The Patriots have Fumbled the ball far less than Anybody Since 2000............... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Patriots have Fumbled the ball far less than Anybody Since 2000...............

True but the NFL allowing the teams to supply their own balls tells me they don't view this as a significant issue. Pretty certain that from here on out the NFL will safeguard all footballs, both pregame and in game, instead of just the kicking balls.

For one big reason, there are also disadvantages to less air in the ball especially on passes further down field. It has advantages and disadvantages.

For one big reason, there are also disadvantages to less air in the ball especially on passes further down field. It has advantages and disadvantages.
And a lot of folks are ignoring that instead choosing to focus on the fact that the evil empire cheated yet again.

And a lot of folks are ignoring that instead choosing to focus on the fact that the evil empire cheated yet again.

Aikman, Marino, Brunnell all know that A qb COULD grip it and rip it, and it is easier to secure qb and ball carrier

I think the NFL should let them have their choice of PSI in ball before the game but they HAVE to kick with it as well... Still cheaters would find a way to cheat... As they say if you aren't cheatin you ain't trying hard enough

True but the NFL allowing the teams to supply their own balls tells me they don't view this as a significant issue. Pretty certain that from here on out the NFL will safeguard all footballs, both pregame and in game, instead of just the kicking balls.

They don't supply their own balls....the officials check the balls for weight and psi.....sign off on them.....and then give each team 12 balls each.

The teams are expected to be honorable and not deflate the balls.....but clearly the Patriots are not honorable.

I'm surprised at the Patriot apologists who on the heels of spygate have no issue with deflate gate?

Rules are rules....if you don't like them lobby to change them....but to break the rules gives one side and advantage when the other team is honorable and follows the rules.

Multiple hall of famers have clearly stated the huge advantage this gave the Patriots in an untold number of games.

Only a naïve person would assume this was anywhere near the first time they were breaking these rules.

Mark Brunnell stated he could throw a ball with 2 pounds deflation 10 yards further.

Jerome Bettis stated that it would be easier to not fumble........surprise....The Patriots have been by far the least fumbling team in the NFL.

This is a clear cut case of violating the rules....cheating...in order to win.

Just like an athlete taking illegal drugs....a Nascar team adjusting a car outside of Nascar guidelines.......it requires penalties....and in the case of a repeat offender.....severe penalties.

Mark Brunnell stated he could throw a ball with 2 pounds deflation 10 yards further.

Jerome Bettis stated that it would be easier to not fumble........surprise....The Patriots have been by far the least fumbling team in the NFL.

This is a clear cut case of violating the rules....cheating...in order to win.

Just like an athlete taking illegal drugs....a Nascar team adjusting a car outside of Nascar guidelines.......it requires penalties....and in the case of a repeat offender.....severe penalties.

A ball with less air will not go further brunell is off in the head

Do it your own self,or just think of a basketball with less air.
It doesn't go further

A ball with less air will not go further brunell is off in the head

Do it your own self,or just think of a basketball with less air.
It doesn't go further

I think his point was he could throw if farther because he can grip it better.

He may can but like I said there are advantages and disadvantages.
Main advantage better grip, disadvantage deep balls.

Not sure which QB said it but the argument is that with a tighter grip your index finger stays longer on the ball and gives it a faster spin. The faster the spin and tighter the spiral the deeper the pass could be with the same effort.
It is definitely an advantage for QBs with smaller hands.

That would depend on arm strength. Most QBs have plenty of arm strength, so throwing a slightly deflated ball deep isn't going to be an issue. Grip can be a huge issue.

I don't see any disadvantages for the QB throwing a slightly deflated football.

Petty and immature is to go and say that Brady isn't a hall of fame qb over this . I can't even believe I heard that In this forum lol what a joke. Never missed a dolphins game in 15 years but you don't see me saying such absurd things just because I dislike someone.

No, petty and immature is downplaying your lack of integrity by drawing a comparison to something far more serious that involves genocide and unspeakable human atrocities.

That would depend on arm strength. Most QBs have plenty of arm strength, so throwing a slightly deflated ball deep isn't going to be an issue. Grip can be a huge issue.

I don't see any disadvantages for the QB throwing a slightly deflated football.

A lighter ball is more affected by wind resistance, the longer the throw the more it is influenced.

Brady referencing Isis is one of the most clueless ignorant things he could possibly have said.

Exactly...and I have done it.

Obviously at some point it becomes too deflated...but at the required levels its a lot harder to grip it and control it than with 2 pounds deflation.

And I'm quite sure Mark Brunnell has thrown more NFL footballs than myself or anyone on this forum.

I would love to hear Marino's take on it.

maddog, weren't you the one posting a study done by espn or shown on espn about how small a difference it would be, with a more deflated ball?

Back
Top Bottom