The Saints/Deuce and Yes Ricky | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Saints/Deuce and Yes Ricky

I am now going to go to saintsreport and start a bunch of Miami/RW threads to make it even, ok?

Impacts players that are gone:
Ricky Williams
Willie Jackson (even though Pathon is pretty good and Stallworth will be good, but don't expect anything until year 2, if he doesn't do anything this year it will be ok, rookie wrs are rarely successful)
Joe Johnson
La'Roi Glover (come on, you guys are better with him than without him)
Willie Roaf (you have Spencer Folau now, Folau was here last year, he was the worst offensive linemen in the league. He shouldn't even be on a teams practice squad)

Also, I hope Deuce stays healthy, but he isn't going to be as good as Ricky will be this season. I hope Deuce does well though, I have him in a bunch of fantasy leagues.

BTW....didn't this Brooks interview come out LAST WEEK?....You think maybe THAT is why we are talking about it? :rolleyes:

This has got to be one of the most entertaining threads I have read in a long time.

Ricky had a disaster in NO. No one is arguing that. He had to go. Both teams are gambling. Miami is hoping that Ricky can be the back we saw in College. New Orleans is praying that the they can run without him. We'll see.

I get a kick out New Orleans fans complaining about 3 yards and a cloud of dust. When you have a back that is either to slow or two weak to push the offensive line and you start getting 2nd and 11 you will start to understand what Phin fans had to put up with for so long.

The mark of a great back is not a 60 yard run every once in a while. It's a guy who can make positive yards each time he touches the ball where there is nothing and can keep the defense honest. That creates room for the passing game. This is a team game you know. If the N.O. running game does not work, lets see how effective Brooks is with more players dropping in coverage.

Having Ricky's power in the backfield makes us better and more of a threat. Ricky will keep guys in the box because if 3 yards stretches to 5, than the Dolphins will win every time. You bet the rest of the NFL knows that too.

First off, it's really tough to compare the two backs together. RW is a power back who needs his shoulders square to gain yards. He knows his job is to keep the chains moving and control the clock as well as give our D rest to keep quickness.

Duece is an electrifying back who has a ton of potential and could be as good as RW for what the Saints are going to do with their O. Neither player would have great success in the scheme the other's team is now running. Our scheme works for us and we have just about teh best back for that role in the league.

Deuce is a guy with a ton of talent and I wanted us to trade up and get him in the draft that year.(imagine getting him and CC that draft.) I think the Saints have a good D-line actually. Hand is a load and Howard has loads of talent. Their O-line last year was a little better than ours will be this year.

It will come down to getting comfortable in the teams Offense and staying healthy for both teams. The backs are different and an offense developed for the strengths of a player can make them great.(Priest Holmes anyone?)

The Saints may not have the distraction of RW, but their RB situation is worse this year than last no doubt. They have so many questions and an unintelligent goof for a QB.(Very talented though.)

They will not go to the playoffs this year, we will. I hope Aaron and Deuce are happy with their individual stats as they are sitting watching "that weird guy" take us through the playoffs.

I think Hand played had an overall below average season. I remember the Saints fans dogging him cuz he gained so much weight. I still stand by my statement of the db's though. Knight is the only player in the secondary worth a salt. Yall didn't (and still don't) have a cb that can shut down a teams #1 receiver. Basically here is how I see the saints:

--An ass-clown head coach who lost the respect and focus of his team after banging a cheerleader and getting her pregnant.

--A below average OL with no depth.

--A talented, but inconsistant QB who will do some great things, and then some stupid things.

--Horn is a player. Pathon and Reed aren't that great. Stallworth should be a stud when Healthy.

--A very talented running back who got 15 carries last year but no depth whatsoever behind him. RB's get hurt a lot in this leauge, and if Duce is out for an extended period of time, RIP Aaron Brooks.

--On paper, a stout and solid DL.

--TE is still a question mark, even though Sloan is an upgrade of what they had last year.

--Lb's I don't know much about.

--secondary Again Sammy Knight is the only player on the secondary worth a damn. If the Saints front seven can get to the QB and hurry his throws, then that will cover up their lack of talent. If the front seven allows qb's to drop back, game over. THey will eventually get their ass kicked.

--Carney missed 2 field goals last night, but he's solid.

--Gowin is ok as a punter.

--The beerman? Lighting in a bottle, but drops too many.

I never heard that about Haslett... Explain please.

Originally posted by J-E-T-S
I was saying during the season against playoff teams...

I'll answer your question...

in the 2 years sine Haslett took over, the Saints have not beaten a team with a winning record, other than the Rams.

Against playoff teams last year, RW did:
team.....rush .....yrds .....avg.....rec..... yrds .....avg.....total yards
STL .....17.....77.....4.5.....4.....19.....4.8.....96
NYG.....16.....53.....3.3.....4.....49.....12.3.....102
SF.....24.....121.....5.0..... 3.....52.....17.3.....173
NE.....15.....56.....3.7.....3.....39.....13.0.....95
STL.....14.....57.....4.1.....4.....13.....3.3.....70
TB.....10.....26.....2.6..... 4.....15.....3.8..... 41
SF .....11 .....33.....3.0.....4 ..... -8..... --..... 25
Totals 107 423 3.95 26 179 6.88 602

sorry if it is hard to read, but I don't know hwo to make a table. Hopefully the dots help.

The TB game, the Saints were down 24-0 five minutes before the 1st quarter ended. RW did not see a ball after the 1st quarter.
The SF game (last of the season) was just a total debacle, and RW sat out the second half. So these 2 games really skew the stats (21 carries for 59 yds)

I look at this stats now, and I just wonder why he didn't get the ball more times, both running and receiving, especially running late in the game (Well, I actually know why, he was the only RB/FB who could block, and the Saints were down in just about every game at the start of the 3rd quarter); in his pro career, RW averages 8+ yards per carry on every carry after the 20th carry of a game.

Originally posted by Fletch Longhorn

--An ass-clown head coach who lost the respect and focus of his team after banging a cheerleader and getting her pregnant.

I get the clown part, but I don't understand the cheerleader thing.:confused:

Originally posted by booyeah_

I get the clown part, but I don't understand the cheerleader thing.:confused:

Appearently none of the mayor media outlets picked up the story, but a cheerleader and a secretary are suing the Saints for sexual harassment, and it is rumored that the harasser was Haslett.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Man are these guys setting up a pre season game that can get ugly fast..I hope our D nails the Deuce and Ricky runs a 60 yard TD on them..and then smile and we take him out of the game.

I've been watching Ricky for the past 3 seasons....There isn't a bigger Ricky fan than me. I'll continue to cheer for Ricky as a Dolphin. But the only way he's going to break a 60yrd run is if he does like the guy in the movie "The Last Boyscout"......Pulls out a gun and shoots all the defenders.

Ricky is a pounder......he gets stronger as the game goes on. He doesn't break long runs.

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

Don`t forget....Ricky weighed 250 lbs. then. He`ll be faster at 225.

This is a myth....i have no idea where it came from. Ricky reported to camp overweight last season.....about 240-245....but he got down to 230-235 for the season.....Ricky never played above 235 for us.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
while Deuce tweaks a hammy or something that goes along with his entire training room filled college career.

Nice post. I'd like to say, i don't wish injury on anyone from your team or any other team for that matter.

Originally posted by chambers84

That kinda tells me that the Saints have WRs that don't block downfield, or people that just stand and watch Ricky go past the LOS.

Obviously someone who hasn't watched very many saints games.

Duece didn't have a problem breaking one for 56yrds.....and he only got the ball 16 times......he did something Ricky was unable to do in 800+ carries.

Back
Top Bottom