The Ricky story buried beneath all the salary "demand" crap | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Ricky story buried beneath all the salary "demand" crap

Boik14 said:
couldnt agree more. The paper is making a story out of nothing and overexaggerating what was said. end of discussion. :lol:

LOL, hell if we ever get a QB we can agree on, we arent going to have any reason to fight.

Boik14 said:
couldnt agree more. The paper is making a story out of nothing and overexaggerating what was said. end of discussion. :lol:

You're a real deep thinker there, Boik. If you had an original or intelligent thought in your head you might see that Cracky Williams' return isn't going to be as easy or seamless as all the bandwagon teeny bopper fans want it to be.

Miami doesn't know what they're getting back or when Flaky will be eligible to play so I wouldn't count on anything being easy or predictable with Ganja Boy's return.

In the meantime please continue to slam one of the guys who actually had the guts and integrity to play through and around the horrible O-line and coaching last year- AJ Feeley.

Steve S said:
You're a real deep thinker there, Boik. If you had an original or intelligent thought in your head you might see that Cracky Williams' return isn't going to be as easy or seamless as all the bandwagon teeny bopper fans want it to be.

Miami doesn't know what they're getting back or when Flaky will be eligible to play so I wouldn't count on anything being easy or predictable with Ganja Boy's return.

In the meantime please continue to slam one of the guys who actually had the guts and integrity to play through and around the horrible O-line and coaching last year- AJ Feeley.

Haha, again with the teeny bopper! I do agree with what you said about AJ Feeley though. Our quaterbacks the last couple years might not have been very talented and the jury is still out on Feeley, but they sure do have heart. There is no quit in Fiedler or Feeley.

kingnate85 said:
Haha, again with the teeny bopper! I do agree with what you said about AJ Feeley though. Our quaterbacks the last couple years might not have been very talented and the jury is still out on Feeley, but they sure do have heart. There is no quit in Fiedler or Feeley.

Fiedler had chances to win big games with a stable O-line and a good coordinator, not to mention a sometimes great RB. He didn't have the talent.

Feeley has the talent. He needs a chance behind a talented and stable offensive and a great back like Ronnie Brown who actually has heart, wants to play and win and will pick up a blitz once in awhile.

Steve S said:

Okay so then you are saying that the paper isnt making a big deal out of one line in the interview with Ricky's agent? I mean it isnt like he came out and said Ricky is going to hold out until he gets his money. Just that he thinks Ricky should get more than the minimum.

As far as the next two paragraphs in your post ... really has nothing to do with this thread. LOL, like I should ever talk about going off topic, Im probably one of the worst out here :roflmao:

DrAstroZoom said:
If the Herald hadn't rattled Steinberg's cage over the built-in salary questions in Ricky's contract, this would have been Jason Cole's lede:

Why is no one talking about this? Why is no one commenting on what it says about Ricky's commitment to coming back? Why is no one giving him a nod for not wanting to disrupt training camp by coming back after it has already started?

Because you're doing exactly what the Herald wants you to do: grouse about Ricky's salary demands -- demands which aren't demands at all, but a one-line response from an agent that really didn't want to discuss the money issue. The Herald wants you to talk about money because it's sexier water cooler talk.

Buck the system. Comment on what you think about this "buried lede."

Its hard to discern Ricky's true intention at this point but I do agree that the Herald was trying to make a controversey were none existed. In fact according to the Sentinel the two sides haven't even talked money so I'm not sure who the salary is becoming an issue for.

The Dolphins and Steinberg declined comment about Williams' possible salary. The two sides are believed to have not yet spoken about the situation.

enigmatics said:
Why then are you taking Ricky's salary demands so lightly?

Because he hasn't made any salary demands yet.

The Dolphins and Steinberg declined comment about Williams' possible salary. The two sides are believed to have not yet spoken about the situation.

cnc66 said:
good post bluebellyhillbilly :D
I am under the impression that Ricky has to fulfill his entire contract (2 years?) in order to keep the 8.5 mill. is this true?

