There are 2 Dolphins I am sad for | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There are 2 Dolphins I am sad for

Losman7 said:
Chambers is a very good number 2 reciver. He dosen't have the size to be a true number one. While your recievers are servicable a #1 go-to guy that will make the catch for the first down, the kind of guy that demands a double team every play, would make Chambers much better.

As of yet he hasn't proven he can carry the load.
His problem is NOT his size.

Dajesus said:
Another year starts, and Chambers and McMichael don't have the support for them to finally show off how good they can be. We all know they are very talented, but neither of them have put up the pro bowl numbers that they are more than capable of doing. You put these guys on a team that can protect the QB long enough for them to run deep routes, and a QB that could get them ball consistently, and they both are shu ins for the probowl. I hope before either of them depart we get a QB that can utilize these two talents.

Gosh. I think Saban should just go ahead and forfeit the season.

Try some Prozac, man.

Losman7 said:
He's talented, but until he catches more than 70 balls and cracks 1000 yards he's not a number one reciever.
How about being third in the NFL in TD's and first in the AFC. Does that make you a #1 WR. In 2003 that just what he did. When your in a run style, control the clock offense your not going to get 70 balls and over 1000 yards. Especially when you don't have a QB or a system that takes advantage of your greatest strength. In Eric Moulds first four years he never onec caught over 70 balls and only once went over 1000 yards. Was he not a good #1? In fact he has only caught over 70 balls 3 times in his 9 year career. This year they are installing a vetical offense that will utilize the deep ball and while Feeley may not be a Pro Bowler, he can still get the ball down the field.

KyPhinfan13 said:
Okay, screw the cap and lets trade for Pro-Bowl offensive linemen. I would say that there is no way that the offensive line will be any worse than last year. AJ will be better (probably will not ever be a Pro-Bowler) and the o-line will improve with Houch whipping them into shape. It's amazing that the team even won 4 games last year when you consider how many f-ups were running the show.

This year, you'll see a different team taking the field--personnel and attitude.

Ugh! I hate when words are put in my mouth. Did I mention anywhere in any thread this offseason that we should have tried to get a certain superstar at QB or O-line? No, why not because I know that there really hasnt been that guy available at either postion. I am also very aware of the salary cap. I love our draft, and love where this team is going. I think with Brown, Saban, and the improvements to our D we will win atleast 8 games.

My point of the thread was not to say we missed oppurtunities to get o-llineman or a superstar QB. It was more of a stab at Dave and Speilman, but moreso just I feel sorry for the 2 players. In their careers with Miami they have played in a new offensive scheme every year, have never had more than a 2nd string QB throwing to them, and hopefully this will be their first year that they don't play in a predictable system.

I think the people that think CC needs to step up more is crazy. Watching Miami's offense last year the numbers he put up were unbeleavable. The amount of deep passes he has caught from Feidler in his career is almost ubserd. 99% of those catches had him comming back for the ball, and out jumping the DB just to have a shot.

taylorj99 said:
No room for that here.

You can watch your mouth too. That person posted that I was dumb, and shouldn't be posting. I thought I was very nice in my response considering what he said to me.

jlfin said:
Gosh. I think Saban should just go ahead and forfeit the season.

Try some Prozac, man.

What insight did this add? Hey lets throw stupid sarcasim out there than take a shot at someone's opinon, but add no insight to dipute my original post. You are a perfect example of why I don't post here very often anymore. I love Andrew for what he has done with this site, and I am happy this site has flurished like it has, but unfortuneitly it brings people like you that just throw punches, but have no force behind them.

sports24/7 said:
Feeley may not be a Pro Bowl QB, but he has the ability to be solid. With a better O-line and a running game he will get a chance to be more productive. McMike has nothing to complain about because with the way the offense was last year, it gave him the chance to get alot more balls just as a safety valve. Chambers though should see his numbers improve if he can step his own game up. Part of the reason he never got much of a chance with Fiedler though was because Fiedler couldn't throw deep, which is Chambers' strength. Feeley can, so there should be no excuses this year.

I thank you for actully adding your opinon, and not just name call. Unfortuneitly I disagree with you about Feely. He is 27 years old, and is starting his 3rd season in a row being forced to learn a new offense. That would be tough on any QB. Not that I think I am an expert, but I have watched every fin game for the past 6 years, played highschool QB, and coach football. Compiling my knowledge of the game, and all I have sceen of AJ this is my scouting report on him.

Positives: Strong arm, good/not great NFL size. When he has time can throw a nice long ball, and has the arm and accuracy to fit the ball in tight places.

Negatives: Doesn't get his feet set all the time before throwing. Locks on to WRs, and has trouble making the progessions when WRs are covererd. Panics under preasure, and tries to force the ball. Hasn't shown the ability to know when he needs to take a sack/throw the ball away/leave the pocket.

