The reason Dolphins management and ownership aren’t devastated by draft position falling | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The reason Dolphins management and ownership aren’t devastated by draft position falling

I'm thinking a team will try and trade up who are in the early teens for that LT and be willing to give us a second and fourth.
My initial inclination is to pass on that. I would at least want the early teens first back. We need a lot of quality starters, and 4th rounders are usually "project" types, with flaws, unless a particular position is very deep.

The one exception to that is the RB position. You can find servicable backs in later rounds.

Hopefully FInley and Haskins step up for their respective teams and prove me wrong.. Win some games for their teams because talent wise i don't think the Bengals or Redskins really have a roster that is only capable of 1 win

You can debate how many of those good quarterbacks are good enough to win a big game in January, but you can't debate that the NFL is chock-full of entertaining signal-callers in an era bent on glorifying them.

just trying to help :dead: … a bunch of armchair GM's … and most are right … yet still seem to disagree lol

I guess this topic will be regurgitated at length until April … then … :munch:

Management team should be delighted. The coaches they've just hired are winning games with the worst roster in the NFL and (if Bengals go for Burrow) we're still the most likely team to get Tua. If that's what the plan even is. Plus having a ridiculous amount of cap space, 9 1st and 2nd round picks over next two drafts (plus the rest), every player looking better than last season, being called the worst team ever and then going on a WINNING STREAK, Adam Gase not being here, Jerome Baker finding his momma...etc... Loads to be happy about.

Management team should be delighted. The coaches they've just hired are winning games with the worst roster in the NFL and (if Bengals go for Burrow) we're still the most likely team to get Tua. If that's what the plan even is. Plus having a ridiculous amount of cap space, 9 1st and 2nd round picks over next two drafts (plus the rest), every player looking better than last season, being called the worst team ever and then going on a WINNING STREAK, Adam Gase not being here, Jerome Baker finding his momma...etc... Loads to be happy about.
What leads you to beleive we will be in a position to get Tua? Are you in favor of trading up?

I'm not. The price would likely be too much.

We are currently slotted 4th pick, and the way we are improving, in combination with how bad some of our remaining opponents are, I could see us dropping to 6th.

The Giants (at #3) probably arent taking a QB, but they can certainly hold teams hostage in a trade down, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Skins went QB.

Who the hell know what that Jets clown show is going to do, but they will likely pick ahead of us, and no way, no how do they allow us to get a top QB, if they have any choice in the matter.

More than that. .

The Chargers need a face... a story to sell to Los Angeles. They have the ability to become THE Hollywood team if they market themselves appropriately.

There is HUGE money in it for them if they do it the L.A. way...

(Full disclosure, I'm a Cali native and know the psychology)

If he is such a great coach, why can’t he get Rosen playing good?
Same reason the team was god awful the first several games of the season.

He had to tear down virtually every aspect of the crap hand he was dealt, and start from, what amounted to, worse than an expansion team.

The coaching Rosen had, both in AZ and in college, was apparently horrible. IDK if he will ever live up to his draft position, but I don't think it's fair to blame Flores. There are only so many hours in a day, and he really does have the team, as a whole, to worry about.

It's not like he started with a functional team, where getting JR up to speed could be his sole focus.

I love the ammunition to go get the qb part.

they gonna trade all of it if need be. lol

this teams gonna end up with pick 2 come hell or high water at least.
That's what worries me. We have accumulated a ton of capital, and now we are going to go all in on one player, when if we had managed to lose another game or two, we could have had that player, and the capital. I am generally against tanking, but it feels like we got to experience the tank, and now aren't even going to get the promised payoff.

I think you're mistaking him for Jesus Christ, he can't perform miracles.

View attachment 32882
Well, given what he had to work with, winning football games comes pretty close to a miracle, and getting the O line to play cohesive pass pro might qualify, as well.

To be clear I absolutely want QB to be the top priority. My point is that we aren’t all done if we don’t get the first overall pick. As far as building the OLINE first goes, Indy is the perfect example of why you don’t do that. Best offensive line at football couldn’t beat us with a ham and egger at QB.

Back
Top Bottom