The Rosen effect.......... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Rosen effect..........

OK? Whats your point? Your Kinda making my point for me. Are you saying Tua is better then Tannehill? I hope he will be. BUT Tannehill already proved his worth when he was traded as a back up and he beat out Miriota for the starting Job. Miriota with Derrick Henry couldn't win ****. He killed it last season. Nobody saw that coming. I see your trying hard to crap on Tannehill and thats fine. My point has nothing to do with Tannehill other then when certain players get with others , when there is a chemistry do you mess with it? I mean Arron Rodgers was a first rounder.......he sat for 6 yrs before getting a shot. You and so many people are ASSuming TUA is going to come in here and light it up. Its a given. Done deal. Superbowl 2022. I'm saying I'm all for it........but TUA has to earn it. Thats all.

Rodgers started his 4th year, sitting 3 not 6 years.

My point with Pennington is a run game and middle of the pack defense can prop up a middling QB. Giving that QB great numbers, but never able to replicate consistently.

Mariota and the Titans couldn't or never won **** you say. The Titans in 2017, while establishing their identity with the likes of Murray, a young Henry and up and coming Conklin and Lewan....went 9-7, beat KC in the 1st round of the playoffs, losing to the Patriots in the Divisional game.

Something no one has mentioned anywhere. I wasn't for drafting TUA but now that hes a Dolphin I'm 100% behind him, even got a #1 Jersey on the way for my boys. I find it amusing here and everywhere that people everywhere are just convinced that TUA is going to be the starter and will be in the RING OF HONOR in the stadium and eventually the HOF. Guy hasnt even attended a team meeting yet let alone a practice. What if........WHAT IF.......Rosen does a Tannehill this year behind a competent Oline and running game? Is there any scenario where we keep Rosen over TUA or is the Hype factor and the whole personna surrounding the kid too great? Does PR win over whats best for the team? Competition is good.......but is really any? Think Rosen is just playing to up his trade stock to a different Team?

My Point.....if Rosen plays amazing , shows promise do we still Take TUA with his injury history? Guess the answer is yes because the front office thought enough of him to take him at #5. And Rosen has to actually prove himself more then TUA does at this point. Just a thought...................
did you see anything out of Rosen last season that makes you think he'll take that leap? I didn't.

did you see anything out of Rosen last season that makes you think he'll take that leap? I didn't.
True. But dang.......we had a stripped out gutted seriously bad team. Tannehill had flashes of greatness all those rookie records, a few 400 yd games , 4000 yd seasons, a 7 game winning streak . Rosen hasn't done squat. But he's healthy and tough , I'll give him that. He's taken a beating and keeps on ticking. He puts in the effort , and is a team player. I just hope TUA can stay healthy .

You overestimate NFL talent. Tannehill is an average QB. He can play well on a good team and, obviously, get a good team to the playoffs. Average QBs are EXTREMELY hard to find, thus average QBs make incredible money. There seem to be 26-29 NFL quality starters in the league at any one time and 2-4 who are starting to see if they can develop. That's almost a quarter of the league. I'm not praising Tannehill, but admit he's in that hard-to-find group
I don’t over estimate jack ****.
IMO, and that’s all any of us can have, is an opinion. He is average to slightly above avg. I like THill but he has never and will never “WILL” a team to consistent victories by here sheer presence and talent. Especially in big time games. He didn’t do it last yr. They won for a Myriad if different reasons than him. Those guys are a dime a dozen in the NFL. I want someone who can elevate a team. Not just another player. And those regular NFL QB’s are not worthy of top tier money. Period!

Rosen is a cheap backup as and if he plays well then 2 seasons from now his trade value will be up there. Tua has proven injury prone so keeping Rosen is smart.

Wasting your time dreaming about what if Rosen ended up being a great QB is pretty similar to being scared shitless of going outside when it rains because you might get struck by lightning... Nothing healthy about either...

There were too many quotes last year from Flores that showed he had zero confidence in Rosen as a quarterback or leader. And justifiably so.

IMO, and that’s all any of us can have, is an opinion. He is average to slightly above avg. I like THill but he has never and will never “WILL” a team to consistent victories by here sheer presence and talent. Especially in big time games. He didn’t do it last yr. They won for a Myriad if different reasons than him. Those guys are a dime a dozen in the NFL. I want someone who can elevate a team. Not just another player. And those regular NFL QB’s are not worthy of top tier money. Period!

