The reason Dolphins management and ownership aren’t devastated by draft position falling | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The reason Dolphins management and ownership aren’t devastated by draft position falling

There are a lot of QB prospects in this draft. If we hit on the right one, all will be good. But, the earlier our choice is the better. And, if we miss out on an Aaron Rodgers' type player because of a couple of _completely meaningless_ wins, I'll be frustrated about it forever. And I doubt I'll be alone.

And yes, I know and recall Aaron Rodger's draft day plummet from potential overall #1 to becoming the last lonely guy in the green room on draft day as lots of teams passed on him. Doesn't change my thoughts.

That i don't know unfortunately. The person i met went as far as Grier going to Alabama games to scout Tua as smokescreen for his affection for Herbert.

Grier loves Herbert.
He was at an Oregon game as well does that mean that’s a smokescreen as well?

Depends. If he's watching the player *I* want, it's serious interest. If he's the guy YOU want, it's a smokescreen
I think that about sums it up.

Ppl see what they want to see. While I believe it's best the Grier hold his cards close to the vest, the reality is, with the picks we have, if he really wants any QB after the top 2, they will likely be there for the taking.

Let's hope they are evaluating the top 5 QBs and leaving the smoke screens for a period closer to the draft.

Let's hope they are evaluating the top 5 QBs and leaving the smoke screens for a period closer to the draft.
I have to say, by all appearances, this staff does their due diligence. They turn over every rock. They are probably evaluating division II guys, as well. We just don't hear about it.

Two wins....Two meaningless wins when the season is practically over and Ross thinks hes found a coach.

And we wonder why the franchise has been a failure since he bought it.
It's been about more than the two wins, but whatever makes you happy I guess. To be competitive with this team and talent says more about the coach than the fans who cry about the winning (I hate it too, but love it. So what).

I'm not concerned with where we pick. I want our team culture to grow, and to draft the right people - team players. There will be plenty of talent at every position for us to thrive if we can accomplish the forementioned goals.

Agree with this to an extent but the Bears would say otherwise. Steelers would say otherwise. And the Rams are up **** creek now too because Goff is showing his true self after his oline drops off from the best in the league to average. All good organizations. All decent to good coaching staffs. All talented teams. QB is holding them back. Trubisky has a great OC and very good weapons. Great defense. He's just terrible.

You can probably put the bills in there too. They are gonna crumble down the stretch because of lackluster QB play.

Bears and Rams are gonna be in a world of hurt because they cant keep these high paid players while their QB is ****ting the bed.

Basically you can build up your team all you want and have great coaching, but if the QB doesnt have it, you are gonna have a limited ceiling and window.

And I dont like going with the 2nd or 3rd best QB because how many are really good from a draft? Most drafts one or none.

Nobody's saying it doesn't take a complete team...nobody's saying you don't need a QB...people are just differing on which to get first (both approaches work, I'm sure, but people have their preference).

And in reference to the bolded...often times, the #1 doesn't pan out...most drafts, those 2nd or 3rd best, or even lower, outperform the #1 guy. There's no simple equation, they have to go after who you think is "the" guy for the team. None of us know who that is...and our opinions on it won't change diddly. It'll be hilarious how many people vehemently argued for a certain guy, and he ends up being the suck...always is.

And ya...Trubisky...wow...

I agree! Do folks on here realize that of all the 1st and 2nd place teams in their divisions only Philly fields a QB who was selected in the top 5 (and they won an SB with the backup)? It takes more than just a highly drafted QB to build a winner and I still believe the people in charge is more important than the pick we get. I would love to have the pick of the litter, like many other here, but will not consider it the end all be all. Too much history that shows us it is not.

Drafting a QB is a total crap shoot. There have definitely been more bust drafted in the top 5 than SB winners. The great thing about that 1st pick is the trade value. We could have pulled a kings ransom with it and gotten more picks.

Two wins....Two meaningless wins when the season is practically over and Ross thinks hes found a coach.

And we wonder why the franchise has been a failure since he bought it.

If the evaluation of the coaching staff was based purely on the wins, then I would stipulate your point. The two wins are part of the evaluation. The keys to the evaluation are the dramatic improvement of players who are playing above the expected, the player continue to give max effort during a losing streak, the signs of improvement of the coaching staff and game management, and the ability shown by Coach Flo to weather the storm without losing his cool.

Nobody's saying it doesn't take a complete team...nobody's saying you don't need a QB...people are just differing on which to get first (both approaches work, I'm sure, but people have their preference).

And in reference to the bolded...often times, the #1 doesn't pan out...most drafts, those 2nd or 3rd best, or even lower, outperform the #1 guy. There's no simple equation, they have to go after who you think is "the" guy for the team. None of us know who that is...and our opinions on it won't change diddly. It'll be hilarious how many people vehemently argued for a certain guy, and he ends up being the suck...always is.

And ya...Trubisky...wow...

I'm specifically talking about the "build the team first" BS. We are gonna have a top three pick. You take the QB when you dont have a QB haha I have no clue how thats not common sense especially with this fanbase thats been without one for 20 years.

Build the team up so we are picking at pick 15 again next year or go ahead and get the most important position on the team this offseason?

Back
Top Bottom