The Rosen effect.......... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Rosen effect..........

That would be ideal scenario if you can have Rosen show something that might make a team trade for him. Would be nice to recoup some of that investment.

I'll go with the 'if.' IF Rosen plays amazingly, Flo has a problem - a good problem. Next year is still a rebuilding year and a trade for a top player or top pick next year would be excitingly coincidental. He has to decide which QB he wants to ride and trade the other.

That said, I still see Rosen as a quality backup until he proves otherwise. That will be tough. Unless he starts some games early, I doubt he'll get a chance.
Why?

I get the love for Tua, psyched the Dolphins took a chance on him and drafted him. I hope he lights it up from day one and injuries are the thing of the past.

I don't get the hate for Rosen or the calls to cut him. Why the hell would you not want to develop a top 10 pick in which another team paid the bulk of the money owed to him as a backup? It would be pure stupidity to cut him this year unless he was a lockerroom cancer. Hopefully, if he can be in the same system for more than one year it will make him a good backup. Best case scenario is he turns out to be very good, Tua turns out to be even better and the Dolphins are in a position to either keep an excellent backup or trade for some value. Hating on Rosen because your a Tua fan is just plain dumb! I am shocked by the number of so-called fans crying for Rosen's head. What also is also old and annoying is if a person posts that you want to see Rosen do well, you must be a "Tua hater".

I for one am hopeful Rosen, who by the way is younger than the first pick in this draft, can get his QB career back on track. It would be awesome for the Miami organization. Call me what you want, I just don't see the value of just pulling for only Tua to develop.

I get the love for Tua, psyched the Dolphins took a chance on him and drafted him. I hope he lights it up from day one and injuries are the thing of the past.

I don't get the hate for Rosen or the calls to cut him. Why the hell would you not want to develop a top 10 pick in which another team paid the bulk of the money owed to him as a backup? It would be pure stupidity to cut him this year unless he was a lockerroom cancer. Hopefully, if he can be in the same system for more than one year it will make him a good backup. Best case scenario is he turns out to be very good, Tua turns out to be even better and the Dolphins are in a position to either keep an excellent backup or trade for some value. Hating on Rosen because your a Tua fan is just plain dumb! I am shocked by the number of so-called fans crying for Rosen's head. What also is also old and annoying is if a person posts that you want to see Rosen do well, you must be a "Tua hater".

I for one am hopeful Rosen, who by the way is younger than the first pick in this draft, can get his QB career back on track. It would be awesome for the Miami organization. Call me what you want, I just don't see the value of just pulling for only Tua to develop.
Bolded part was important and gave the real insight into your thinking. What is so hard to understand that I, as well as others, don't want dead weight on the roster? Apparently not cheer-leading for Rosen means that I'm not a real fan, I guess. I'm sure you show up to all the Ballage or Charles Harris threads saying the same thing... right?

Bolded part was important and gave the real insight into your thinking. What is so hard to understand that I, as well as others, don't want dead weight on the roster? Apparently not cheer-leading for Rosen means that I'm not a real fan, I guess. I'm sure you show up to all the Ballage or Charles Harris threads saying the same thing... right?

1) Never said you were not a real fan. You are on this page I assume you follow the Dolphins. Not sure where fan-dom comes into the picture??
2) I feel comparing a QB to an RB or DE is apples and oranges. I do think it is different for QBs. NFL teams keep at least 2 QBs many keep 3 QBs. I would rather take a chance and keep a top ten pick that has been with the team for one year as opposed to some undrafted rookie QB as your number three. I think Charles Harris' situation is very different. Harris, I believe played over 40 games for the Dolphins. He had many snaps and had his opportunities. In the end, the Dolphins did not want to pick up his 5th year option and were at least able to get something for him. I thought it was great they could get something for him. Ballage, we will see. RB's are not as valued as QBs. It seems you can find them anywhere. Ballage comes to camp and competes. If he gets cut, he gets cut. I'll leave that to the coaching staff.

Sounds like where we differ is you feel Rosen is dead weight and has no value. I would rather they be sure. With QB 3 there is not a whole lot of risk having him there. Typically QB 3 is a risk/reward guy anyway. At worst case develop him as the back-up or cut bait in the future. It is not like time is ticking on him.

1) Never said you were not a real fan. You are on this page I assume you follow the Dolphins. Not sure where fan-dom comes into the picture??
2) I feel comparing a QB to an RB or DE is apples and oranges. I do think it is different for QBs. NFL teams keep at least 2 QBs many keep 3 QBs. I would rather take a chance and keep a top ten pick that has been with the team for one year as opposed to some undrafted rookie QB as your number three. I think Charles Harris' situation is very different. Harris, I believe played over 40 games for the Dolphins. He had many snaps and had his opportunities. In the end, the Dolphins did not want to pick up his 5th year option and were at least able to get something for him. I thought it was great they could get something for him. Ballage, we will see. RB's are not as valued as QBs. It seems you can find them anywhere. Ballage comes to camp and competes. If he gets cut, he gets cut. I'll leave that to the coaching staff.

Sounds like where we differ is you feel Rosen is dead weight and has no value. I would rather they be sure. With QB 3 there is not a whole lot of risk having him there. Typically QB 3 is a risk/reward guy anyway. At worst case develop him as the back-up or cut bait in the future. It is not like time is ticking on him.
I'm sorry, what? You literally said "so-called fans calling for Rosen's head" and then subsequently questioned where the "fan-dom comes into the picture"?

You're confused by that? Really?

Last edited:
I'm sorry, what? You literally said "so-called fans calling for Rosen's head" and then subsequently question where the "fan-dom comes into the picture"?

You're confused by that? Really?

LOL - You are definitely correct there. My bad - poor choice of words. I can see your point since I used "so-called fans" that I was questioning you as a fan. Should not have used that in the original post. However, the point of the post is my disagreement with the cut Rosen mentality that is out there.

LOL - You are definitely correct there. My bad - poor choice of words. I can see your point since I used "so-called fans" that I was questioning you as a fan. Should not have used that in the original post. However, the point of the post is my disagreement with the cut Rosen mentality that is out there.
Obviously cutting Rosen makes no sense right now, but neither does holding on to him if he proves early that we can upgrade with a different young QB. If he can't play, he can't play, regardless of whether he's a backup or not.

We'll see whether the Gailey hire pays any dividends in that regard.

OK? Whats your point? Your Kinda making my point for me. Are you saying Tua is better then Tannehill? I hope he will be. BUT Tannehill already proved his worth when he was traded as a back up and he beat out Miriota for the starting Job. Miriota with Derrick Henry couldn't win ****. He killed it last season. Nobody saw that coming. I see your trying hard to crap on Tannehill and thats fine. My point has nothing to do with Tannehill other then when certain players get with others , when there is a chemistry do you mess with it? I mean Arron Rodgers was a first rounder.......he sat for 6 yrs before getting a shot. You and so many people are ASSuming TUA is going to come in here and light it up. Its a given. Done deal. Superbowl 2022. I'm saying I'm all for it........but TUA has to earn it. Thats all.

This would be an excellent point. If it wasn't total bullshit.

Wow, Rosen may make the starting lineup based on what he's done so far. I don't think so.
your statement is fair but the truth is none of us really know what his status is and what that front office is thinking. There may be clues but the bottom line is nobody knows without insider information

Back
Top Bottom