The Texans current pick | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Texans current pick

Of all the bad threads on this forum this is the one that ticks me off the most. It just won't die, and I could give two craps about the opportunity to draft the next Dion Jordan or Ted Ginn Jr. compared to actual football success. And the Texans could help us so much by beating teams in competition for us.
First of all, you're seriously overestimating most of the threads here. Second of all, Houston losses are a definite positive for Miami, while other teams in the playoff hunt are not, as we could conceivably lose our last four games.

First of all, you're seriously overestimating most of the threads here. Second of all, Houston losses are a definite positive for Miami, while other teams in the playoff hunt are not, as we could conceivably lose our last four games.
There is a positive when Houston losses. It's just that I'd rather the loss be the consolation prize. My goal is to see the Dolphins win, aka actual nfl results, rather than root for draft position when most NFL draft picks either outright bust or fail to meet their draft expectations.

DeShawn Watson is so good he almost single handedly beat Indianapolis. The guy is amazing. Its nice to see another Houston loss, but Watson always gives them a chance. With 4 games remaining, there is potential for 2 more wins.

DeShawn Watson is so good he almost single handedly beat Indianapolis. The guy is amazing. Its nice to see another Houston loss, but Watson always gives them a chance. With 4 games remaining, there is potential for 2 more wins.
No doubt he is a stud

Next week's game against the Bears is huge. If Houston drops that game, this really could be a top 10 pick. With those other bad teams having some head-to-head games, it would be hard for Houston to to get out of the top 10. C'mon Chicago, time for your best game of the year. Hopefully Nicks is healthy.

Of all the bad threads on this forum this is the one that ticks me off the most. It just won't die, and I could give two craps about the opportunity to draft the next Dion Jordan or Ted Ginn Jr. compared to actual football success. And the Texans could help us so much by beating teams in competition for us.

This is one of my favorite threads. I love the draft and I see it as a fundamental part of building long-term success. I have no problem looking at both the short and long term prospects of this team simultaneously. And I believe that if we take care of our business then the playoffs will take care of themselves. The Texans pick is the product of an investment we already made. Hoping to see that investment grow in value makes perfect sense and is exciting to me.

Houston finishes 6-10 IMO. Teams who will be worse:

Cincinnati
Jacksonville
Denver
LA Chargers
Washington
Philly
Dallas
Chicago/Detroit
Atlanta
Carolina
SF possibly

That could put the pick at 13th if all of that is true. It’s unlikely to be top 5. Perhaps top 10.

Back
Top Bottom