The reason Dolphins management and ownership aren’t devastated by draft position falling | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The reason Dolphins management and ownership aren’t devastated by draft position falling

If Fromm is their guy, they would take him with their first pick. Whether that is at 1 or 4.

They arent gonna gamble that he will be on the board with the second or third pick.

You are Right. It will b with their 1st pick in 1st round. But no need to reach in top 5 picks for him. Get some some wins- give the guys confidence in what you are trying to instill in program - still get the guy you want in 6-10 range.

I would guess that Mr. Ross doesn't spend a ton of time on Jet Skis! Meanwhile, I'm with Hoops, we must get to #2. I see the Bengals taking Joe Burrow at #1 which leaves us the guy we wanted to begin with. Tua may have lost the head to head duel with Burrow but he played great and never gave up. Plus, he was slowed by injury. If he's a consolation prize then sign me up. The team had to try to win a game or two mostly for the morale of the players and for all the attention the tank was getting us. The tank narrative is now over and I think that was important. The Skins will will 4 games, same with the Jet's and the Falcons, at least. I think we'll actually finish with the #2 pick behind the Bengals who may just go winless.

I'd love to keep our picks but if they get traded for Tua or Burrow, wada yah gonna do? I've been crying about the QB situation too long to get bothered that they traded up for one despite the amount of picks we may need to give up.

I have a gut-wrenching feeling that neither Tua nor Burrow is going to be the best QB in this draft. Don't ask what I'm basing that on because it's just a caveman, lack of info, what the hell are you droning on about feeling.

Attracting FAs is the rub. We should be big players on the market with the space we will have. According to a bleacherreport list there is great and YOUNG interior oline to be had if they hit the market:

Brandon Scherff, 27, G
Joe Thuney, 26, G
Cody Whitehair, 26, C
C Tretter, 28, C

Draft a T high and bring in 2 of the above and our oline is looking pretty darn good.

We gotta hit on that QB. It's our time guys. If Grier f@cks this up- so many picks, so much cap...

I agree! Do folks on here realize that of all the 1st and 2nd place teams in their divisions only Philly fields a QB who was selected in the top 5 (and they won an SB with the backup)? It takes more than just a highly drafted QB to build a winner and I still believe the people in charge is more important than the pick we get. I would love to have the pick of the litter, like many other here, but will not consider it the end all be all. Too much history that shows us it is not.

Well said.

I feel like these threads all require the same answer from me, but I have said that enough. Basically, good coaching and a good plan for the QB will have as big of an impact as drafting "the best QB".

Tons of evidence backs this up.

Right now, seeing the player development and how the team in actually limiting penalties and missed tackles does lead one to think the coaching situation, at this moment, is something that is trending way up in Miami.

In the end, if the coaching is right, the plan for the QB's development is right, getting the 3rd QB in the draft should end up a win.

Herbert would be a nightmare. I liked him last year but he’s too Mariota like mentallly

He’s been stepping back
That’s the problem

I feel like these threads all require the same answer from me, but I have said that enough. Basically, good coaching and a good plan for the QB will have as big of an impact as drafting "the best QB".

Tons of evidence backs this up.

Right now, seeing the player development and how the team in actually limiting penalties and missed tackles does lead one to think the coaching situation, at this moment, is something that is trending way up in Miami.

In the end, if the coaching is right, the plan for the QB's development is right, getting the 3rd QB in the draft should end up a win.

Agree with this to an extent but the Bears would say otherwise. Steelers would say otherwise. And the Rams are up **** creek now too because Goff is showing his true self after his oline drops off from the best in the league to average. All good organizations. All decent to good coaching staffs. All talented teams. QB is holding them back. Trubisky has a great OC and very good weapons. Great defense. He's just terrible.

You can probably put the bills in there too. They are gonna crumble down the stretch because of lackluster QB play.

Bears and Rams are gonna be in a world of hurt because they cant keep these high paid players while their QB is shitting the bed.

Basically you can build up your team all you want and have great coaching, but if the QB doesnt have it, you are gonna have a limited ceiling and window.

And I dont like going with the 2nd or 3rd best QB because how many are really good from a draft? Most drafts one or none.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom