the official senior bowl week discussion thread... | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the official senior bowl week discussion thread...

I do too... including even a little further back than that (Brady Quinn, Ted Ginn, etc.)

I think it's fairly obvious that everybody around here knew what Aaron Rodgers was going to be even before the Packers did.

I was here back then- I remember people pounding the table for Brady Quinn in 2007, but I don't recall a whole lot of people swearing up and down about Aaron Rodgers. There was a big question as to whether or not he's be worth the 2nd overall pick, and Alex Smith wasn't exactly the slam dunk #1 overall pick that Andrew Luck or Matt Stafford were expected to be. Both years were tough-I was elated when we got John Beck in the 2nd round, Ii'm the first to admit that. But that Rodgers draft was a tough one, and the Ginn draft- I liked Dwayne Bowe personally, but the main critics of the Ginn pick on this site wanted first and foremost Brady Quinn, then also Patrick Willis. Hindsite is always 20/20, but as to Rodgers- there was no stampede on this site as to getting him that year, at least as far as I can recall.

I was here back then- I remember people pounding the table for Brady Quinn in 2007, but I don't recall a whole lot of people swearing up and down about Aaron Rodgers. There was a big question as to whether or not he's be worth the 2nd overall pick, and Alex Smith wasn't exactly the slam dunk #1 overall pick that Andrew Luck or Matt Stafford were expected to be. Both years were tough-I was elated when we got John Beck in the 2nd round, Ii'm the first to admit that. But that Rodgers draft was a tough one, and the Ginn draft- I liked Dwayne Bowe personally, but the main critics of the Ginn pick on this site wanted first and foremost Brady Quinn, then also Patrick Willis. Hindsite is always 20/20, but as to Rodgers- there was no stampede on this site as to getting him that year, at least as far as I can recall.

Hoops and since banned (Ricky'sBong) will vouch because we talked about college football and the draft back then. I knew Quinn was going to bust along with Russell, and Ginnger was one of the most ridiculous picks I've ever seen in the top 10. She wasn't even an option for me.

I had Patrick Willis as the best defensive player in the draft, and knew Miami was going to make a mistake and pass him up for Brady Quinn. Worse. They passed him up for a 140 pound kick returner with her foot in a protective boot.

Rodgers presented the exact same risk as every other Tedford QB before him. All these posers running around here trying to convince people that they knew Aaron Rodgers was going to be an elite quarterback are quite frankly, full of sh*t.

Hoops and since banned (Ricky'sBong) will vouch because we talked about college football and the draft back then. I knew Quinn was going to bust along with Russell, and Ginnger was one of the most ridiculous picks I've ever seen in the top 10. She wasn't even an option for me.

I had Patrick Willis as the best defensive player in the draft, and knew Miami was going to make a mistake and pass him up for Brady Quinn. Worse. They passed him up for a 140 pound kick returner with his foot in a protective boot.

Rodgers presented the exact same risk as every other Tedford QB before him. All these posers running around here trying to convince people that they knew Aaron Rodgers was going to be an elite quarterback are quite frankly, full of sh*t.

yep...thats exactly as i recall it...

You sure about that? I think you're full of complete bullsh*t myself....

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?106766-Aaron-Rodgers

I'm full of sh-t because I insisted that even if the Packers draft Matt Leinart, it doesn't mean Aaron Rodgers is a bust? Hmm...

Reading comprehension is key here.

Seeing why he slipped does not = suddenly not liking the man as a draft prospect. When Rodgers slipped, I was as dumbfounded as anyone. That's when Mortenson and Jaws did a good job pointing out some of the problems with Rodgers' deep ball. I'd personally not had a problem with it, but it was lack of tape that bothered people. I got that. I understood it. I would've picked him anyway, though. And I made that clear in those posts. I called him another Phil Rivers, said that during that draft I tregarded him as I did Rivers. Rivers was my #1 prospect in the 2004 Draft. I declared that after his Senior Bowl.

So your proof that I'm full of sh-t...is me talking about how I had Rodgers as the #1 player in the Draft at the time that the Draft happened? Really? LMFAO!

