The Pac-10 is SO overrated. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pac-10 is SO overrated.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Certainly NOT hating Fresno State.

But they don't have Paul Pinnegar anymore, and Oregon is supposed to be really good.

Hell, we play Fresno in Death Valley this year.

They always seem to have good players. Not great, But good players. It just seemed like you were hating on them and that should be a good game with LSU. LSU, Auburn, and Florida are looking really good and Georgia and the Vols don't look that bad either. Next week is going to be a make or break week in the SEC. Auburn v.s. LSU and Florida v.s. Tenn. Can't wait

DolphinDevil28 said:
Certainly NOT hating Fresno State.

But they don't have Paul Pinnegar anymore, and Oregon is supposed to be really good.

Hell, we play Fresno in Death Valley this year.

You never know, the new guy could be better

I agree the pac 10 is waaay over hyped though

:sidelol: wow, SEC calling another conference overhyped. Classic! You guys typically have 5 good teams out of 12. We typically have as many in a given year. You choose the one year that the teams are doing poorly to talk trash? Arizona? Seriously? They blow, I don't care what they say in the hellhole called tucson. That would be like me saying the SEC is overrated if Vanderbilt lost to USC (and they almost beat Alabama :lol: ).

As much as I like LSU, they were lucky to escape with a victory over ASU last year! But that was last year. Lets look at this year:
USC-Ark 50-14
Tenn-Cal 35-18
LSU-UA 45-3

Wow, 2-1. You're rolling all over us. Perhaps I should judge the SEC by Arkansas alone.

It's especially funny to see the comments about the trojans. Real tough after they lose all their starters and still trounce one of your teams at home.

Don't judge us all by Tucson. That would be like me judging you by Alexandria. :wink:

Gonzo said:
:sidelol: wow, SEC calling another conference overhyped. Classic! You guys typically have 5 good teams out of 12. We typically have as many in a given year. You choose the one year that the teams are doing poorly to talk trash? Arizona? Seriously? They blow, I don't care what they say in the hellhole called tucson. That would be like me saying the SEC is overrated if Vanderbilt lost to USC (and they almost beat Alabama :lol: ).

As much as I like LSU, they were lucky to escape with a victory over ASU last year! But that was last year. Lets look at this year:
USC-Ark 50-14
Tenn-Cal 35-18
LSU-UA 45-3

Wow, 2-1. You're rolling all over us. Perhaps I should judge the SEC by Arkansas alone.

It's especially funny to see the comments about the trojans. Real tough after they lose all their starters and still trounce one of your teams at home.

Don't judge us all by Tucson. That would be like me judging you by Alexandria. :wink:

No one has ever said that USC was not a good team, But the Pac-10 is not a great confernce. USC gets great players every year when they recruit and its alot easier to reload for them. You Judging the SEC by USC beating Arkansas is just as crazy. Cal the second best team in the Pac-10 v.s. the 4th team in the SEC and its a blowout. Yeah your right the Pac 10 is great!
Also Arkansas made it closer than what Arizona did. There are more than 5 good teams in the SEC. The SEC is not a 1 year wonder they are the best conference year in and year out.

SEC > ACC > Pac 10 > Big Least :lol: > All Other minor ones

EDIT:

ACC and Pac 10 might be close or even equal, The Pac might have more bottom depth but recently the ACC is stronger near the top

Skeet84 said:
No one has ever said that USC was not a good team, But the Pac-10 is not a great confernce. USC gets great players every year when they recruit and its alot easier to reload for them. You Judging the SEC by USC beating Arkansas is just as crazy. Cal the second best team in the Pac-10 v.s. the 4th team in the SEC and its a blowout. Yeah your right the Pac 10 is great!
Also Arkansas made it closer than what Arizona did. There are more than 5 good teams in the SEC. The SEC is not a 1 year wonder they are the best conference year in and year out.

Just as crazy as judging the Pac-10 by Arizona, and that was my point. And Arkansas is a better team than Arizona. The Pac-10 is a contender EVERY year, just like the SEC. I don't care if homer fans from the SEC believe that or not, it's the truth. There probably isn't a more homeristic conference than the SEC, and that's after living in it's midst for four years.

