The Saints/Deuce and Yes Ricky | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Saints/Deuce and Yes Ricky

Originally posted by Killah Sith
And to think, Spencer Falou will be blocking for them now.

I think they need to quit worrying and talking about Ricky.

Falou was signed to start at right guard. Before we drafted Lecharles Bentley......Bentley is going to be a great player.....he'll be starting at Guard on opening day....And will probably replace Fontenot next season.

Falou started at Right Tackle against the Texans.....But Victor Riley is going to be the Starting RT......Falou is merely Depth.

Boy, after reading 4 pages of all of this I have to sit back and think. I don't honestly think I've seen such immaturity since the 4th grade.

Sheesh boys, think about it. First off, Miami is NOT the same type of team as New Orleans. Thus Ricky will be a different runner. So what if he doesn't run for 60's. Maybe Miami doesn't need him to do that. Maybe they got him to just do the short runs. Maybe Minor is the bullet for 60's.

New Orleans won't be better without Ricky. They will be different. Miami won't be the same as last year either. They will be different.
Win, lose, tie. Lets just drink beer and laugh as the Cowboys go down in flames again! :D

Guys, sexual harassment is far from getting someone pregnant. You could get harassment for comments made.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

The Saints SUCK! They got rid of tons of impact players and gained crap. They could have been good this year but Randy Mueller is a moron and made some of the worst moves ever.

What were those moves?

Ricky Williams- A great player but he fit into Ditkas offense, he doesn't fit into our offense. Barring injury we'll end up with a 1st and 2nd for him.....possibly two 1sts......not bad.

Jeff Blake- A solid player who can start for alot of teams. We are pretty happy with Aaron Brooks and Jake Delhomme. Delhomme will be a starter in this league one day.

Willie Jackson- I think we all wanted to keep Willie. But with the addition of Pathon and Stallworth. There was no way that was going to happen.

Willie Roaf- His best days are behind him.....I don't think he'll be around much longer with his injury problems. We were lucky to get a decent pick for him

Chris Naeole- not much to say here.....he was probably Dickas worst draft pick. Should've been taken in the 2nd round at the highest....never lived up to expectations.

La'roi Glover- Not as big a loss as some might think. He got alot of sacks when Norman Hand was drawing double and triple teams.....He's a great pass rusher....but he's terrible against the run.....Grady Jackson and Norman Hand will plug up the middle for us this year.

Joe Johnson- This was our biggest loss. We wanted to keep JJ....we drafted Charles Grant to replace him. We will probably lose some of our pass rush because of this loss.

Keith Mitchell- Had a great year in 00.....but his production dropped off last year. We let him go because our 2nd round pick from last year, Sedrick Hodge, will be a better player.

All in all, i don't think we lost as much as you say......Willie doesn't have much left.....Willie J was replaced by Pathon and Stallworth....We will lose some pass rush because we lost Glover and JJ. But our Run D will be much improved. Deuce is a better fit for our offense.

Originally posted by jaxdolfan
What has he done....beat out Jeff (PUP) Blake?

How about throwing 3 TDs to beat the Rams in the playoffs without Ricky Williams or Joe Horn on the field?

Yeah really. Brooks in 1 -1 with 1 great game in the playoffs, while Fiedler is 1-2, with 1 game where he handed off to Lamar Smith alot and threw 3 picks, and 2 duds. O and Brooks threw 4 TDs in that game (Just saw it)

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
The saints suck last year and he still got a 1200 yards...not many backs can say that...

Really......

Priest Holmes 1,500+yrds (6-10)
Stephen Davis 1,400+ yrds (8-8)
Corey Dillon 1,300+yrds (6-10)
Ricky Williams 1,200+yrds (7-9)
Ladanian Tomlinson 1,200+yrds (5-11)

there's 5 backs just last season that ran for over 1,200 yards and didn't have a winning record.

Originally posted by J-E-T-S
Yeah really. Brooks in 1 -1 with 1 great game in the playoffs, while Fiedler is 1-2, with 1 game where he handed off to Lamar Smith alot and threw 3 picks, and 2 duds. O and Brooks threw 4 TDs in that game (Just saw it)

You're right....he did throw four......i was just thinking of the 3 he threw to Willie Jackson......forgot about the fouth.

Originally posted by Fletch Longhorn
[B Charlie Clemmons didn't live up to the biling he came in with. [/B]

He's probably better suited to play on the outside in a 3-4 Defense.....but i'll take his 13.5 sacks anyday.

The Bengals always suck, and Dillon is top 10 in rushing every year.

from my man codename47 ...
in his pro career, RW averages 8+ yards per carry on every carry after the 20th carry of a game.

8 + YPC
Just read that over and over.

Then look at the game logs, and you 'll see that if the Saints gave RW the ball more than 20+ times ... they won quite a bit.

Obviously someone who hasn't watched very many saints games.

Duece didn't have a problem breaking one for 56yrds.....and he only got the ball 16 times

Watched every one of 'em. Deuce's run was 54. RW longest was 46. 8 yards man, huge difference.

You also failed to mention that RW, not only blocked two people on the play, but also drew Simoneau into the pile, because he followed RW into the mire that became where the DE was, before RW got there.

How many tackles did Deuce break on that run ?? None. And RW was a big part of it, not only with great blocking but as a decoy to the LB's

Originally posted by Coach_Largent

Watched every one of 'em. Deuce's run was 54. RW longest was 46. 8 yards man, huge difference.

You missed my point......in 800 carries, ricky never broke a run for 50yrds. Deuce only had 16 carries......if Deuce had 800 carries....there's no telling how many long runs he would've broken.

as far as the 8 yrds per carry.....that's a nice stat.....but you have to give him the ball 20 times before he even starts doing that. And if you get behind in a game......you have to stop giving him the ball. I'd much rather have a back that i can give the ball to in any situation......a back that has a shot to go all the way anytime he touches the ball.

Give ricky the ball 30 times a game.....and see how well he holds up.

Originally posted by Saint Greg

This is a myth....i have no idea where it came from. Ricky reported to camp overweight last season.....about 240-245....but he got down to 230-235 for the season.....Ricky never played above 235 for us.

Then why did ESPN just say that Ricky played last year while being 250 lb.s?

Originally posted by Coach_Largent

8 + YPC
Just read that over and over.

Then look at the game logs, and you 'll see that if the Saints gave RW the ball more than 20+ times ... they won quite a bit.

You also failed to mention that RW, not only blocked two people on the play, but also drew Simoneau into the pile, because he followed RW into the mire that became where the DE was, before RW got there.

How many tackles did Deuce break on that run ?? None. And RW was a big part of it, not only with great blocking but as a decoy to the LB's

Hey, Coach!!! Long time no see!!!

I just wanted to add, it is true that Dulymus had a 54 yd run in 16 attempts; however, the other 15 runs, he averaged something like 2.5 ypc.

But gotta be fair to Dulymus... I will wait until the end of the season to have an educated opinion on him....
A lot of Saints fans are so enamoured with Deuce, partly because they hate RW, partly because Mueller picked him; and, since Mueller is considered a genius because of the playoff win, then Deuce must be the next Faulk.

Back
Top Bottom