the official senior bowl week discussion thread... | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the official senior bowl week discussion thread...

Another reason Upshaw generates great power and leverage is because he understands it. It boils down to great coaching.

Easily gets under a tackle's pads and uses his hands the way you're coached to. Upshaw is always in control of himself and his man, rather than being controlled.

The way an offense lineman generates leverage is with a wide base and a flat back while bending at the knees... punching at an upward angle. They can't do that against a guy who's already naturally got the leverage advantage built in because he's 6'1" and change. Factor in the power, strength, athletic ability, lower body explosion and technique that Upshaw plays with, and it's why he's dominating the Senior Bowl both in contact and non-contact drills.

Hey Slimm Janzen Jackson declared if you didnt know. Also, I found out he was moved to CB at McNeese. Had a few picks this year.

Yes he was a 5-star CB in high school. I am aware that he declared and I think it was a good move. He's one of my top 3 safeties in terms of ability.

Yes he was a 5-star CB in high school. I am aware that he declared and I think it was a good move. He's one of my top 3 safeties in terms of ability.
I didnt see him on the combine list...so hes facing an uphill battle I think. From what Ive seen and read on him..he impresses me quite a bit. I think he could be a terrific pick up in the later rounds.

Another reason Upshaw generates great power and leverage is because he understands it. It boils down to great coaching.

Easily gets under a tackle's pads and uses his hands the way you're coached to. Upshaw is always in control of himself and his man, rather than being controlled.

The way an offense lineman generates leverage is with a wide base and a flat back while bending at the knees... punching at an upward angle. They can't do that against a guy who's already naturally got the leverage advantage built in because he's 6'1" and change. Factor in the power, strength, athletic ability, lower body explosion and technique that Upshaw plays with, and it's why he's dominating the Senior Bowl both in contact and non-contact drills.

yeah...no doubt...leverage is a big part of it as well...the ability to get up and under guys pads...

As a former baseball guy, you can still throw a ball with labrum issues, but not with the velocity that Weeden does. I would say Mayock is wrong and Weeden is fine. His labrum is certainly not torn.

Because of Mayock poor Weeden will end up in a MRI machine.

Oh, trust me, that was destined to happen regardless, lol. :)

I think you guys are crazy on this Aaron Rodgers thing. I don't care who doubts what, I had Aaron Rodgers as the #1 pick in that Draft, the #1 quarterback in that Draft, #1 on my mancrush list, and I stand by that today. I don't particularly give a rat's arse what he looked like as a rookie. Rookies is rookies.

I didnt see him on the combine list...so hes facing an uphill battle I think. From what Ive seen and read on him..he impresses me quite a bit. I think he could be a terrific pick up in the later rounds.

I don't really worry with that. There's a lot of players invited to the combine that shouldn't be every year and will never sniff an NFL career, while more talented prospects get overlooked. Same with the Senior Bowl.

The question with Janzen remains from the neck up. Whether or not he's matured and got his head right. It's not physical.

All he needs to do is get into an NFL camp somewhere and work hard. He'll aready be as physically talented as any DB that an NFL roster can throw at him.

I think you guys are crazy on this Aaron Rodgers thing. I don't care who doubts what, I had Aaron Rodgers as the #1 pick in that Draft, the #1 quarterback in that Draft, #1 on my mancrush list, and I stand by that today. I don't particularly give a rat's arse what he looked like as a rookie. Rookies is rookies.

I'm right there with you CK. I tried searching for my old posts from back before the 05 draft (guess FH's servers can't hold 5 billion post, lol). There were a lot of people clammoring for Rodgers & were against Alex Smith. The masses were split between Rodgers, Benson, & Edwards. We wound up with neither.

The Combine Invite list has not been released yet. There is a supposed leaked release but it's only of the seniors.

I think I bought into the company line that a QB wasn't necessarily necessary, didn't realize yet how important the position was...but that doesn't change the fact that I adored Aaron Rodgers.

i wasn't referring to you either...more stuff i saw on the main forum...i do know who liked what and who didn't around here the last 3 years since i've been here though...slimm and i came here together from another site where we were draft junkies...

i do know who liked what and who didn't around here the last 3 years...

I do too... including even a little further back than that (Brady Quinn, Ted Ginn, etc.)

I think it's fairly obvious that everybody around here knew what Aaron Rodgers was going to be even before the Packers did.

Back
Top Bottom