The Rosen effect.......... | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Rosen effect..........

Fair enough. You have your feelings about Tannehill, I'm not going to change them.

But Miami failed him. Not the other way around. If he wins a Super bowl in Tennessee it just shows for 7 yrs Miami made bad choices, had failed drafts and didnt put him in a place to succeed.

It wasnt a QB they needed just a better plan. A direction. Coaches .

I think that's finally changed and hopefully we have turned a corner with coach Flores.

It's never " set". Look how They kept changing up the offense last season. But if they were going to move Rosen before the draft would have been the best time.

No **** its never set. Read the entire thread before jumping in.

We did the Tannehill Shuffle down here for 7 years. When the music stopped we had zero play off wins. He was close to a bust for Miami in that we went nowhere with him. Tennessee is stacked with a powerful D and a hammering running attack. Tannehill can do a lot of good on a team like that but it will always come down to the QB in crunch time and Tannehill will fold like an accordion. Elite? He could have been but he's never been elite imo. He's an above average QB who will choke and cost you at the worst possible moment. I'm thrilled he's off our team.

This ship has sailed in Miami. They wouldn’t have drafted tua otherwise in terms of plan a future

We did the Tannehill Shuffle down here for 7 years. When the music stopped we had zero play off wins. He was close to a bust for Miami in that we went nowhere with him. Tennessee is stacked with a powerful D and a hammering running attack. Tannehill can do a lot of good on a team like that but it will always come down to the QB in crunch time and Tannehill will fold like an accordion. Elite? He could have been but he's never been elite imo. He's an above average QB who will choke and cost you at the worst possible moment. I'm thrilled he's off our team.
I don't think the choking label is justified, when he was healthy he led the Dolphins to several memorable comeback wins.... It's more about benefiting more from play action, and also needing a clean pocket. More dangerous than Trent Dilfer, but he's not a top 10 qb.

Tua has a chance to be in that upper echelon of true franchise qbs, to where with an even a decent line and decent weapons you are dangerous year in and year out. Your margin for error as a GM is much bigger. For my money, I happily take Tua over Tannehill, particularly knowing how inconsistently the FO has performed.

Last edited:
Reactions: BSQ
I don't think the choking label is justified,

It's more he can't put the team on his back and win ... doesn't necessarily choke but last season in the playoffs when the run game was taken away he dropped like a punch from Tyson IMO ... he threw for 209 and 2 TD's but Henry, who had rushed for around 200 yds in back to back playoff games, was held to 60ish yds Thill could not take over the game even though the Titans had the lead early .... I know it was the Chiefs and Mahomes but his team had just dismantled the Brady (GOAT) led Patriots AND the Jackson (NFL MVP runner-up? and escape artist extraordinaire) led Ravens AND his team was ahead 17-7 just before the half .... HUGE game ... couldn't get it done

One example I know .... but he cannot win without a bunch of help IMO ...

you make it sound so easy. "dime a dozen" yet we count find one in 20 yrs. Elevate a Team? Rookie season Tannehill threw for 431 yards, surpassing the Dolphins' single-game record for most passing yards by a rookie quarterback, set by Dan Marino in 1983. Tannehill's mark was one yard shy of the NFL's single-game passing-yard record by a rookie quarterback, set by Panthers quarterback Cam Newton in 2011. In Week 16, Tannehill set a franchise record for longest run by a quarterback by rushing 31 yards in a single play. During that game against the Buffalo Bills, Tannehill also became the fifth quarterback in team history to surpass 3,000 passing yards in a season.
Tannehill went on to set franchise rookie records for passing yards, attempts, and completions. consistently had 4000 yd seasons despite have no Oline , no running game no defense. He went through 4 Offensive Coordinators , bully gate , and a revolving door of receivers. Elevate a team? Thats exactly what he did when he got the chance with the Titans. Mariota was selected with the second overall pick in the first round by the Tennessee Titans in the 2015 NFL Draft . Nobody thought Tanny would do anything but warm his seat on the bench and hold his clip board. He KILLED it. Tannehill also led the league and set franchise-records with a 117.5 quarterback rating and 9.6 yards per attempt after making it to the AFC Championship game that his defense lost. Tannehill signed a four-year extension with the Titans worth $118 million featuring $62 million guaranteed .............Sorry. You have to give credit where its due. HE ELEVATED IT. Not even Marino could will a subpar team to win it all.

Wow, a Dolphins fan who gets football. Holy f***!

To answer your OP I doubt Rosen ever wins the job over Tua because we are so invested and Tua is a great talent, but most Dolphins fans think Rosen is trash and completely ignore his upside. I wouldn’t give up on him just yet like so many of y’all did with Parker but now love him again. At the end of the day I see Rosen as a high end back up NFL QB which has great value, ask Philly.

Last edited:
I don’t over estimate jack ****.
IMO, and that’s all any of us can have, is an opinion. He is average to slightly above avg. I like THill but he has never and will never “WILL” a team to consistent victories by here sheer presence and talent. Especially in big time games. He didn’t do it last yr. They won for a Myriad if different reasons than him. Those guys are a dime a dozen in the NFL. I want someone who can elevate a team. Not just another player. And those regular NFL QB’s are not worthy of top tier money. Period!
Uh, He won a playoff game last year with his big plays?

I watched Matt Moore elevate a team when taking over for Tannehill over the course of his career here.

It's fine. If you want to believe Tannehill is elite, go for it. Conklin is gone, Henry is going to have a rougher time running, and more responsibility will be put on Tannehill's plate this year. We'll see how he responds to it.

PS: Ryan Fitzpatrick had a higher QBR surrounded by garbage last season than Tannehill who had a stacked team.
Your dreaming if you think Matt Moore 'elevated' anything except getting his receivers killed by his inaccurate throws.

Like most QBs Ryan benefits from a complementary game around him
including a consistent run game, good pass pro, good O system synergy
etc. I always said he was good enough to win with -- but the wheels just
came off in Miami and it was definitely time to MOVE ON and in the process
create an entirely NEW team ID.

There's a lot to like about Thill's game -- good mobility, athletic, brave,
functional accuracy and so forth. But he's NOT the kid who is going to
carry a team and win you games consistently based on his capability.
He's a good team aspect and had a really good situation to work in
last season. If they can keep that crew together he should be even better
now that he's got a full year in their system.

Why are we STILL talking about Tannehill? I know we're in a Pandemic and there's nothing to talk about but Tannehill?? Man, move on from that guy already. I root for him as a Titan and hope he does well but it's all been said down here about RT. We know exactly what he is and isn't.

Back
Top Bottom