The Pach's 2021 Quarterbacks (Underclassman) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's 2021 Quarterbacks (Underclassman)

Really like the Lock/Goff comparison - and ultimately it's why I'm not sold on him without seeing him get tested.

I have to see you get tested. BYU's schedule is not his fault. Good prospect with talent, but you don't really know what you're getting. He's in his 3rd year starting and everytime he's been tested against a good team he's gotten smoked.

Couple of those BYU offensive lineman are pretty good though.

Last edited:
North Carolina QB Sam Howell has completely gone bonkers against Wake Forest. He's thrown for over 550 yards and 6 TD's so far, with about 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter; in a tied game.

What are your takes on this kid. He seems to have lots of talent.

Right now, if everything goes per plan with Tua, I am for drafting a QB in this draft to replace Fitz since we only have Tua on contract for next year.
And right now I am on Levi Lewis the Rajin Cajun bandwagon. He is Kyler, Tua light. Lefty, very quick, 5-10, very accurate. Gameplan does not change if he needs to come in and he can play, he can throw, and he can roll and escape pressure. I think he perfectly fits this Tua-Gailey offense. If we stick with that, Levi Lewis for me.

I honestly believe the Dolphins will attempt to recruit another veteran QB that has been around the block for the QB room. There's value in that. Brian Hoyer actually played a key role for New England in preparing for the Los Angeles Rams in the Super Bowl. You have to make sure you have the right personality, a guy that will be supportive, but also be ready to step in.

It's not that I'm against grooming a young guy. I always want to take a chance on those guys. I just think this may be where the Dolphins go with it.

Also evidently they're very high on Reid Sinnett, who is on their practice squad. I would look out for him. He caught my eye at the NFLPA all star game as well. Clearly a big, strong, prototypical looking guy.

Did you have positive or negative thoughts on Josh Gattis?

I didn't really care for him. Gattis was a high flying WR's coach his 1 year at Bama and had a chance to establish a professional resume necessary under Saban to land a big time head coaching job. Instead, he just up and left like a thief in the night - then spoke unkindly of his head coach and offensive coordinator - and is now the owner of the worst offense in college football.

I don't think it worked out quite the way he was thinking.

In terms of playing from the pocket, reading coverages, seeing underneath defenders, accuracy, footwork, etc. - Trevor Lawrence just isn't that special in my opinion.

However, what he's able to do that's really unique to me is how he's able to move and throw to his non dominant side.

You don't see many QB's that are able to run full speed to their non dominant side and rip throws like this. He's so lanky and flexible in his hips that's he's consistently able to square his shoulders and deliver on target throws moving to his left at a high rate of speed. In fact, I believe this is when he's at his best and is the most accurate as opposed to standing in the pocket. It's not just the squaring of the shoulders - it's his ability to torque his hips while doing this, which is what generates the velocity.

Last edited:

If Zach Wilson ain't a first round pick the league is dumb.

Also I know he's not eligible but Sam Howell is phenomenal. Next year is a good one to tank if you need a QB.

Last edited:
In terms of playing from the pocket, reading coverages, seeing underneath defenders, accuracy, footwork, etc. - Trevor Lawrence just isn't that special in my opinion.

However, what he's able to do that's really unique to me is how he's able to move and throw to his non dominant side.

You don't see many QB's that are able to run full speed to their non dominant side and rip throws like this. He's so lanky and flexible in his hips that's he's consistently able to square his shoulders and deliver on target throws moving to his left at a high rate of speed. In fact, I believe this is when he's at his best and is the most accurate as opposed to standing in the pocket. It's not just the squaring of the shoulders - it's his ability to torque his hips while doing this, which is what generates the velocity.

I know you've been saying it for a while, but ain't no way would I put Trevor over Tua.

I honestly believe the Dolphins will attempt to recruit another veteran QB that has been around the block for the QB room. There's value in that. Brian Hoyer actually played a key role for New England in preparing for the Los Angeles Rams in the Super Bowl. You have to make sure you have the right personality, a guy that will be supportive, but also be ready to step in.

It's not that I'm against grooming a young guy. I always want to take a chance on those guys. I just think this may be where the Dolphins go with it.

Also evidently they're very high on Reid Sinnett, who is on their practice squad. I would look out for him. He caught my eye at the NFLPA all star game as well. Clearly a big, strong, prototypical looking guy.
I like your thinking re having a veteran QB as a backup. But why not keep Fitz for another season? Many of us think that he's actually better than Hoyer, he's beloved by Dolphin fans and if needed can enter a game and play hard - he's done it before. Fitz is not a long term backup but he's smart as hell and appears to have a good working relationship with Tua.

I'm all in on Zack Wilson being a top 10 pick at this point. Kid is so good.

Really like the Lock/Goff comparison - and ultimately it's why I'm not sold on him without seeing him get tested.

I have to see you get tested. BYU's schedule is not his fault. Good prospect with talent, but you don't really know what you're getting. He's in his 3rd year starting and everytime he's been tested against a good team he's gotten smoked.

Couple of those BYU offensive lineman are pretty good though.

Dang he got smoked again. By Coastal Carolina. Y'all sure about this kid?

Back
Top Bottom