I don't know what you THINK you've found that I should be embarrassed about. I say many times in those posts just how much I loved Aaron Rodgers in that Draft. I've already admitted that I bought into the Dolphins' hype machine that said you don't need to make sure you pick a quarterback. I realize the position is too important for that, now.

The one that is full of sh-t is you if you think I've contradicted myself on that subject. But go on and tell me about what a winner Pat White is and how Cam Newton is a terrible 1st round prospect. Go on and tell me how Andrew Luck is your Sam Bradford this year except oh wait now suddenly Bradford sucks and you always hated Bradford.

Reading comprehension is key here. Seeing why he slipped does not = suddenly not liking the man as a draft prospect. When Rodgers slipped, I was as dumbfounded as anyone. That's when Mortenson and Jaws did a good job pointing out some of the problems with Rodgers' deep ball. I'd personally not had a problem with it, but it was lack of tape that bothered people. I got that. I understood it. I would've picked him anyway, though. And I made that clear in those posts. I called him another Phil Rivers, said that during that draft I tregarded him as I did Rivers. Rivers was my #1 prospect in the 2004 Draft. I declared that after his Senior Bowl.

I read the linked thread, and ck is absolutely right on regarding what he said in that thread. You guys might want to try reading it again, particularly before you go calling BS. Ridiculous, unnecessary and just wrong.

I'll just say this. I'm very candid and up front about past mistakes. I've talked about mistakes on Brady Quinn, I've talked about mistakes on Ted Ginn and John Beck, etc. Just above if you read up, totally unbidden, I talked about my having bought into the Miami hype machine that QB isn't that important back in 2005 when Aaron Rodgers came out. I admitted that even before Slimm THOUGHT he found something I should be embarrassed about. I had no reason to admit it, if I was interested in lying or contradicting myself I could have implied that I was jumping up and down spitting mad when the Dolphins picked Ronnie Brown instead of Aaron Rodgers. But the Dolphins had made it clear long before then that they weren't likely to take Rodgers, and I bought it. I bought that the position wasn't that important and I bought that it was OK for Miami not to take him even though I ADORED Aaron Rodgers.

But some people around here don't like to talk about their own past mistakes, they do a good job trying to gloss over them.

That's fine. It's a difference in philosophy. People that are "never" wrong, are without fail, full of sh-t. I'm in a business where we run into that a lot. You run into analysts that try and position themselves so that they were never really "wrong"...just "early" or something to that effect. Or they were wrong for all the right reasons, or "nobody could've predicted" this or that. In stock analysis, you run into all of that.

I would rather people know that I've been wrong, and that's why I've always been very up front with it. To me, the smart people will know that means I'm NOT full of sh-t. That's just my way of doing things.

I read the linked thread, and ck is absolutely right on regarding what he said in that thread. You guys might want to try reading it again, particularly before you go calling BS. Ridiculous, unnecessary and just wrong.

for some reason i was thinking matt leinart was in the rodgers draft...so when i saw the leinart was the best qb prospect since palmer that's what grabbed me...anyways your correct hand not caught in cookie jar misread on my part...although some of that absolutely reads like hindsight is 20/20 to me...

I'm full of sh-t because I insisted that even if the Packers draft Matt Leinart, it doesn't mean Aaron Rodgers is a bust? Hmm...

Reading comprehension is key here.

Seeing why he slipped does not = suddenly not liking the man as a draft prospect. When Rodgers slipped, I was as dumbfounded as anyone. That's when Mortenson and Jaws did a good job pointing out some of the problems with Rodgers' deep ball. I'd personally not had a problem with it, but it was lack of tape that bothered people. I got that. I understood it. I would've picked him anyway, though. And I made that clear in those posts. I called him another Phil Rivers, said that during that draft I tregarded him as I did Rivers. Rivers was my #1 prospect in the 2004 Draft. I declared that after his Senior Bowl.

