The Rosen effect.......... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Rosen effect..........

Remember when we Rushed Tannehill back too fast? Boom......he was out for another year. And his injury wasnt close to as serious as a hip pocket. Just trying to learn from our past.......we are not challenging anything next season.......next season is meaningless. Sit him , let him come out in 21 like a Somonian warrior!

not comparable at all. Tannehill had structural ACL damage and chose to treat it conservatively. wrong treatment and looking back, im sure he'd decide differently.

not comparable at all. Tannehill had structural ACL damage and chose to treat it conservatively. wrong treatment and looking back, im sure he'd decide differently.
True..different injuries, but I'd hate to see Tua rush Into the NFL and wish he had handled it differently.

I agree. Once it’s established that Tuas health situation is good to go watch for a Rosen trade. Don’t think we’ll get more than a 5th or 6th
You are right he won’t fetch a lot and I do expect him to wind up back in the AFCE at some point maybe the Pats or Jests

First, that opinion will obviously change if he doesn't make it through the summer. That said, I think he can beat out Ruddock on talent (not a high bar, I know). To me he's Tannehill-like. Can play well for a good team and I think by '21, Miami will be a good team. Not the kind of guy who can will a team to a championship, bus as good as half the league's backups.

Fair enough. I just dont see the rush. Next season is meaningless.
I mean, I agree essentially that this is isn’t a super meaningful season, but will be similar to last year with developing guys and such.

However if tua is cleared to play, which he has been, no reason he can’t get some snaps later in the year ... yeah we don’t want him hurt but some live bullets would be good too

First, that opinion will obviously change if he doesn't make it through the summer. That said, I think he can beat out Ruddock on talent (not a high bar, I know). To me he's Tannehill-like. Can play well for a good team and I think by '21, Miami will be a good team. Not the kind of guy who can will a team to a championship, bus as good as half the league's backups.
But if you've literally never seen him play well in his NFL career even for a single game, how can you come to any of these conclusions?

Everyone keeps praising what Tannehill did this past year. I still don’t get it. The guy did nothing more than manage the offense AT BEST. He did nothing to actually win the games, or “will” his team to a victory. He played his role well, I will give him that. But again, he did nothing outstanding or special. He will always be at best, just another slightly above average QB. That’s his ceiling!

You overestimate NFL talent. Tannehill is an average QB. He can play well on a good team and, obviously, get a good team to the playoffs. Average QBs are EXTREMELY hard to find, thus average QBs make incredible money. There seem to be 26-29 NFL quality starters in the league at any one time and 2-4 who are starting to see if they can develop. That's almost a quarter of the league. I'm not praising Tannehill, but admit he's in that hard-to-find group

But if you've literally never seen him play well in his NFL career even for a single game, how can you come to any of these conclusions?

He's Tannehill-like. Needs a good team around him. Tannehill-like. even then, for now a quality backup. For reference, I long thought Tannehill COULD be good, but it took a new team to prove it - longer than 2 years. I guess I'm saying I see Rosen as a good backup just as I saw tannheill as a good QB. Projection.

Rosen so far appears to be missing "IT", he has the physical abilities.....but something is missing.

Back
Top Bottom