The Tank is Officially Derailed | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Tank is Officially Derailed

Again, we all said the same exact thing about Saban, Sparano and Gase in year 1. Two of them actually got to the playoffs. How did that turn out?

You know what they else had in common with this coaching staff? They relied on an old savvy vet QB to win games. When they actually had to identify and coach up a young franchise QB for sustainable success they failed.
If you can't see the differing in Flores then that's on you. There is no comparison and why you think you have to compare coaches is odd to me.

Sure it would have been nice to have the top pick in the draft, but with a crap load of cap space and a ton of Picks Miami's in a good place regardless. Just have to make solidpicks and hope they pan out.

Each win is a building block for the most important off season we’ve had in years. FAs will see the discipline, coaching, grit, whatever you want to call it, that the team has and be more inclined to sign. No starter is going to a 0-16 team unless they are grossly overpaid to the point they can’t say no. There is talent everywhere in the draft. Heck, there is a solid chance Tua is still on the board even if we win 2 more games.

Again, we all said the same exact thing about Saban, Sparano and Gase in year 1. Two of them actually got to the playoffs. How did that turn out?

You know what they else had in common with this coaching staff? They relied on an old savvy vet QB to win games. When they actually had to identify and coach up a young franchise QB for sustainable success they failed.
This feels and looks a lot different than in the past, none of those coaches got as much out of so little, and they just keep playing. All of those coaches had players quit on them in one form or another, hell, Saban was over his head and quit on his team, no so much now.

Saban, Sparano and Gase didn’t have a roster that was 40% UDFA either. Its a lazy take making that comparison Skape.

Only the Dolphins could screw up a tank. Welcome back 7-9 for the next 20 years.

Here's a brief history lesson for the 'Tankers'....

In 2002 the Texans picked 1st, they picked David Carr, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Carr is now out of football.

In 2002 the Lions picked 3rd, they picked Joey Harrington, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Joey is now out of football.

In 2003 the Bengals picked first, they picked Carson Palmer, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Palmer is now out of football.

In 2007 the Raiders picked first, they picked Mr Purple drank himself, Jamarcus Russell, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Russell is now out of football.

In 2010 the Rams picked first, they picked Sam Bradford, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Bradford is now out of football. (As far as I know ;) )

In 2012 the Colts very famously "sucked 4 Luck", they picked first, they picked Andrew Luck, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Luck is now out of football.

In 2015 the Bucs picked first, they picked Jameis Winston
They have NOT won any super bowls & won't see any in the near future

It DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY...

Picking first does not guarantee anything.

The point is if we lost we would have the #1 pick we also lost to Cinci.

I’m stoked Flores looks like a gem and we’re playing hard, but winning is meaningless for a team who’s 80% of on field personnel won’t be here next year.
You can't have it both ways, unless you advocate that a HC should purposely lose, and that would not be the HC I want.

Remember too, there's no guarantee the #1 overall pick will be the best player from the draft. Miami still is likely in good shape to get Tua, if his healthy. Or possibly the LT Thomas. Oline needs lots of work.

If you can't see the differing in Flores then that's on you. There is no comparison and why you think you have to compare coaches is odd to me.

Lol. Everyone said the same thing about all of the guys I mentioned compared to the previous staff

Here's a brief history lesson for the 'Tankers'....

In 2002 the Texans picked 1st, they picked David Carr, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Carr is now out of football.

In 2002 the Lions picked 3rd, they picked Joey Harrington, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Joey is now out of football.

In 2003 the Bengals picked first, they picked Carson Palmer, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Palmer is now out of football.

In 2007 the Raiders picked first, they picked Mr Purple drank himself, Jamarcus Russell, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Russell is now out of football.

In 2010 the Rams picked first, they picked Sam Bradford, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Bradford is now out of football. (As far as I know ;) )

In 2012 the Colts very famously "sucked 4 Luck", they picked first, they picked Andrew Luck, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Luck is now out of football.

In 2015 the Bucs picked first, they picked Jameis Winston
They have NOT won any super bowls & won't see any in the near future

It DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY...

Picking first does not guarantee anything.

The Luck thing is the one that really sits with me. Yeah Luck was phenomenal for a while...but despite showing twice that he could turn a loser into a winner just with his play the Colts were never really SB contenders with him.

Don't say we. That's painting with a broad brush.

I for one hated tge Gase hiring from the day he first took the podium as HC. I hoped for the best, but I was never confident in his ability to be a leader.

It goes to show you how much good coaching and a solid QB can take you. Team is seriously void of talent and yet we are competing and even winning games.

Back
Top Bottom