So your proof that I'm full of sh-t...is me talking about how I had Rodgers as the #1 player in the Draft at the time that the Draft happened? Really? LMFAO!

I don't know what you THINK you've found that I should be embarrassed about. I say many times in those posts just how much I loved Aaron Rodgers in that Draft. I've already admitted that I bought into the Dolphins' hype machine that said you don't need to make sure you pick a quarterback. I realize the position is too important for that, now.

The one that is full of sh-t is you if you think I've contradicted myself on that subject. But go on and tell me about what a winner Pat White is and how Cam Newton is a terrible 1st round prospect. Go on and tell me how Andrew Luck is your Sam Bradford this year except oh wait now suddenly Bradford sucks and you always hated Bradford.

Are you dizzy yet? Typical CKParrothead bullsh*t and spinning. I'm fairly capable of comprehending what's there. You don't fool me, you never have.

Furthermore, you know I didn't like Sam Bradford to begin with. Where the hell did I say Andrew Luck is my Sam Bradford? I said he's my Matt Ryan... I'll put that thread in front of your face too if I have to.

Secondly, what's with the Pat White is a winner angle? Pat White was a winner, but he wasn't an NFL quarterback prospect. I know where that thread from DolphinDigest is where I specifically said it... in the exact same thread where I talked about Matt Ryan.

Your imagination seems to be getting a little carried away now.

Cam Newton surpassed everybody's expectations of him as a rookie, even his most staunch supporters. Former NFL defensive coordinators that coached against him in college like Todd Grantham didn't think he'd transition as quickly to the NFL as he did either. Todd Grantham has forgotten more about football in the past 10 minutes than you'll ever know. But he may have been wrong here, like a lot of us were. Then again, we might end up right too. He'll be required to run a more sophisticated offense eventually.

You don't run across many quarterbacks you don't "love".

for some reason i was thinking matt leinart was in the rodgers draft...so when i saw the leinart was the best qb prospect since palmer that's what grabbed me...anyways your correct hand not caught in cookie jar misread on my part...although some of that absolutely reads like hindsight is 20/20 to me...

If anything the embarrassing thing is just that I liked Matt Leinart so damned much.

But what can I say?

As a matter of fact...I actually very recently re-watched a game that Aaron Rodgers had against Matt Leinart. Both QBs, throw for throw. I had two thoughts:

1. God damn I love Aaron Rodgers.

2. To this very day, even with the benefit of hindisght, knowing what I know, being embarrassed about it, etc...I'll be damned if I don't still watch Leinart in that game...and still love him. Just one of those things...

If anything the embarrassing thing is just that I liked Matt Leinart so damned much.

But what can I say?

As a matter of fact...I actually very recently re-watched a game that Aaron Rodgers had against Matt Leinart. Both QBs, throw for throw. I had two thoughts:

1. God damn I love Aaron Rodgers.

2. To this very day, even with the benefit of hindisght, knowing what I know, being embarrassed about it, etc...I'll be damned if I don't still watch Leinart in that game...and still love him. Just one of those things...

we all miss...i don't mind admitting when i do provided its legitimate...heck i liked brady quinn...i wasn't doing anything anywhere near as in depth evaluation wise as i do now back then but i did like him...for me it was quinn and revis...should have gone with revis who i thought was money at pitt...

it happens

Are you dizzy yet? Typical CKParrothead bullsh*t and spinning. I'm fairly capable of comprehending what's there. You don't fool me, you never have.

Furthermore, you know I didn't like Sam Bradford to begin with. Where the hell did I say Andrew Luck is my Sam Bradford? I said he's my Matt Ryan... I'll put that thread in front of your face too if I have to.

Secondly, what's with the Pat White is a winner angle? Pat White was a winner, but he wasn't an NFL quarterback prospect. I know where that thread from DolphinDigest is where I specifically said it... in the exact same thread where I talked about Matt Ryan.

Your imagination seems to be getting a little carried away now.

