The Rosen effect.......... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Rosen effect..........

Those stats.........his Rookie records were set in 2012.......almost a decade ago. Stop short changing the guy and tryi g to make him fit some narrative. Tannehill is hardly ordinary. he is an elite QB. And possibly soon a champion.
Wut...

Tannehill is a team player. Hes a phenomenal athlete. He shows up and Just needed a Team willing to place him in an opportunity to succeed. He had several 60 yd plays last season. Teams respected his long ball and that helped Henry and his run game.

I believe Tannehill gets at least 1 Superbowl bowl win.

Guess we will see who's right. :cheers:

I disagree. He didnt get blown out. 11 points in the second half let up by the Titans defense lost the game. Tannehill played well enough to win.

Marino had the same problem. he would score 30 -40 points only to get let down by his defense, yr after yr.

Be interesting to see if the Titans can do it again.
Did Tannehill score 30-40 points? Or did he score 17 points and barely broke 200 yards passing until a TD pass with 4 minutes left in the game while he was already down 18?

Did Tannehill score 30-40 points? Or did he score 17 points and barely broke 200 yards passing until a TD pass with 4 minutes left in the game while he was already down 18?
He beat the Chiefs in reg. Season. They game planned and stopped Henry and him. Its football. Happened to Marino Every playoff appearance. Doesnt make him any less of a QB.

Chiefs had a better TEAM.

Sorry but best QB rating in the NFL, comeback player of the yr, Probowl makes him elite and he has the contract .....2nd in his career........to prove it.
You can throw out all of the buzzwords you want (Mitch Trubisky made a Pro Bowl too btw), but you have a fundamental misunderstanding on how QB rating is an efficiency statistic. An efficiency statistic while being carried by the most unstoppable rushing attack in the history of the league the 2nd half of the season mind you.

Given that you think Tannehill is elite and that you created this thread as some eternal sunshine optimism being thrown in Rosen's direction too, are you just a cheerleader or is it about a perpetual need to root for the underdog?

He beat the Chiefs in reg. Season. They game planned and stopped Henry and him. Its football. Happened to Marino Every playoff appearance. Doesnt make him any less of a QB.

Chiefs had a better TEAM.
He beat the Chiefs? Or was it because Henry had more rushing yards than Tannehill had passing yards and the defense had a fumble return for a TD?

He had a great game winning play at the end to take the lead in that game, but you seem to have a very myopic view when it comes to deciphering who is responsible for what.

He beat the Chiefs? Or was it because Henry had more rushing yards than Tannehill had passing yards and the defense had a fumble return for a TD?

He had a great game winning play at the end to take the lead in that game, but you seem to have a very myopic view when it comes to deciphering who is responsible for what.

Hey.....its obvious you want any game/scenario to fit your narrative. 3-4 Seasons with Mirota Henry didnt pull out any great seasons. Henry had his best season with Tanny because Teams are respecting his arm and Henry took advantage .

Hey.....its obvious you want any game/scenario to fit your narrative. 3-4 Seasons with Mirota Henry didnt pull out any great seasons. Henry had his best season with Tanny because Teams are respecting his arm and Henry took advantage .
I have 7 previous years of evidence backing my "narrative". You're using one season and ignoring the other 7. Might want to take a second look at who's trying to fit a narrative here.

I have 7 previous years of evidence backing my "narrative". You're using one season and ignoring the other 7. Might want to take a second look at who's trying to fit a narrative here.

The Dolphins failed to give him any tools to succeed. The past 7 seasons are evidence showing Tannehill elevated a good team once given the chance .

I bet Marino looks back and wishes he was given that same opportunity.

The Dolphins failed to give him any tools to succeed. The past 7 seasons are evidence showing Tannehill elevated a good team once given the chance .

I bet Marino looks back and wishes he was given that same opportunity.
I watched Matt Moore elevate a team when taking over for Tannehill over the course of his career here.

It's fine. If you want to believe Tannehill is elite, go for it. Conklin is gone, Henry is going to have a rougher time running, and more responsibility will be put on Tannehill's plate this year. We'll see how he responds to it.

PS: Ryan Fitzpatrick had a higher QBR surrounded by garbage last season than Tannehill who had a stacked team.

Tannehill is not an ELITE QB, HOWEVER, he is a perfectly viable QB for a team.

Is he Mahomes, of course, not...but for every Superbowl won by an ELITE QB, one can make an argument on wins for Dilfer types (which Tannehill is better than).

He was not the problem in Miami no matter how many Miko sympathizers claim otherwise.

Tannehill is not an ELITE QB, HOWEVER, he is a perfectly viable QB for a team.

Is he Mahomes, of course, not...but for every Superbowl won by an ELITE QB, one can make an argument on wins for Dilfer types (which Tannehill is better than).

He was not the problem in Miami no matter how many Miko sympathizers claim otherwise.
He was absolutely a problem here, but way down the list in terms of priorities. He's "good" at best, but that is still far more serviceable than a lot of other position groups on the team were.

Could we win with him? Absolutely if the rest of the team is strong enough as has been proven this season with the Titans, but your team needs to be better than the 49ers were this past season for him to win a Super Bowl. That's tough and certainly not sustainable outside of an individual season.

IMO football is about chemistry. You cant just take a player , a great player and plug him in and expect greatness. Only player I ever saw that kept winning everytime he changed teams was Dion Sanders. That guy was either lucky as heck or amazing.

I dont believe Tom Brady is going to be successful in Tampa. Tannehill is no doubt an elite Player. But if he signed back here instead of Tennessee he wouldn't have the same success again.

This is his time. He needs to make it happen now.

Peyton Manning was another player that made lightening strike twice in Indy and Denver.

Elway didnt have it anymore. Terrell Davis brought him 2 rings.

Jim Kelly... lost 4 in a row!! He just didnt have the team. The chemistry.

I believe Tannehill and the Titans are just a player or two on defense away from a championship.

I think the Dolphins are finally thinking this way . Superstar signings like SUH wont get it done . They are building a winning defense piece by piece.

I'm excited about our future.

Those stats.........his Rookie records were set in 2012.......almost a decade ago. Stop short changing the guy and tryi g to make him fit some narrative. Tannehill is hardly ordinary. he is an elite QB. And possibly soon a champion.
I’m not changing anything about THill. Just used your STATS analysis to show the other point of view. Stats aside, He is and has always been an above avg to good QB. That is his ceiling. He has never been ELITE in any category. He will never be ELITE, even if he wins a championship. I like THill, always have. But as a fan, I see his obvious limitations. I wish him the best of luck, as long as it doesn’t interfere with my fins.

Back
Top Bottom