The time has come to cut Devante Parker (post June 1) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The time has come to cut Devante Parker (post June 1)

Im ready to see Glass Parker in another uniform...Of course he will instantly become Iron Parker elsewhere but the Humidity in SF obviously makes him very brittle.
Probably because wherever he goes he’s probably not that team’s #1 WR. If Miami wants to blow up this receiving corpse then I’m fine with that it they truly plan to invest legit resources for the position.

A $9M cap savings, and only $3M dead money. Miami needs to look themselves in the mirror and revamp their WR corps. I love Parker, have bene advocate, but cap flexibility, dependability and time has worn me out and I'm sure others. Miami should and could be in the market for a WR in free agency, and of course 2-3 in their first 4 picks. Production vs Salary is inverted
They can’t sign a better WR for the money they are paying Parker and they don’t have the cap space to sign the top FA WR’s. They have too many other holes on the team to completely rebuild their WR unit this off season. Perhaps they draft one WR and sign a mid tier WR in free agency but that’s about it.

With the WR they draft, Parker, the mid tier WR, Wilson, Williams, and Bowden, their offense should be vastly improved over last year. Especially if they add one of the top 3 RB’s in the draft and another quality offensive lineman.

jag

You damn well know it. 4th to 5th wr at best on a good unit.

dump these guys

Oh no question. I'm on record stating if guys like Preston Williams and Allen Hurns are "roster locks" at the end of preseason, then we didn't do enough to address the skill group. That being said, him, Hurns and others will get the opportunity to come to camp and compete because the salary isn't something you are going to jettison in March because there is no savings.

Come the end of camp and preseason, I just wouldn't be shocked if the story is Allen Hurns has been the third/fourth most impressive receiver in camp and a guy that makes the team.

Miami has to prove to me otherwise over the next few months that they are serious about updating the skill group.

Williams is dirt cheap that’s why he’d be a lock as much as anything. I mean udfa dirt. But ideally that’s more our 4th wr type who if he gives you more in 2021 great. Just not betting on him top 2 anymore

still he’s got more meat on the bone still than hurns has.

As far as coming out of camp being tbe 3rd or 4th most impressive wr I could see that unfortunately. Hope not but could see it

Parker is as close to a lock as there is on this team.

Not only are the savings minimal, he has become a senior presence, a guy who plays through most injuries and spends time with the rookies.

Hurns may stick, but I think that it would take an injury.

If we draft two, and I think we will... It becomes DVP, Williams, rookie, rookie, and probably Bowden. That leaves one spot. I can't see Hurns beating out Wilson, Perry, and whoever else we bring to camp... If he plays well in preseason, deal him for a 7th.

Parker is as close to a lock as there is on this team.

Not only are the savings minimal, he has become a senior presence, a guy who plays through most injuries and spends time with the rookies.

The problem is, his injuries are often hamstring related and when he tries to play on it, he ends up reaggravating it and it leads to longer absences. The story of his NFL career to be honest.

But I agree there is just no incentive to do anything right now with Parker but stay on schedule and hope he can overcome the injuries and bring back some of that 2019 magic. You just can't build a roster depending on him to be the #1 receiver and presumably available.

Back
Top Bottom