***The uniform/logo super thread*** | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The uniform/logo super thread***

Which Logo?

• 1966-1973

Votes: 19 11.2%
  • 1974-1989

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • 1989-1996

Votes: 45 26.5%
  • 1997-2012

Votes: 18 10.6%
  • 2013-2017

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • 2018-Present

Votes: 16 9.4%

• Total voters
Agreed 100%. I posted this morning in the uniform super thread that Mike Florio suggested the same thing on PFT today.

They will get a patch. That is what Most teams do to honor those legends who have passed.

I think the Dolphins will definitely wear a patch or do something else this year on the uniforms to remember Coach Shula. However, I don't see anything permanent being done. The only 2 NFL uniforms that I can think of that have permanent patches are Chicago for Halas and the Lions for William Ford. In both cases, they are for owners whose families are still owning the teams. It will be interesting to see if they stay permanent if and when the families sell the teams. Perhaps Halas would stay on the uniform since he was there since the beginning of the NFL. It would be nice if the Dolphins did make it permanent though.

I would love this to come to fruition. Not sure when our last uniform modification was but isn't the rule you can change for 5 years? I think I read that somewhere.... The fans would love it, they are cold as ice and its historical icon synonymous with perfection. Let's hope it plays out the way most of us hope it will.

My favorite uni's were the aqua on aqua ones. However, it's tough in Miami with an outdoor stadium to go to a dark color. I hate that because to me the aqua jerseys are our home jerseys that we of course never wear at home and often can't wear them away because the other teams actually wear their home jerseys at home. As such, 80% of our games are played in whites which I've never been a fan of. Hard to root for a white uniform as white isn't our color.

Regarding the blue/aqua/teal debate, the color is aqua. I detested the blue and teal that we had some years.

Logo wise, our team is The Dolphins. So, making a Dolphin look mean or hostile is quite a task. The current logo seems to be the closest to being non-silly. With hat said, I think it can be modified a good bit to make us happier.
Well I found this logo just surfing around the web and think it’s actually a really nice logo just could use some tweaks. It kinda of honors the original but updates it to a more modern look.

Attachments

• 0B74633F-13C4-4AB4-8B30-4827298A7791.png
    0B74633F-13C4-4AB4-8B30-4827298A7791.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 10
I personally like the 90's logo. People saying bring back the 70s, 80s .... ewww... That looks like doodling from my 5 year old nephew.

We can meet halfway. Change the current one but have it curve downwards . Don't make it cartoon looking.

Last edited:
Honestly, the throwbacks are so much cleaner looking. If I could have it my way I would use the chiefs jersey as a template. Aqua where the red is, white numbers in their font outlined in orange. The sleeves just two white stripes with an orange stripe in between. The logo, throw it to the 90’s or early 2000s dolphin. If not that tweak the classic logo design. I hate the way the number 1 looks on our current jerseys.

Back
Top Bottom