The Rosen effect.......... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Rosen effect..........

Obviously cutting Rosen makes no sense right now, but neither does holding on to him if he proves early that we can upgrade with a different young QB. If he can't play, he can't play, regardless of whether he's a backup or not.

We'll see whether the Gailey hire pays any dividends in that regard.

You may say "obviously", but there is plenty of sentiment out there to cut Rosen before the season even starts that has been posted by others.

The logic behind the Josh Rosen trade was always deeply flawed.

Even if he were a good football player, which he's not, he had virtually no shot of doing well enough in 2019 to prevent Miami using this 2020 pick to get a top tier quarterback. And once that guy is taken, he WILL be the starter at some point.

Spent a 2nd round pick for nothing. Could've had Erik McCoy if we'd not traded down, or Chase Winovich/Juan Thornhill after the trade down.

Everyone keeps praising what Tannehill did this past year. I still don’t get it. The guy did nothing more than manage the offense AT BEST. He did nothing to actually win the games, or “will” his team to a victory. He played his role well, I will give him that. But again, he did nothing outstanding or special. He will always be at best, just another slightly above average QB. That’s his ceiling!

I wonder if the Rosen trade had something to do with damage control.

In December of 2018, Grier and Ross had a PC to roughly and broadly explain that we were rebuilding and rebuilding properly.

Armando, still upset his buddy Gase was fired, actively and willfully decided to sabotage the effort by calling the rebuild plan....tanking. He did that during and after that PC. Before any move was made. He pushed it repeatedly and it caught on and grew into a huge thing with every rebuild move we made. The team was being crucified and blasted for tanking when they actually and provably were not.

I think taking Rosen was an attempt to show they weren't trying to tank this past year.

It’s midget minds at work, it’s their way or the highway.
Isn't this rich. Sure, let's build our team to help out the QB so much that if he was ever forced to throw for over 100 yards in an important game we'd lose. That way we can pretend on the forums that we have a right to "I told you so."

Midget minds indeed.

Imho Rosen is gone before reg season Kick off
I agree. Once it’s established that Tuas health situation is good to go watch for a Rosen trade. Don’t think we’ll get more than a 5th or 6th

Everyone keeps praising what Tannehill did this past year. I still don’t get it. The guy did nothing more than manage the offense AT BEST. He did nothing to actually win the games, or “will” his team to a victory. He played his role well, I will give him that. But again, he did nothing outstanding or special. He will always be at best, just another slightly above average QB. That’s his ceiling!
Careful, your intelligence will get called into question around these parts if you back that statement.

Something no one has mentioned anywhere. I wasn't for drafting TUA but now that hes a Dolphin I'm 100% behind him, even got a #1 Jersey on the way for my boys. I find it amusing here and everywhere that people everywhere are just convinced that TUA is going to be the starter and will be in the RING OF HONOR in the stadium and eventually the HOF. Guy hasnt even attended a team meeting yet let alone a practice. What if........WHAT IF.......Rosen does a Tannehill this year behind a competent Oline and running game? Is there any scenario where we keep Rosen over TUA or is the Hype factor and the whole personna surrounding the kid too great? Does PR win over whats best for the team? Competition is good.......but is really any? Think Rosen is just playing to up his trade stock to a different Team?

My Point.....if Rosen plays amazing , shows promise do we still Take TUA with his injury history? Guess the answer is yes because the front office thought enough of him to take him at #5. And Rosen has to actually prove himself more then TUA does at this point. Just a thought...................

Found Josh Rosen's account!

He was cleared by our medical at the combine and will probably be playing by end of month one after O line gels enough.
Remember when we Rushed Tannehill back too fast? Boom......he was out for another year. And his injury wasnt close to as serious as a hip pocket. Just trying to learn from our past.......we are not challenging anything next season.......next season is meaningless. Sit him , let him come out in 21 like a Somonian warrior!

Isn't this rich. Sure, let's build our team to help out the QB so much that if he was ever forced to throw for over 100 yards in an important game we'd lose. That way we can pretend on the forums that we have a right to "I told you so."

Midget minds indeed.
Coming from the President of the “ I told you so club “. thanks for the example.

Coming from the President of the “ I told you so club “. thanks for the example.
Where's my "I told you so"? I spend my time arguing about things before they happen. When they do, I've already moved on. I don't need validation from this forum.

Guess you dont read threads. Just bathroom walls?
I can assure you that people such as Rev Kev and myself have spent many an hour posting in the Tua super thread for months and at no point was anybody pretending that he's going to be some automatic Hall of Famer. You're making things up.

Back
Top Bottom