The Silver Lining... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Silver Lining...

If we lose out, we are still guaranteed the 1st pick overall I believe. The only team I am unsure about would be if the Falcons and us have only one win.

The football gods would be kind to make this happen for us. However, Flores is doing everything in his power to not make this happen.

The NFl wont let us win more.

They would be embarrassed to see a team win with such a stripped down roster while other teams are paying these players outlandish salaries.

Enjoy this one, we beat the ****ing jets and wont go winless.

Cincy will win a couple, they still have to play the jets lol.

1 win doesn't mean no yet, 2 wins then we can worry.

Issue is that while Miami does have by far the worst roster in the NFL, Flores and his crew seem to have an idea of what they are doing and they have players buying in. THere are a lot of poorly coached teams this year

You know what helps the future of this franchise? Drafting well. We don’t do that. We haven’t done that. We have a ton of picks and cash under the cap. I guarantee you Belichick would take our picks and free agent money and win 11 games with this team next year. Tua, Rosen, or Fitzpatrick at the helm, wouldn’t matter.

I actually agree with the first part of your statement. Drafting Tua is absolutely a step in the right direction but the rest of the picks need to be contributors and potential game changers.

Unfortunately, this game places alot of value and importance on getting the right QB to make a difference. And if we don't get someone like Tua in this building, it doesn't matter in the long term if they draft well the next few years.

That's what alot of people are missing here. We legitimately have a chance to get the best QB prospect in the draft next year. And we're sitting here debating whether a win against another terrible team is good or bad for the future.

Forget the jabs and quips for a second and consider this: What was the point of butchering the entire roster and trading away Tannehill and some other key starters if this team goes out and wins itself out of the top pick in the draft?

I just want to point to the Matt Moore year. We made a colossal turnaround going from an 0-7 and in pole position in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes, to a meaningless 7-9'ish (can't recall exactly) season where we drafted 8th and launched the Tannehill era. Now, Luck ended up having health issues, and didn't pan out. RG3 was a great athlete but a bad QB, so neither of those earlier QB's panned out really. At the time, people like me were disappointed we went on the late season win streak and lost out on a great QB prospect in Luck.

I ask you … how fondly do you remember that Matt Moore season? Does it cause a great swell of Dolphins pride that we came back and made the year respectable even without any shot at the playoffs? Or does it make you feel like you missed a chance on greatness? I feel the latter. While Luck didn't work out … most QB's drafted earlier do better than those drafted later. I remember Don Shula and Dan Marino … and mediocrity holds no great appeal for me. I say ... take a chance on greatness, and I'll never be happy with 7-9 or 8-8 … it's still just losing to me. I'd rather throw the Hail Mary and try to win than make a meaningless 30 yard gain that has no chance of winning for the last play of the game. But that's just me … I want to gamble on greatness.

Meaningless win that doesn't help the future of this franchise is a good thing. Yep, sounds like a smart, well thought out opinion.

This franchise also deserves the turd fans it has.
Misery loves company. Embrace what you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to point to the Matt Moore year. We made a colossal turnaround going from an 0-7 and in pole position in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes, to a meaningless 7-9'ish (can't recall exactly) season where we drafted 8th and launched the Tannehill era. Now, Luck ended up having health issues, and didn't pan out. RG3 was a great athlete but a bad QB, so neither of those earlier QB's panned out really. At the time, people like me were disappointed we went on the late season win streak and lost out on a great QB prospect in Luck.

I ask you … how fondly do you remember that Matt Moore season? Does it cause a great swell of Dolphins pride that we came back and made the year respectable even without any shot at the playoffs? Or does it make you feel like you missed a chance on greatness? I feel the latter. While Luck didn't work out … most QB's drafted earlier do better than those drafted later. I remember Don Shula and Dan Marino … and mediocrity holds no great appeal for me. I say ... take a chance on greatness, and I'll never be happy with 7-9 or 8-8 … it's still just losing to me. I'd rather throw the Hail Mary and try to win than make a meaningless 30 yard gain that has no chance of winning for the last play of the game. But that's just me … I want to gamble on greatness.

Bingo. We need to be swinging for the fences here. We have finally gone about building this team the right way but the more wins they get, the more the foundation laid down in the off-season disappears.

Valid point, but to counter, the Matt Moore year was a talented team that was underachieving and caught fire. I don't think there is any chance of us catching that fire. Hell, maybe we shut Preston down rest of season.

I personally think there are 4 games left people should worry about; the Jets 2nd game, the Browns (they play down to their opponents) the Giants, and the Bengals. I am not saying we win those games, but those the the ones I see as most likely wins

I wasn't all in on Tua, and still do not see the enjoyment of this win. No different than not seeing the enjoyment in some Miami miracle that would fade away in history as completely meaningless.

Now those who crow and are enjoying their day in the sun, really did enjoy both days. They were all to happy being a mediocre franchise that made you believe each year you had a chance at 10-6, and being embarrassed by a superior team in the playoffs.

If Miami chooses wrong in the 2020 draft, you people cheering today....

Back
Top Bottom