There are 2 Dolphins I am sad for | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There are 2 Dolphins I am sad for

Dajesus said:
Another year starts, and Chambers and McMichael don't have the support for them to finally show off how good they can be. We all know they are very talented, but neither of them have put up the pro bowl numbers that they are more than capable of doing. You put these guys on a team that can protect the QB long enough for them to run deep routes, and a QB that could get them ball consistently, and they both are shu ins for the probowl. I hope before either of them depart we get a QB that can utilize these two talents.
I think the addition of Brown will go a long way in helping to protect AJ. The other teams DE's can no longer pin their ears back like they did last year. Nor will they be able to play 6 in the box. I dont think it is fair to get that down on AJ. He played in six games and he got better every time. Not to mention we did not have a 100 yard rusher in any of our games.

Chambers is a very good number 2 reciver. He dosen't have the size to be a true number one. While your recievers are servicable a #1 go-to guy that will make the catch for the first down, the kind of guy that demands a double team every play, would make Chambers much better.

As of yet he hasn't proven he can carry the load.

I think things will improve. However, I do share Dejesus concern for the offense. We need a lot of players on that line and at QB, to play better than they ever have.
We got some needed infusion of youth and talent on Defense. Ronnie Brown is a good start on offense. We can't rebuild the team in one offseason. So lets all be patient, take our 8-8 or 9-7 year this year, then come back and fill in the rest next off season and bring home the Lombardi in 2007. Okay with you guys?

KyPhinfan13 said:
Try five in the box! Our blocking scheme was so out of sync last year, we'd have a couple of linemen looking for someone to block while our RB was getting tea-bagged after a 5 yard loss.

Totally agree, check out are avg. yard per carry, awful, the first 10 games were hard to watch but there was improvement in the last 6.. GreenMonster

KyPhinfan13 said:
Okay, screw the cap and lets trade for Pro-Bowl offensive linemen. I would say that there is no way that the offensive line will be any worse than last year. AJ will be better (probably will not ever be a Pro-Bowler) and the o-line will improve with Houch whipping them into shape. It's amazing that the team even won 4 games last year when you consider how many f-ups were running the show.

This year, you'll see a different team taking the field--personnel and attitude.

Remember how the talking heads used to say that Ricky makes our O-Line look better than they really are...well, I'm thinking that Ronnie Brown will have a similar effect. That coupled with Hudson Houck and an improved offensive philosophy should show marked improvement along the line.

I think it will help that Run-Ron (huh? huh? okay, last one) has the speed and hands to become another receiver on any given play.
I also think that with McDougle, et. al. & Houck the oline will be better. And I just can't believe that Carey is really that bad.

fin-atic said:
I think things will improve. However, I do share Dejesus concern for the offense. We need a lot of players on that line and at QB, to play better than they ever have.
We got some needed infusion of youth and talent on Defense. Ronnie Brown is a good start on offense. We can't rebuild the team in one offseason. So lets all be patient, take our 8-8 or 9-7 year this year, then come back and fill in the rest next off season and bring home the Lombardi in 2007. Okay with you guys?

I think the OLine and the QB position arent as bad as it looked last year. I mean I agree last year it was pretty sad looking. But at least when Bates took over .. changed the blocking scheme we performed a lot better.

Now add in the best or one of the best OLine coaches in the league, a new system ,and a running back and I think Feeley will have enough time and protection to show that he isnt as bad as he looked last year.

I think we drafted very well in getting the immediate needs taken care of, and left the questions that need to be answered the time to be answered. With Gus as a fill in and already knowing the System as an emergency backup if Feeley proves he cant get it done.

And also I agree completely except maybe we might surprise a lot of people this year and do better than the 9-7, granted I wont put money on it but maybe.

Losman7 said:
Chambers is a very good number 2 reciver. He dosen't have the size to be a true number one.

How big is Marvin Harrison? Or Hines Ward? I agree he hasnt proven that he can carry the load yet, but I completely disagree that his size will keep him from becoming a #1 WR on our team

Losman7 said:
Chambers is a very good number 2 reciver. He dosen't have the size to be a true number one. While your recievers are servicable a #1 go-to guy that will make the catch for the first down, the kind of guy that demands a double team every play, would make Chambers much better.

Your nuts. Chris Chambers is a great 1. I have seen him ranked as a top 10 WR in fooball. He just has never had a QB that can get him the ball. Size doesn't matter unless you are really small. The guy is about 6 feet tall and has very long arms and excellent leaping ability, so he plays more like he is 6'2. He is a verticle reciever though and we have never had a QB that can throw the ball vertical. Chambers is a very good WR and hopefully now with a QB that has a little arm strength can get it to him.

Boomer said:
Mate, Chambers needs to stand up and improve his play. Part of the reason why Chambers hasn't made the Pro Bowl is because he isn't as consistent as he should be. Yes, the system has hurt him, but he needs to become a better player.
Exactly. Why do you think Oronde Gadsden was the go-to guy in the clutch when he was here? Because he had the MENTALITY for it. Chambers needs to develop some of the Michael Jordan/Michael Irvin/Terrell Owens "I'm gonna take over this game myself" mentality, and THEN he'll be catching more balls.

sports24/7 said:
Your nuts. Chris Chambers is a great 1. I have seen him ranked as a top 10 WR in fooball. He just has never had a QB that can get him the ball. Size doesn't matter unless you are really small. The guy is about 6 feet tall and has very long arms and excellent leaping ability, so he plays more like he is 6'2. He is a verticle reciever though and we have never had a QB that can throw the ball vertical. Chambers is a very good WR and hopefully now with a QB that has a little arm strength can get it to him.

He's talented, but until he catches more than 70 balls and cracks 1000 yards he's not a number one reciever.

caneaddict said:
I agree with Boomer.

I'm sorry guys but if you really are a #1 receiver then you put up better numbers than Chambers (even in our sh*tty system). Chambers has moments of brilliance but right now I see him as a #2 receiver. Everyone clamoring for a #3 receiver is wrong in my opinion. I think we need a #1 receiver because Chambers hasn't shown that he can do that yet.

I totally disagree with people saying that Chris Chambers is not a #1 WR.
I believe Chris is not far away from being a Owens or a Harrison kind of receiver, except for the fact that he needs a good QB throwing the ball to him, just like any other #1 WR.
I think AJ has some upside, and I will wait to see what can he really do, before judging him, but believe me, you will have the pleasure to see what can all the NY Jets WR´s can do with a QB like Fiedler, and the answer is NOTHING!:evil:

Also I think, that what we need is a good pass protection and a QB who feels OK behind the line. Last year we could have had Owens, Holt and Moss, and our pass offense would have been on the last 5, because there is no way the WR´s can do all the job the OL and the QB are suppossed to do.

Randy Mac had his best season last year when seemingly things were in disarray.

Feeley knows that Chambers is the goto guy. We've added some large bodies on the offensive line. The play calling is openning up. I don't feel sorry for Chambers or Randy. They have a great opportunity now that we have a real running back in the fold.

Dajesus said:
Another year starts, and Chambers and McMichael don't have the support for them to finally show off how good they can be. We all know they are very talented, but neither of them have put up the pro bowl numbers that they are more than capable of doing. You put these guys on a team that can protect the QB long enough for them to run deep routes, and a QB that could get them ball consistently, and they both are shu ins for the probowl. I hope before either of them depart we get a QB that can utilize these two talents.

If our receivers are upset with anyone for not getting enough balls thrown their way it's the former coaches, and the Oline for not giving Feeley time to even drop back for a pass.

You people who blame Feeley for our lack of production on offense never cease to amaze me.

Back
Top Bottom