The Tank is Officially Derailed | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Tank is Officially Derailed

Saban, Sparano and Gase didn’t have a roster that was 40% UDFA either. Its a lazy take making that comparison Skape.

Wait, did this roster make the playoffs? Because that’s the only way it would be comparable.

OddSaltyHornedtoad-size_restricted.gif

Well there goes our chance at a top 5 pick with this win vs Philadelphia.

get over it already. we also need a coaching staff just AS much as a QB and we found it. let Grier do his thing and find one. The future is in his hands, god help us that he doesn’t blow this

Here's a brief history lesson for the 'Tankers'....

In 2002 the Texans picked 1st, they picked David Carr, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Carr is now out of football.

In 2002 the Lions picked 3rd, they picked Joey Harrington, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Joey is now out of football.

In 2003 the Bengals picked first, they picked Carson Palmer, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Palmer is now out of football.

In 2007 the Raiders picked first, they picked Mr Purple drank himself, Jamarcus Russell, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Russell is now out of football.

In 2010 the Rams picked first, they picked Sam Bradford, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Bradford is now out of football. (As far as I know ;) )

In 2012 the Colts very famously "sucked 4 Luck", they picked first, they picked Andrew Luck, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Luck is now out of football.

In 2015 the Bucs picked first, they picked Jameis Winston
They have NOT won any super bowls & won't see any in the near future

It DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY...

Picking first does not guarantee anything.
Plus look at the QB’s that got taken after other QB’s in previous drafts Deshaun Watson and Mahomes after Trubisky. Russell Wilson after Tannehill. Lamar Jackson after Darnall, Rosen and Allen. The list goes on.

LOL, I turned that win off in disgust :)

In all honesty though, that was a fun game to watch. Although it does hurt us a hell of a lot, we were fortunate that the other teams around us like the skins and bengals won, although the Giants continue to suck, say hello to Chase Young, New York. The other problam that this brings into the competition for a top 5 spot (top 3 if we want to assure ourselves of one of Tua or Burrow), the likes of the awful Lions, Cards, Broncos and Falcons. Lock is looking good early on for the Broncos, that very important for us, they need to feel they have something in him, one more team not needing a QB.

The Luck thing is the one that really sits with me. Yeah Luck was phenomenal for a while...but despite showing twice that he could turn a loser into a winner just with his play the Colts were never really SB contenders with him.

I still remember his draft work outs.

He was as perfect as possible.

And, he was a great team mate and pure class all the way.

I felt bad for him when they booed him.

Here's a brief history lesson for the 'Tankers'....

In 2002 the Texans picked 1st, they picked David Carr, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Carr is now out of football.

In 2002 the Lions picked 3rd, they picked Joey Harrington, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Joey is now out of football.

In 2003 the Bengals picked first, they picked Carson Palmer, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Palmer is now out of football.

In 2007 the Raiders picked first, they picked Mr Purple drank himself, Jamarcus Russell, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Russell is now out of football.

In 2010 the Rams picked first, they picked Sam Bradford, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Bradford is now out of football. (As far as I know ;) )

In 2012 the Colts very famously "sucked 4 Luck", they picked first, they picked Andrew Luck, guess what?
They did NOT win any super bowls & Luck is now out of football.

In 2015 the Bucs picked first, they picked Jameis Winston
They have NOT won any super bowls & won't see any in the near future

It DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY...

Picking first does not guarantee anything.
Exactly the first-round pick is not guarantee success Grier and Company need to draft well

They just beat the Eagles, you really think they are going to lose to Giants, Jets, Bengals and Patriots with nothing to play for?

Now this is shaping up to be a 5 win season, which could put us out of the Top 10.
They will lose to everyone but the Jets or Bengals. And lol @ thinking we will beat NE. They always play when they have “nothing to play for”

I'm happy to see the team building a foundation and culture in front of our eyes. We should know by now that just plugging in talent into a dysfunctional team rarely gets the job done. I'd much rather see us lose a draft few spots and know we are building something of a foundation than get the first pick but show no signs of anything gelling. The guys we end up with in the coming drafts might actually be set up for success.

I never bought the Tank Mantra. I always believed Ross wanted a Franchise Reset. He paid 100's of millions of dollars to players over the years and got mediocrity and injury to show for it. How many F/A came to Miami only to get injured and not return to prior abilities or return at all. Ross finally threw, all those voices in his ear, out the door and said enough is enough. This coaching staff has proven in 12 games what good coaching can do for a team. Imagine what it can do with quality players, if their doing this with Street F/A, UDFA, as well as, 2nd and 3rd stringers? Ross finally got it right. I never thought it was tanking.

Back
Top Bottom