The reason Dolphins management and ownership aren’t devastated by draft position falling | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The reason Dolphins management and ownership aren’t devastated by draft position falling

Kind of makes you question his grip on reality, if not his intelligence.

Confidence is fine, but with nothing to back it up, it's just foolishness.
Yeah, at 2-7 it sounds kinda foolish to say stuff like that. I can see it if they are 5-7 or 6-7 and on a 3- or 4-game win streak but not at 2-7 having lost to the "worst team ever in the NFL" and barely sneaked by the 2nd or 3rd worst team in the NFL. :lol:

Those dam ghosts.....

If Fromm is their guy, they would take him with their first pick. Whether that is at 1 or 4.

They arent gonna gamble that he will be on the board with the second or third pick.

Grier gets fired if Fromm is their first pick. The guy is a day 2 pick at best. He is a **** QB. We would be better off trading the wasted pick to Tennessee for Tannehill.

Grier gets fired if Fromm is their first pick. The guy is a day 2 pick at best. He is a **** QB. We would be better off trading the wasted pick to Tennessee for Tannehill.

I doubt it. He would more likely be fired if he tries to get a QB with the second pick and misses out on the guy they want.

I dont care which QB they pick, as long as they use their first pick on him. Dont waste picks on a bargain basement QB.

Maybe they can, or maybe he has an incorrectable flaw. He seems to have an issue processing information as quickly as is required, when it comes to reads, timing, and progressions. Maybe the "light" comes on, maybe it doesn't. Maybe he comes out and lights up the league next year, but I'm not counting on it. I have no doubt, that in the right situation, he can be sevicable, but some flaws are simply not correctable, without years of repitition in a given system. Take RTs pocket awareness issues. Doomed him to a ceiling of mediocrity.

That's why i don't discount the fans that say keep taking QBs until you hit. I hate to use picks, willy nilly on project QBs, but the arguement has merit. When you find that guy, and you put him in a good situation, its pay dirt.
I think we should just trade all three picks in the first round for more second day picks that would solve all our problems we could just own the second and third round outright and pick our entire Offense and Defense on the second day

Like I said, the Giants likely won't take a QB, but if someone offers up a couple first rounders +, they will jump on it.

I just don't see Tua dropping to say #5.

Maybe I'm not being impartial though. While I don't "hate" Tua, I'm not as high on him as many are.
Still not sold on which QB yet but as you say if we traded up using 2 1st Rounders it would be loosely like trading Tunsil for a franchise QB.

Unfortunately, the precedent has been set. I don't know how they don't let someone do it if they really wanted...
How long do teams keep the players rights after they draft them?
Depends on how pissed off and stubborn a team wants to be in keeping a player out in the cold and potentially stuffing up his career.

Back
Top Bottom