The reason Dolphins management and ownership aren’t devastated by draft position falling | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The reason Dolphins management and ownership aren’t devastated by draft position falling

I was one of those "hoping" Rosen could be the guy, and it is still possible, I suppose.

I get the impression that, although he may be intelligent, he doesn't process things as quickly as one would hope.

I was just reading an article where he, himself, was saying that he's just now "learning how to study", and still is not adept enough at reading defenses to know the proper sequence to look for recievers. Even in practice, he doesn't get the ball out "on time".

Really??????
I think that may come with experience/time. I don't think he was well-coached in Arizona and if he wasn't relied upon at UCLA to run a complex pro-style offense like has been reported, I could understand his struggles. He's a smart guy, I think the cerebral part will come to him with proper coaching. This is kinda why I was a little surprised the Coach pulled him in favor of Fitz. The way quarterbacks are inserted today, "grooming" them no longer is an option. The majority of today's top QB's sat the bench for the first couple of years of their careers and that afforded them the opportunity to watch and learn. I still have hope he'll work out, I'm not closing the door on him just quite yet. I'm not advocating to not draft a QB I would like to see competition at the position.

Where do you "slot" him? I respect your opinion.

I don't hate Fromm. It's very possible he has a decent NFL career, I see him as the preverbial high floor, not so high ceiling type of player.

Its pretty hard to say honestly. Its why I am adamant about Tua. Its not a 100% sure thing he gonna be a HOFer but it takes a lot of the guess work out. He's by far the best QB in this draft IMO. You put the card in for him and rest easy you know you made the right choice. I really think the only thing that derails his career are injuries. I live with that. Anybody is one play away from a career ending injury. Im not worried about his ankles enough to not take the top talent.

On Fromm, think he get unfair criticism because of a "bad" year. His bad year is three interceptions in 9 games. All came in one game and two of them were from dropped passes. The one in overtime went straight through the WRs hands. So in the other 8 games, he has zero interceptions. His Offensive system is out of the 80s. Similar to what burrow system was last year. Very conservative which Georgia can be because they are more talented than almost every team they play. People forget what he did as a True Freshman. He should have won a National Championship against a VERY GOOD bama defense. Tua came in and did what Tua does and Kirby balls up in the fetal position. Same thing happened in the SEC championship game last year against a better bama team. Bama couldnt stop Georgia in the first half and Georgia then gets conservative. Rinse. Repeat.

I think he can be good. High floor. Maybe a lower ceiling than the rest. My one concern is that hes had a very good running game to lean on. Maybe if he didnt he gets to show what hes really got but again conservative playcalling this year. I think if its not Tua than this FO will value Fromm more. I dont get the Herbert vibe from Flores. Fromm is a great leader and smart. Should hear how Kirby talks about him. Its like hes talking about his own son. I think Flores will value that more. Is he better than Herbert or the rest of them after Tua? I am not sure but Im leaning that way.

For the people that think QB can wait and "we need to build the oline first" blah blah blah.......all you need to do was watch the game last night. Pitt has one of the better olines in the NFL with 3 and I repeat, 3 pro bowlers up front and yet their offense sucks because of the QB not playing well. I won't blame the QB for everything but in the NFL these days it all starts with that QB. Yes you need to build a team around that QB as he can not do it alone but you need skill players. You need your QB playing well and you need WR's that can make plays and yes, you need a good RB too.
I didn’t See a QB playing for Pitt last night

I want us to have a high draft pick, but if this team and staff played like crap the entire year, I feel like a lot of the players would have major doubts about this staff going forward.
Leading and teaching the team would be exceptionally hard to do if Flores couldn't rally the troops or prepare them properly in his first year. Why should they believe anything he's selling next offseason?
I don't think it'd even be a given that Flores would get the respect of Burrow or Tua. They might think he's a dead-man-walking right off the bat.

How pissed would you be if we had the number 3 or 4 pick and we traded it for more picks.
If we end up with#4 and both QB are gone along with a Young I could see us doing this.

OK< that's your definition of meaningless. I suppose, to be consistent, the Skins, Bengals and others are trying to avoid meaningless wins. And every team now realistically out of the playoff race should stop winning meaningless games. I don't have time to do the research . . . how many teams in the bottom five of every year have stopped trying to win meaningless games? A last a majority, right?

Sorry, "meaningless" IS in the ey of the beholder. Again, as you say, "answer this honestly," do you think the players see each win as meaningless? If you correctly answer 'no,' then the eye of the beholder counts. Does every FH member think each win is meaningless? If you correctly answer 'no,' then the eye of the beholder counts. You may have a legitimate reason to use "meaningless," buy denying "eye of the beholder" isn't it

Alot of these players won't even be here within the next 3-5 years so I don't give a damn what they think. I want whats best for this franchise. If they ( and the FH members) want to complicate this situation by putting meaning to **** that doesn't deserve it, more power to them. Its stupid at this point to even debate this.

How pissed would you be if we had the number 3 or 4 pick and we traded it for more picks.
If we end up with#4 and both QB are gone along with a Young I could see us doing this.
Interesting hypothetical, but impossible to evaluate without knowing the details of the trade back.

I mean are we moving back 2 spots for a late 1st early second?

Are we moving back 10 spots for a 4th?

I realize those are the extremes, but the actual details would be important, I would think.

Interesting hypothetical, but impossible to evaluate without knowing the details of the trade back.

I mean are we moving back 2 spots for a late 1st early second?

Are we moving back 10 spots for a 4th?

I realize those are the extremes, but the actual details would be important, I would think.
I'm thinking a team will try and trade up who are in the early teens for that LT and be willing to give us a second and fourth.

Alot of these players won't even be here within the next 3-5 years so I don't give a damn what they think. I want whats best for this franchise. If they ( and the FH members) want to complicate this situation by putting meaning to **** that doesn't deserve it, more power to them. Its stupid at this point to even debate this.

More like a lot of these players wont be here in 6 or 7 months. Lord willing. I think at least 50% of this roster gets turnover ed this year.

I just hope 7 years from now we aren’t regretting taking our QB w/ the 8th pick.

we got all these assets for a reason. Trade up to get him if you have a must get QB.
There is no guarantee none of these qb will ban out in 2020 draft. We need fix that oline and give new qb all tool to succeed. Mohomes went to k.c. they got qb expert running the show. Watson went to Texans playoff team. they need a qb only.

If Fromm is their guy, they would take him with their first pick. Whether that is at 1 or 4.

They arent gonna gamble that he will be on the board with the second or third pick.
Charger, Tampa and bears need qb to push thier starter.

Back
Top Bottom