Don't disagree at all. Tannehill is an average QB. Plays well on a good team. Average QBs are worth their money because teams pay average QBs big money every year.
But, this is a Rosen thread. No one has seen him play for a good team. Just my opinion, but I think he can play to average minimum when Miami becomes a good team. They will

you make it sound so easy. "dime a dozen" yet we count find one in 20 yrs. Elevate a Team? Rookie season Tannehill threw for 431 yards, surpassing the Dolphins' single-game record for most passing yards by a rookie quarterback, set by Dan Marino in 1983. Tannehill's mark was one yard shy of the NFL's single-game passing-yard record by a rookie quarterback, set by Panthers quarterback Cam Newton in 2011. In Week 16, Tannehill set a franchise record for longest run by a quarterback by rushing 31 yards in a single play. During that game against the Buffalo Bills, Tannehill also became the fifth quarterback in team history to surpass 3,000 passing yards in a season.
Tannehill went on to set franchise rookie records for passing yards, attempts, and completions. consistently had 4000 yd seasons despite have no Oline , no running game no defense. He went through 4 Offensive Coordinators , bully gate , and a revolving door of receivers. Elevate a team? Thats exactly what he did when he got the chance with the Titans. Mariota was selected with the second overall pick in the first round by the Tennessee Titans in the 2015 NFL Draft . Nobody thought Tanny would do anything but warm his seat on the bench and hold his clip board. He KILLED it. Tannehill also led the league and set franchise-records with a 117.5 quarterback rating and 9.6 yards per attempt after making it to the AFC Championship game that his defense lost. Tannehill signed a four-year extension with the Titans worth $118 million featuring $62 million guaranteed .............Sorry. You have to give credit where its due. HE ELEVATED IT. Not even Marino could will a subpar team to win it all.

Don't disagree at all. Tannehill is an average QB. Plays well on a good team. Average QBs are worth their money because teams pay average QBs big money every year.
But, this is a Rosen thread. No one has seen him play for a good team. Just my opinion, but I think he can play to average minimum when Miami becomes a good team. They will

Wow... I see certain attributes from Rosen -- including his incredibly NATURAL live arm, quick release
beautiful spiral and when the opportunity is there -- excellent accuracy and can't believe how some
around here believe they're like remote viewing "Amazing Kreskin" zen-level psychiatrists who can
definitively diagnose the kid ain't got what "it" takes mentally -- especially fortitude and dedication!

If you go back and actually WATCH the best of what he was able to achieve last year under horrific
conditions -- you can't possibly say the kid is dead in the water at 23!

Total! Absolute! Nonsense!

BNF

Hey they said the same about Tannehill. He got a competant Oline , running game and coach and boom......hes in the Pro bowl.
Ok, but you also saw that when Tennessee needed Tannehill to step up and match game with Mahommes...it wasnt close.
Garrapalo coukdnt hang with Mahommes, either.
When ya wanna be 'second-best', Tannehill is your man.

Wow... I see certain attributes from Rosen -- including his incredibly NATURAL live arm, quick release
beautiful spiral and when the opportunity is there -- excellent accuracy and can't believe how some
around here believe they're like remote viewing "Amazing Kreskin" zen-level psychiatrists who can
definitively diagnose the kid ain't got what "it" takes mentally -- especially fortitude and dedication!

If you go back and actually WATCH the best of what he was able to achieve last year under horrific
conditions -- you can't possibly say the kid is dead in the water at 23!

Total! Absolute! Nonsense!

BNF
you're talking to the same guys that want Tua wrapped in bubble wrap and put behind an all pro line before he see's his first snap.

You guys that can't wait to write off Rosen are being short sighted imo. He does many things at an elite level and just needs seasoning and a fair chance roster wise. Meanwhile, he's a cheap back up so why cut him or take a 7th rounder. That's idiotic with a #10 pick in the draft just 2 seasons back. If he has no more than we've seen, which isn't much, there will be time to get rid of him. If he plays well that great for Miami even if it only raises his trade value. But, Fitz could revert to poor play, Tua may not be ready and Rosen may have a chance to show some ability. He's just a chip we can trade or keep but we don't have to decide now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom