The Phins WILL Draft Braylon Edwards | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Phins WILL Draft Braylon Edwards

Canadianfishfan said:
Makes you wonder what we're really gonna do doesnt it?

I like it when no one knows what we are doing.I only worry when we dont know what we are doing.

He makes plays granted, but he won't be catching Randy Moss type numbers in our offense, when we have CC and RM, who demand the ball be thrown to them. I would rather have the ball in a Running backs hands 30x a game, rather than a receiver who's lucky to get 7 thrown his way. But, everybody is entitled to their opinion, which is why I really like this site.

arsenal said:
depends on who you ask who the BPA is, scouts.com has benson, others have DJ, others have rodgers, or smith, some have brown... who does saban have?

BENSON OR EDWARDS IT DONT MATTER BUT I WILL PREDICT THAT WE WONT BE DRAFTING A QB IN THE FIRST ROUND WE RESIGN SAGE AND WE PICKED UP GUS AND WE HAVE FEELEY SO WE WILL GO WITH WHAT WE NEED THE MOST RB (BENSON) WR (EDWARDS):evil: :evil:

The fans will demand a stud, even if you are loaded at his position. They might not like it, but it would allow flexibility in your organization via trades for players or draft picks. It allows your team to administrate.

You might be right,but I'm not sure Coach Saban is sold on the RB's he has on the roster.

So, Frerotte posted a 118.1 rating in two and a half games and he's going to be our offensive savior? In case you weren't aware, Frerotte hasn't done much of anything his entire career. Actually, how a man with his career stats has played as much as he has is beyond me. By the way, those games in 2003 were against scrubs - they were against Detroit (25th against the pass), San Francisco (27th), and Atlanta (29th).

We don't have Culpepper or Moss. We also don't have Minnesota's perenially weak schedule. We also don't have a strong line. It's been pointed out plenty of times that Frerotte hasn't ever produced behind even an average line. Frerotte, aside from two and a half games in 2003, hasn't really produced in his career.

We may take Braylon Edwards for all I know. WR certainly isn't on our needs list - even without Boston. If Boston comes back, we won't take Edwards. If we do take Edwards, I'd say it's more than likely we trade him to address our needs. Our needs aren't very well represented in this draft with the exception of running back. At this point, based on our offseason moves, running back looks like the most likely choice at #2.

cigar said:
Alas, the reason I don't share my Nostradomus like thoughts more often.
Read it and weep.

Just show up after we don't take Edwards and take your punishment like a man!:D

Thank You

FireWrongstedt said:
Well, only one more month of these stupid, baseless draft predictions.

The over/under on mindless mock drafts between now and April 23 is 1047.

Player evaluation threads and strategy threads are extremely interesting around here. But there is zero middle ground. You plummet 50,000 feet from those to the mock draft threads and "we will do this" threads and "what about this trade?" threads.

cigar said:
I rarely make posts on this board, and the ones I have made have come true (Review previous posts). You might as well chalk this one up. Lets talk a minute about the #2 pick. I can easily sum it up by saying "you better not screw it up." This means (obviously) that you pick the best player available - period. Not who can help us this year. Not who would fit your system. Not even player A might be a little better than player B, but player B is of more need. When you have a pick this high, the pressure is going to come down from both the fans and the payroll dept. The fans will demand a stud, even if you are loaded at his position. They might not like it, but it would allow flexibility in your organization via trades for players or draft picks. It allows your team to administrate. The front office will demand a stud, because no matter what, the organization is forced to make an investment that is far too risky for conventional investment practice. Some kid is coming out of college and will immediately become one of the highest paid playes without even taking a snap. No mail room, or apprenticeship, or point man with the shotgun. Nick Saban doesnt really have a difficult choice. Is Ronnie Brown the best player in the draft? Backup at Auburn; never carried the load; doesnt have a burst or elusiveness; put up "good", not "great" numbers; closes the door for trades (who is gonna trade up to get a RB when they are stocked); it can be debated as to whether he is even the best RB, let alone the best player in the draft. And please lets not fall for the combine "track practice" numbers. Braylon Edwards is undoubtably the best WR; put up record numbers at Michigan; racked up awards; also has all the tools; creates flexibility as far as trades (because he is the premire WR); and is rated higher than Brown on a majority of GM lists.
I know we have Chambers and Booker, but look what Linehan did with Moss, Robinson, Cambell, and Burelson last year. They ALL got the ball. And look what he did with his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string backs. They were easily plugged in when Bennett went down. And lets not forget a 3rd rounder already spent on Gordon.
This #2 pick isnt about who will help us or coaching philosophies. Its about a mandate to pick the best player. We dont have a choice.

Way to go, another Swami...get a life...

cigar said:
I rarely make posts on this board, and the ones I have made have come true (Review previous posts). You might as well chalk this one up. Lets talk a minute about the #2 pick. I can easily sum it up by saying "you better not screw it up." This means (obviously) that you pick the best player available - period. Not who can help us this year. Not who would fit your system. Not even player A might be a little better than player B, but player B is of more need. When you have a pick this high, the pressure is going to come down from both the fans and the payroll dept. The fans will demand a stud, even if you are loaded at his position. They might not like it, but it would allow flexibility in your organization via trades for players or draft picks. It allows your team to administrate. The front office will demand a stud, because no matter what, the organization is forced to make an investment that is far too risky for conventional investment practice. Some kid is coming out of college and will immediately become one of the highest paid playes without even taking a snap. No mail room, or apprenticeship, or point man with the shotgun. Nick Saban doesnt really have a difficult choice. Is Ronnie Brown the best player in the draft? Backup at Auburn; never carried the load; doesnt have a burst or elusiveness; put up "good", not "great" numbers; closes the door for trades (who is gonna trade up to get a RB when they are stocked); it can be debated as to whether he is even the best RB, let alone the best player in the draft. And please lets not fall for the combine "track practice" numbers. Braylon Edwards is undoubtably the best WR; put up record numbers at Michigan; racked up awards; also has all the tools; creates flexibility as far as trades (because he is the premire WR); and is rated higher than Brown on a majority of GM lists.
I know we have Chambers and Booker, but look what Linehan did with Moss, Robinson, Cambell, and Burelson last year. They ALL got the ball. And look what he did with his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string backs. They were easily plugged in when Bennett went down. And lets not forget a 3rd rounder already spent on Gordon.
This #2 pick isnt about who will help us or coaching philosophies. Its about a mandate to pick the best player. We dont have a choice.

No they won't.

see i disagree...whats keeping us from getting a good receiver in Reggie Brown in the 3rd round.... he's a solid prospect and can carry the load with chambers and co.

i think we will be stupid to not jump on the talent of brown or caddie.... or brown

lets reserve the "we WILL do this" threads for those who speak to saban personally... otherwise SHUT YOUR TRAP

Braylon Edwards is going to be a great pro receiver, and I know he would love to play for Miami, BUT a receiver is far down the list of our priorities. If we draft a player at the #2 spot it has to be a receiver or a QB.

Back
Top Bottom