Cam Newton surpassed everybody's expectations of him as a rookie, even his most staunch supporters. Former NFL defensive coordinators that coached against him in college like Todd Grantham didn't think he'd transition as quickly to the NFL as he did either. Todd Grantham has forgotten more about football in the past 10 minutes than you'll ever know. But he may have been wrong here, like a lot of us were. Then again, we might end up right too. He'll be required to run a more sophisticated offense eventually.

You don't run across many quarterbacks you don't "love".

LOL, I see you don't really like being called out on some of your bullsh-t.

Go ahead on your old man's tirade. It doesn't seem like many other people are buying that you've found any contradictions in what I'm saying about Rodgers.

I never saw Slimm say Pat White was going to be a good NFL prospect. I remember him saying all he did was win in college, but that he also was a bad QB prospect.

Slimm did miss on Newton, but so did a large amount of people. If anything, if you try to crucify Slimm I would do it for his Reshad Jones backing. Hot damn Jones is a terrible FS. But then again he did say he is out of position, BUT he is atrocious at a deep single high FS.

Slimm isn't wrong that often, rarely actually.

And I thought Rodgers would suck to an unimaginable degree in the NFL. The way he couldn't create a play and how he held the ball annoyed me to no end.

But then again I still have hope in Chad Henne, so there goes my NFL QB evaluation.

I'll just say this. I'm very candid and up front about past mistakes. I've talked about mistakes on Brady Quinn, I've talked about mistakes on Ted Ginn and John Beck, etc. Just above if you read up, totally unbidden, I talked about my having bought into the Miami hype machine that QB isn't that important back in 2005 when Aaron Rodgers came out. I admitted that even before Slimm THOUGHT he found something I should be embarrassed about. I had no reason to admit it, if I was interested in lying or contradicting myself I could have implied that I was jumping up and down spitting mad when the Dolphins picked Ronnie Brown instead of Aaron Rodgers. But the Dolphins had made it clear long before then that they weren't likely to take Rodgers, and I bought it. I bought that the position wasn't that important and I bought that it was OK for Miami not to take him even though I ADORED Aaron Rodgers.

But some people around here don't like to talk about their own past mistakes, they do a good job trying to gloss over them.

That's fine. It's a difference in philosophy. People that are "never" wrong, are without fail, full of sh-t. I'm in a business where we run into that a lot. You run into analysts that try and position themselves so that they were never really "wrong"...just "early" or something to that effect. Or they were wrong for all the right reasons, or "nobody could've predicted" this or that. In stock analysis, you run into all of that.

I would rather people know that I've been wrong, and that's why I've always been very up front with it. To me, the smart people will know that means I'm NOT full of sh-t. That's just my way of doing things.
I honestly, as a 3rd party observer, did not see anything that contradicted what your beliefs about Aaron Rodgers are in that thread.

You might want to read it again.....

"I don't see any other QB in this league whose presence should disqualify a look at Matt Leinart". ---- {Contradiction.}

"The Dolphins didn't draft Rodgers and I understand why, there were questions about him. This was a weak draft to be drafting a QB in the top 5. Neither he nor Smith were any Roethlisberger or Manning. That much is clear now that the hype and hoopla of the draft have faded". ---- {Does this sound like the same person that had Aaron Rodgers as the #1 pick in the draft to you. This is same guy who'll now bash the hell out of Nick Saban for not drafting Rodgers.}

"Rodgers could compete with Leinart. I would expect Leinart to win, at least eventually. And if they both suck, then guess what you drafted poorly not once but twice so the joke is on you"..... etc.... ---- { Same guy who knew Aaron Rodgers was going to be an elite quarterback.}

"Wasn't Billy Volek a Tedford QB too? Don't forget Akili Smith". ---- { Same guy who suddenly thinks I'm "crazy" for the Teford connection, and thinking that his problems as a rookie were strictly due to just being a rookie. }

It might be hard for most of you to be able to sift through all this bullsh*t and spinning, but not me. Reading comprehension is most definitely key.

As much as I relish reading both CK's and Slimm's evaluations on prospects, I do believe this thread is currently in dire needs of control and direction towards the orginal discussion.

Back
Top Bottom