The time has come to cut Devante Parker (post June 1) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The time has come to cut Devante Parker (post June 1)

Considering the flexibility his current contract offers (we can reduce that cap hit easily, y’all. By about 4 million with a bonus restructure) as well as his relationship with Tua + the absolute uncertainty surrounding our other big radius catcher (who is not as good IMO) Preston Williams.... i very much don’t see this happening.

Wilson gets cut. Allen Hurns gets cut.

i mean i agree that we've probably seen his best in the year he had with fitz. i don't think he will improve any and is a candidate for gradual regression. getting old + injury prone + not a quick twitch athlete doesn't bode well for the latter half of his career.

he's kind of a poor mans demaryius thomas. dt declined around this age / time in his career and then fell off completely. dt was not in the league last year, is 33 now. had 2 lousy years in 2018 and 2019 at age 30 and 31.

dp is 28. probably has 2 decent years at best getting some 50/50 balls and some stop route/back shoulder type stuff. he isn't going to win much at the top of his route anymore so he will need to be schemed open.

if they can get anything back i would probably try to go that route. its also worth noting that tua didn't really click with dp.

What really works well in Parker's favor is the age, as you stated, but the contract just isn't very big. The way Chris Grier operates, he basically makes everything team friendly and sort of on a "prove it" scale for guys that may have struggled with some injuries. If you can overcome them he will look out for you, if you can't he can get out of the deal.

This happened with Parker in 2019, who was an option to be let out of his 5th year option but was able to work out a deal with Grier to prove himself . . . which he did in 2019 and the deal was immediately reworked with a bit more security for the player, even some backpay for the good year, but also with continued team flexibility if they decided to move on at a certain point.

Parker still flashes and is still easily the most talented receiver on this team but yea if he comes in hurt all offseason and we properly address the position, we can exit this deal via Post june 1st and that will be the end of it.

I’m assuming Allen Robinson in this scenario, seems like the most likely “#1 receiver” .... so how much are you paying him?

and I haven’t seen your plan to remake the wr group? Just cut Parker and then what??
you can assume all you want. Your #1 is in the draft. Your more dependable vets are FA's. Hell, your #1 and #2 could be in the draft. That's how bad their WR's are right now

I'm not a big fan of DVP's skillset, but, he had pretty good numbers as the team's #1. If Miami can get, say, Chase, DVP becomes the #2 and those numbers could rise. All things being equal, I believe he stays.
if you are going to invest in Tua or Watson, this is the right choice to make

Considering the flexibility his current contract offers (we can reduce that cap hit easily, y’all. By about 4 million with a bonus restructure) as well as his relationship with Tua + the absolute uncertainty surrounding our other big radius catcher (who is not as good IMO) Preston Williams.... i very much don’t see this happening.

Wilson gets cut. Allen Hurns gets cut.

Funny enough, Hurns is the guy that may surprise everybody this camp. Their really isn't any savings and he is good enough to stick on this team. I don't imagine he is a guy Miami would consider cutting until after the preseason at the earliest.

Funny enough, Hurns is the guy that may surprise everybody this camp. Their really isn't any savings and he is good enough to stick on this team. I don't imagine he is a guy Miami would consider cutting until after the preseason at the earliest.
Good points!

We need a dynamic slot like Wilson, not Hurns or another guy like Hurns.

Im ready to see Glass Parker in another uniform...Of course he will instantly become Iron Parker elsewhere but the Humidity in SF obviously makes him very brittle.

jag

You damn well know it. 4th to 5th wr at best on a good unit.

dump these guys

Back
Top Bottom