I'll be the first to admit that this year is a down year for the Pac-10, and yet we still have 4 rated teams. However, USC, UCLA, Cal, ASU, Washington (except for the past couple of years for some reason), and sporadically the others have all consistantly been rated. SEC fans need to get off their own nuts.

SEC is up over the past few years, 5-4 National Champs versus the Pac-10. Wow, some 1-year wonders.

Gonzo said:
Just as crazy as judging the Pac-10 by Arizona, and that was my point. And Arkansas is a better team than Arizona. The Pac-10 is a contender EVERY year, just like the SEC. I don't care if homer fans from the SEC believe that or not, it's the truth. There probably isn't a more homeristic conference than the SEC, and that's after living in it's midst for four years.

I'll be the first to admit that this year is a down year for the Pac-10, and yet we still have 4 rated teams. However, USC, UCLA, Cal, ASU, Washington (except for the past couple of years for some reason), and sporadically the others have all consistantly been rated. SEC fans need to get off their own nuts.

SEC is up over the past few years, 5-4 National Champs versus the Pac-10. Wow, some 1-year wonders.
:clap:

Alex44 said:
SEC > ACC > Pac 10 > Big Least :lol: > All Other minor ones

EDIT:

ACC and Pac 10 might be close or even equal, The Pac might have more bottom depth but recently the ACC is stronger near the top

The Big 10 is second to the SEC

Gonzo said:

I was not judging the Pac-10 by just one game. The SEC is 3-1 v.s. the Pac-10 this year so Number speak alot louder than words. The SEC will always be the best confernce cause there is more talent in the Southeast and no one sends more ppl to the NFL than the SEC. The SEC does not have alot of National titles because there are so many good teams playing one another. Now you can keep thinking that the Pac-10 is just as good as the SEC, but your just being a Homer and not looking at the facts. 3-1 this year and the Pac-10 is the 4th best conference in College Football. I am not being a Homer I just look at whats right in front of my eyes.

culpepper2chambers said:

I hope your not clapping cause you think he is right. Hey didn't OSU you get dominated by Boise State? Just Wondering? Yeah the Pac-10 is really great. :lol:

Alex44 said:
How could I forget the Big 10 :blowup: your right though and the Big 12

SEC > Big 10 > ACC > Pac 10 = Big 12 > Big East

I agree with the updated rankings. :wink:

Skeet84 said:
I agree with the updated rankings. :wink:

I think soon the ACC will be near Big 10 status

Miami and FSU are top notch, V-Tech is very good, Georgia Tech is very under rated, Boston College seems to be getting better, but then at the bottom you have teams like Duke......who wont ever do anything, so that hurts it some.

Im glad Miami isnt in the SEC :lol:

Skeet84 said:
I hope your not clapping cause you think he is right. Hey didn't OSU you get dominated by Boise State? Just Wondering? Yeah the Pac-10 is really great. :lol:
umm i wouldnt be surprised if boise state will be in top 25, after this week since every poll they were getting alot of votes

DolphinDevil28 said:
USC is the only excellent team in that conference.

But I'll tell you one thing, if they had to travel to Death Valley, the Swamp, or Auburn, they'd be SHOCKED at what an SEC football game environment is.

Yeah, okay. I guess 2003 is too far back to be relevant. Let's see, USC traveled to Auburn to open the season in a primetime nationally televised game. Matt Leinart was a redshirt sophomore who had never thrown a pass in college football. Auburn was a 4 point favorite with both Caddy and Ronnie Brown entering their junior seasons.

Result: USC 23, Auburn 0.

The Trojans were indeed shocked, that Auburn was so much of a pushover they could only muster 43 yards rushing and 164 yards total offense.

A year earlier, USC defeated Auburn in the Coliseum, 24-17.

No denying the Pac-10 is down right now, but to include USC in the discussion is ludicrous. The roster right now is much more talented top to bottom than in 2003. You're going to have to get used to hating SC for as long as Pete Carroll sticks around.

Back
Top Bottom