The play that should make Tannehill's biggest detractors step back and smile | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The play that should make Tannehill's biggest detractors step back and smile

That was a great pass, example of Tannehill at his best, throwing with accuracy on the run. Problem is he came up short on a long pass to Stills that would have been a TD. He also missed RB in the flats twice where the opportunity for big plays was there. He is what he is, serviceable, not a star.

poor guy missed a few throws in a game where he played his role on the comeback win and you use those few plays to write off his performance?

cmon now. not the week to nitpick IMO. Tanne played really well when we needed him most.

That was a great pass, example of Tannehill at his best, throwing with accuracy on the run. Problem is he came up short on a long pass to Stills that would have been a TD. He also missed RB in the flats twice where the opportunity for big plays was there. He is what he is, serviceable, not a star.

He didn't come up short. It was a perfect pass. Back shoulder vs that leverage and coverage.

That play was unreal. That's the type of play that demoralizes a defense, it was crucial in our win. Also props to Landry who was able to get open despite being held (and the stupid refs not calling it).

His biggest detractors don't want him to succeed at all so this definitely won't make them smile.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Big boy play.

His cherry got popped on that one.

If that big boy play was the type of play that popped his cherry, then that baby has been popped already.

Good to see Ryan rolling out again when the rusher is coming at him.

Great play by Tanny. Landry was being help but they didn't call it and great job getting hit like that and holding on. Others would have fumbled there.

Ozzy rules!!

Great play. Big boy play on a pivotal 3rd down. But we know by now that plays like that aren't the norm. Tannehill has always flashed and teased.

I realize that "IMHO" is implicit here but maybe on future related posts you might include it to ensure that no one remotely mistakes your individual opinion for a statement of fact. :up:

With a strong running game I think there's going to be less pressure on him to make those kinds of plays, and in turn we should start seeing them successful more often.

I remember that play and immediately thought to myself...did he sense the backside pressure coming before he bailed? Is that coincidence or was that some pocket awareness? Regardless it was a huge play on 3rd down, great pass and Landry somehow always seems to get open on these plays.

Gase mentioned this play in his presser on facebook.

Down 3, under 6 minutes to play, near midfield and it is 3rd and 7.

bh4qIU.gif

When I watched it live, I mostly saw the back side pressure from the end, but holy crap, the entire Bills DL is chasing him around like the Keystone Cops. :lol:

His biggest detractors don't want him to succeed at all so this definitely won't make them smile.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm one of his biggest detractors and I think what most of us want is for him to break one way or the other and not just keep muddling around in mediocrity. I only got to watch the 4th qrt. yesterday and he did everything I want my qb to do. Stuff he consistently failed at in the past. That said, I'm not sure the underthrow to Stills at the end was great or lucky. He typically doesn't throw guys open like that. He has had games and short stretches in past of playing well, he has a long way to go until he proves me wrong. If your RB is getting 200 yrds. any decent NFL qb is going to have success.

That's what I wanted to see from him. The O-line was playing poorly, but I wanted to see him move his feet more. Hats off to him yesterday.

When I watched it live, I mostly saw the back side pressure from the end, but holy crap, the entire Bills DL is chasing him around like the Keystone Cops. :lol:

Yeah and PFF says the O-line did better in pass blocking than run blocking...SMH. For his 30 drop backs he was under pressure a good amount...got sacked only once but he got out of pressure 4 times by running for a couple of yards (not much but a positive play at least) and move around in the pocket. Probably the first game since his rookie season where it looked like he had some pocket awareness.

Back
Top Bottom