The Pac-10 is SO overrated. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pac-10 is SO overrated.

Amars said:
Im not just talking about this year or one year in particular. Im talking overall. None of the SEC teams are above these teams.
Top 5 in no specific order

1. Notre Dame
2. USC
3. Texas
4. Ohio State
5. Oklahoma

what has Notre Dame down to be even in the top 5? they havent won a national championship in 10 years. and have had a few losing seasons actually.

Hey I agree that SEC has the toughest conference and its tough for them because they beat up on eachother.

Nappy Roots said:
what has Notre Dame down to be even in the top 5? they havent won a national championship in 10 years. and have had a few losing seasons actually.

They have history....but thats it, most kids today dont know or care about a programs history, they care about now, and rightfully so

Nappy Roots said:

So USC went through a 10 year drought are they not considered top 5. Notre Dame is probably a top 3 program all time.

Amars said:
So USC went through a 10 year drought are they not considered top 5. Notre Dame is probably a top 3 program all time.

ah my fault. i thought you were talking about top programs recently. not of all time.

Nappy Roots said:

I agree.

If you are talking about strictly PROGRAMS, which means getting recruits, being competitive year in and year out, having a large financial and fan support base, then you'd have to include Florida State, Florida and Miami also.

I work for the LSU athletic department, and they said statistically wise we are certainly in the top 5 programs in the country when it comes to financial support and such.

It's almost impossible to make a top 5 list of programs because there are so many of them.

If I had to say Top 10, in no particular order they'd be:

Texas
Miami
Florida
Florida State
Michigan
Ohio State
LSU
USC
Auburn
Notre Dame/Tennessee/Oklahoma

Maybe I'm forgetting one or two, but those are certainly the top 10 or so college football programs CURRENTLY.

6-11 in no particular order for me would be

LSU
Michigan
Miami
Florida State
Auburn
Florida

My top 10 will easily show that the SEC is the strongest conference.

Alex44 said:
UM FSU VT GT Boston College > Entire Big East

Louisville is good I'll give you that, but they arent winning this week

Are you saying each of those 5 teams are better then any team in the BigEast?
That would be a rediculous statement.

If your are saying that those 5 teams as a whole are better then the 8 BigEast teams as a whole then maybe some would agree with you. Not me.

Alot will be seen this week.
WVU plays an ACC team : Maryland
Louisville plays an ACC team : Miami U
Pitt plays a Big10 team : Mich St
UConn plays a Big10 team : Indiana
Syracuse plays a Big10 team : Illinois(which Rutgers destroyed in week 2)
Cincinatti Plays a Big10 team : Ohio St
Also USF plays UCF which should be a good game, and Rutgers take on Ohio in a couple games against decent mid-majors

So this week will show alot for how good the BigEast is this year; Top to bottom.

Skeet84 said:
The SEC has become a better basketball conference too. When you start talking about most other sports than the SEC is most dominant period.

all i know is all time championships NOBODY can touch the PAC10 (combined women/men) championships.

UCLA 99
Stanford 92
SC 84
Oklahoma St 48

Alex44 said:
UM FSU VT GT Boston College > Entire Big East

Louisville is good I'll give you that, but they arent winning this week

If Louisville wins this week this week the winner of WVU vs Louisville should run the table because of the soft schedule. Eventhough they don't play anybody besides from Louisville, West Virginia is a better team than all the teams you listed above.

vmarcilfan75 said:
all i know is all time championships NOBODY can touch the PAC10 (combined women/men) championships.

UCLA 99
Stanford 92
SC 84
Oklahoma St 48

You do know what forum your posting in right? :wink:

vmarcilfan75 said:

UCLA 99
Stanford 92
SC 84
Oklahoma St 48

Oklahoma State is in the Big 12.

So it basically comes down to the SEC being the best conference in the country which most people would agree. I don't think the other conferences blow away the Pac-10 but we shall see how the season plays out. The Sec usually has football rich schools so why wouldn't they be the best conference? If their is a down conference this year I think it maybe the Big 12. It's September and things sort themself out but people knew going into the year that the Pac-10 wasn't that good, but did they know the ACC would be as unimpressive so far this year?

Back
Top Bottom