The Pac-10 is SO overrated. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pac-10 is SO overrated.

Awsi Dooger said:
Yeah, okay. I guess 2003 is too far back to be relevant. Let's see, USC traveled to Auburn to open the season in a primetime nationally televised game. Matt Leinart was a redshirt sophomore who had never thrown a pass in college football. Auburn was a 4 point favorite with both Caddy and Ronnie Brown entering their junior seasons.

Result: USC 23, Auburn 0.

The Trojans were indeed shocked, that Auburn was so much of a pushover they could only muster 43 yards rushing and 164 yards total offense.

A year earlier, USC defeated Auburn in the Coliseum, 24-17.

No denying the Pac-10 is down right now, but to include USC in the discussion is ludicrous. The roster right now is much more talented top to bottom than in 2003. You're going to have to get used to hating SC for as long as Pete Carroll sticks around.

Well no one is saying USC is not good and it takes more than 1 team to be a great and toughest conference. Besides it is not out of the Question for LSU you to beat Auburn 24-17 and the next year win 23-0, But it is alot tougher if your LSU to go thru Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, and the rest of the SEC in the same year than have to play in the SEC Championship game. Make no mistake about it that the road to the National title thru the SEC is alot tougher than the Pac-10. We can argue all we want, But what we truly need is a playoff and than we can finally have a true National Champion.

Alex44 said:
I think soon the ACC will be near Big 10 status

Miami and FSU are top notch, V-Tech is very good, Georgia Tech is very under rated, Boston College seems to be getting better, but then at the bottom you have teams like Duke......who wont ever do anything, so that hurts it some.

Im glad Miami isnt in the SEC :lol:

I agree that the ACC will only get stronger and is pretty strong right now. Yeah I am also gald Miami is not in the SEC even tho I miss the Miami v.s. Florida game.

culpepper2chambers said:
umm i wouldnt be surprised if boise state will be in top 25, after this week since every poll they were getting alot of votes

Yeah they are a good football team and I am sure they will be in the Top 25 this week and if not very soon! I am surprised they beat OSU as much as they did tho.

Skeet84 said:
I agree that the ACC will only get stronger and is pretty strong right now. Yeah I am also gald Miami is not in the SEC even tho I miss the Miami v.s. Florida game.

Thing about the SEC is the schedule is so tough your almost guaranteed to lose 1 or 2 games, of course if you roll through undefeated you will be in the national championship game (unless your Auburn apparently, IMO they were that years national champion)

Skeet84 said:
Well no one is saying USC is not good and it takes more than 1 team to be a great and toughest conference. Besides it is not out of the Question for LSU you to beat Auburn 24-17 and the next year win 23-0, But it is alot tougher if your LSU to go thru Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, and the rest of the SEC in the same year than have to play in the SEC Championship game. Make no mistake about it that the road to the National title thru the SEC is alot tougher than the Pac-10. We can argue all we want, But what we truly need is a playoff and than we can finally have a true National Champion.

Im all for a 4 or 8 team playoff, IMO college football needs it

DolphinDevil28 said:
The only single reason this conference gets any publicity whatsoever is because of USC.

That's IT.

Last week we heard about how Tennessee is back because they crushed a "good" California team.
Yeah, Tennessee beat AIR FORCE by one point in Knoxville tonight.

We heard that Arizona was a team to watch, and they'd give my LSU Tigers a run for their money tonight.

Uh-huh. 45-3 LSU.

Welcome to the SEC boys.

And no. 20 Oregon is only beating Fresno State by four right now.

I'm so sick and tired of Pac-10 fans always whining about how they belong in the discussions of best football conferences in America.

YOU DON'T.

Yeah, wait till my ASU Sun Devils win it all this year. :lol:

asu... high hopes every year... yet they always end up in some 2nd tier bowl game... :fire:

we compete in every sport not just football. Thats why the PAC10 is called

THE CONFERENCE OF CHAMPIONS! :D

vmarcilfan75 said:
we compete in every sport not just football. Thats why the PAC10 is called

THE CONFERENCE OF CHAMPIONS! :D

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom