going on. Nedved has to go!!

i say sign Brad Richards and Glen Murray

Knuble Forsberg Gagne
Carter Richards Murray
M.Richards Handzus Umberger
radiovojevic Eager Stevenson

so Nedved Kapanen Savage gone create cap room and get scoeres and we can win stanley next year and o yaaa i 4 got get Martin Biron from buff

dominizzo said:
Philly needs a new goalie!! Esche and Nitty are career back ups!! Next Derian Hatcher Desjardins have to go!! Rathj e call it a career!!! philly has to get 2 offensive guys so we can have a second scoring line going on. Nedved has to go!!

i say sign Brad Richards and Glen Murray

Knuble Forsberg Gagne
Carter Richards Murray
M.Richards Handzus Umberger
radiovojevic Eager Stevenson

so Nedved Kapanen Savage gone create cap room and get scoeres and we can win stanley next year and o yaaa i 4 got get Martin Biron from buff

Derian Hatcher with the Stars was a dominant defensemen but he looked horrible all series. I really like Marty Biron and even as a backup goalie he is a key guy in the locker room which everybody in Buffalo has said is a huge reason for their success. Robert Esche is a bad goaltender, i'm still shocked at how the USA hockey committee thought he would be a better choice than Miller. When was the last time Philly had a top notch goaltender? They've tried to get by on average goalies for a while now and it has gotten that team to the playoffs and that's it.

djfresh47 said:
When was the last time Philly had a top notch goaltender? They've tried to get by on average goalies for a while now and it has gotten that team to the playoffs and that's it.
Insert Vancouver and feel my pain.

Dominizzo completely nailed it on the head in his last post. I can vent, but i really dont see a point. Without Kim Johnsson and Keith Primeau, the Flyers are a joke. They play with no heart, the are slow, and the Sabres are just a much better team. Robert Esche played well in the series, most of the goals he let up came on failed clears or turnovers in the Flyers own zone. Bobby Clarke needs to get his head out of his *** and realize this isn't 1975. The anti-european mentality and the fact that the only guys he brings in are veteran big guys with little speed is a fact that he isn't up to date with the times. We knew it would be a problem when he signed Hatcher and Rathje, and when Buffalo completely out hustled and out worked us in virtually every game we saw it.

I'm tired of the mistakes, i'm tired of the attitude. This is not MY Flyers. This team gave up last night, and thats not what Flyers do. Again, i watched Dave Poulin, Bobby Clarke, Tim Kerr, Brian Propp. All these Flyer legends hustled and worked no matter what the situation night in and night out. They played tough and thats why the city loves this team. That performance last night was a disgrace to the city, the fans and anyone who watched that game. That is not Flyers hockey, i am embarassed i am ashamed.....yet i look forward as i do every year, to Flyers hockey in October.

~ LETS GO FLYERS :goof:

Keith Primeau another big slow skating forward would not of helped Philly.

RedHotCulpepper said:
Dominizzo completely nailed it on the head in his last post. I can vent, but i really dont see a point. Without Kim Johnsson and Keith Primeau, the Flyers are a joke. They play with no heart, the are slow, and the Sabres are just a much better team. Robert Esche played well in the series, most of the goals he let up came on failed clears or turnovers in the Flyers own zone. Bobby Clarke needs to get his head out of his *** and realize this isn't 1975. The anti-european mentality and the fact that the only guys he brings in are veteran big guys with little speed is a fact that he isn't up to date with the times. We knew it would be a problem when he signed Hatcher and Rathje, and when Buffalo completely out hustled and out worked us in virtually every game we saw it.

I'm tired of the mistakes, i'm tired of the attitude. This is not MY Flyers. This team gave up last night, and thats not what Flyers do. Again, i watched Dave Poulin, Bobby Clarke, Tim Kerr, Brian Propp. All these Flyer legends hustled and worked no matter what the situation night in and night out. They played tough and thats why the city loves this team. That performance last night was a disgrace to the city, the fans and anyone who watched that game. That is not Flyers hockey, i am embarassed i am ashamed.....yet i look forward as i do every year, to Flyers hockey in October.

~ LETS GO FLYERS :goof:

Flyers need new blood!!! These GEezzers have to go rejuvenate the team get younger faster GEt key free agents!! Forsberg Gagne cannot do it alone they need a 2nd scoring line

2 weeks ago you guys were saying the Flyers will win the cup...

Not it's time for a re-build...

Megatron said:
Insert Vancouver and feel my pain.
I've been hearing that excuse from Canuck fans for, I dunno, ALL MY LIFE!

Any Canuck fan that blames Alex Auld for them ****ting the bed this year is nuts. He was basically a rookie goaltender and had a good season.

Want someone to blame?

How about Marc Crawford never adjusting to what other teams were doing?

Or Crawford stubbornly sending Naslund, Morrison and Bertuzzi over the boards as the first powerplay unit only to see them do nothing, all the while the Twins and Carter would take advantage of what little power play time they did have and were FAR more productive when you look at mintues/points ratio.

Dave Nonis letting the team rot on the vine while the defense fell apart, failing to address the situation until the trade deadline.

Or Nonis letting Alex Auld play WAY too mucxh for a young goalie because he did'nt have the stones to get a backup who could play.

The Canucks #1 issue is the same issue they have had since the franchise was born. They do not and have never had a true #1 centerman.

They are pretty damn close to being a total wreck in my opinion.

They have almost nothing in the minors. Their collection of young, ascending talent consists of Luc Bourdon, Alex Auld and Ryan Kessler...that's it.

The only way to get the cap room they need to resign the Sedins, Anson Carter and Jovo is to dump salary. Bertuzzi needs a change of scenery, Naslund's leadership has been questioned, their #1 centerman is really a #3 and their depth on defense does'nt exist...

Yes, it is all Alex Auld's fault.

dominizzo said:
Flyers need new blood!!! These GEezzers have to go rejuvenate the team get younger faster GEt key free agents!! Forsberg Gagne cannot do it alone they need a 2nd scoring line

Good luck signing free agents when you have Mike Rathje making 3.5 million a year for the next 3 years and Hatcher making the same over the next 2 years.

Bob Clark is'nt gonna be able to sign anyone they want this offseason because, well, he went nuts last offseason.

The Flyers were built for the "old" NHL and they are hooped until some of those contracts expire.

Back
Top Bottom