But if he is cut by the team (as opposed to quitting) I would think that by this act, he would be released of his obligation to repay the team ANY money as any contracts they had would then be null and void by the Phins. Or maybe I am just misunderstanding how business is done when teams release players in this league. Can someone clear this up?

DrAstroZoom said:
If the Herald hadn't rattled Steinberg's cage over the built-in salary questions in Ricky's contract, this would have been Jason Cole's lede:

Why is no one talking about this? Why is no one commenting on what it says about Ricky's commitment to coming back? Why is no one giving him a nod for not wanting to disrupt training camp by coming back after it has already started?

Because you're doing exactly what the Herald wants you to do: grouse about Ricky's salary demands -- demands which aren't demands at all, but a one-line response from an agent that really didn't want to discuss the money issue. The Herald wants you to talk about money because it's sexier water cooler talk.

Buck the system. Comment on what you think about this "buried lede."
Great post by Doc! :up:

I hate to make this analogy, but maybe a good comparison to this would be the media with our troops in Iraq. You hear all of the bad, with the car bombings, the killings, etc. But you don't hear any good things going on there how we helped them establish a government, how our troops are doing great at helping the Iraqi people and making things safer, etc. I know someone personally who was sent to Iraq and returned and said how the news and media only tells you about 25% of what really goes on down there, and they just focus on the bad because that's what makes the news interesting and cause controversery and gets the audience's attention. I really don't want to make this about war and politics, but I just find that to be a great comparison. Anyway, back on topic. I think it's very impressive how Ricky's entered the NFL substance abuse programs and that once he returns here... he will submit to regular drug tests earlier than already required. That really shows me something about Ricky, and I find it comical it hasn't been talked about hardly at all until now. Yes, the main thing that's being talked about right now is the concern with Ricky's contract and salary (which I hope and predict will eventually be resolved.)

I also think it's a good thing that he's going to be randomly tested because I feel that, that'll keep him more concerned about staying clean not being aware of when he'll get tested as opposed to weekly/monthly set dates. If Ricky ends up doing this early testing and is able to return at the beginning of training camp, that should make a lot of heads turn. I'm not saying... wow Ricky what a great guy lets forgive him. Not by a longshot. I just think if Ricky wants to start heading in the right direction, that would be the right step to take. I hope it happens. Great post Doc, thanks for posting. Oh and the
The Herald wants you to talk about money because it's sexier water cooler talk.
got a :chuckle: out of me. :wink:

Those who believe RW is only coming back to avoid paying back that 8+ million, consider this. Why did he not file bankruptsy? He does this and that debt is legally forgiven. Ethically, no and it would make it much more difficult; maybe impossible to ever play in the NFL again. But the point is that he wouldn't owe that money anymore.
It's just my opinion, but I believe there's more to it than money only. Right now we can only speculate, though.

Lungoystr said:
But if he is cut by the team (as opposed to quitting) I would think that by this act, he would be released of his obligation to repay the team ANY money as any contracts they had would then be null and void by the Phins. Or maybe I am just misunderstanding how business is done when teams release players in this league. Can someone clear this up?

Dont think so.
The breach of contract still occurred. It doesnt really matter what Ricky does afterward....whether he returns and gains 2500yds/season or is so ineffective he gets cut. He still owes the money if the Dolphins choose to pursue it.

Omaha_Dolfan said:
LOL, hell if we ever get a QB we can agree on, we arent going to have any reason to fight.
its not fighting; we're just discussing our thoughts here.

Megatron said:
You don't know that.

I'm basing that on this statement by the Sun-Sentinel:

I also know Ricky's made no comments on it.

DrAstroZoom said:
I'm basing that on this statement by the Sun-Sentinel:

I also know Ricky's made no comments on it.
Not in the press anyways. Also the writer thinks there has been no discussions. Sounds like his opinion with nothing to back it up.

Back
Top Bottom