Overall: Has the intangables such as arm strength, accuracy, and size to sucseed in the NFL. Problem is this is not a rookie QB. He is going in to his 5th year in the NFL, and still has alot of bad habbits. It would be very hard for an NFL staff to try to not only fix his mechanics, slow the speed of the game down for him, and teach him another new offense. He has played very little football since high school, and has not shown that he can be a quick learner.

Dajesus said:
You can watch your mouth too. That person posted that I was dumb, and shouldn't be posting. I thought I was very nice in my response considering what he said to me.

Where did I say you were dumb? If you read I already apologized for my post, I misread your first sue me. I never called you dumb. I was being sarcastic, considering I have been that way every day, it aint uncommon. If you can sit around here and presume your opinion as fact, I can be sarcastic. It is humor dude. The Feeley issue is been beaten to death and whether you wer trying to swipe Rs and Dave and take up for CC and McMike like you all of a suden are saying, you made it a swipe at AJ. You dont like him, cool. But to backhand put your opinion out that it is fact, I will call you on it. If that want what you were saying, sorry.

Shouldnt be posting, why cause you didnt like being called on yoru opinion? I didnt insult you, didnt call you names, you started that, I refrained from retaliating.

Dude chill, I wasnt disrespecting your opinion, I was being sarcastic.

Ok I reread my response. Yeah out of line. Wasnt really trying to say you were dumb, but it did come accross that way. I was poking fun at what I thought I read, which I already said I misread.

fin-atic said:
I think things will improve. However, I do share Dejesus concern for the offense. We need a lot of players on that line and at QB, to play better than they ever have.
We got some needed infusion of youth and talent on Defense. Ronnie Brown is a good start on offense. We can't rebuild the team in one offseason. So lets all be patient, take our 8-8 or 9-7 year this year, then come back and fill in the rest next off season and bring home the Lombardi in 2007. Okay with you guys?

Thank you that was exactly my point. I think Saban has done a great job to start the rebuilding of a team that had the 2nd pick in the nfl draft. Will that make me throw out reason, and ignore the shortcommings of this offense. I expect some improvement in our o-line, but I think that will take time. They probably won't perform at an elevated level till midseason at best. There is still going to be new starters, new offense, and a very yourng line. I don't expect AJ to improve to much. I think Gus will get controll of this offense early, and will act as a caretaker. Where Gus doesn't have the ability to make some of the throws AJ does he has 2 years in this offense, and the expierince to not turn the ball over. You will not see 10 ints get returned for TDs with Ferrotte in there. Our first six games are very tough:

Week 1 Denver ranked 4th in yards allowed last year, and allowed 19ppg
Week 2 NY Jets ranked 7th in yards allowed 16 ppg
Week 3 Carolina ranked 20th last year, but were missing half of their starter this is probably the best D we see in the first 6 weeks.
Week 5 Buffalo ranked 2nd in yards allowed 17ppg
Week 6 Tampa Bay ranked 5th in yards allowed 19 ppg

This doesn't look good for AJ. Our d could keep us in these games, but if our QB is turning the ball over we could go 0-5 to start the year. I expect a short leash, and gives AJ a short period of time to learn a new offense, and show improvement.

I understand everyones concerns.. I just think we need a year to see what Saban does with the talent we have then we'll have a better understanding of what we need and what we don't need - from quarterback to WR to offensive line.

I have a feeling we won't need anymore defensive lineman.

Dajesus said:
I thank you for actully adding your opinon, and not just name call. Unfortuneitly I disagree with you about Feely. He is 27 years old, and is starting his 3rd season in a row being forced to learn a new offense. That would be tough on any QB. Not that I think I am an expert, but I have watched every fin game for the past 6 years, played highschool QB, and coach football. Compiling my knowledge of the game, and all I have sceen of AJ this is my scouting report on him.

Positives: Strong arm, good/not great NFL size. When he has time can throw a nice long ball, and has the arm and accuracy to fit the ball in tight places.

Negatives: Doesn't get his feet set all the time before throwing. Locks on to WRs, and has trouble making the progessions when WRs are covererd. Panics under preasure, and tries to force the ball. Hasn't shown the ability to know when he needs to take a sack/throw the ball away/leave the pocket.

Overall: Has the intangables such as arm strength, accuracy, and size to sucseed in the NFL. Problem is this is not a rookie QB. He is going in to his 5th year in the NFL, and still has alot of bad habbits. It would be very hard for an NFL staff to try to not only fix his mechanics, slow the speed of the game down for him, and teach him another new offense. He has played very little football since high school, and has not shown that he can be a quick learner.
He does have some bad habits, but he is working with a QB guru in Linehan. If anyone can help him fix his habits, its him. If he can't then Frerotte can step in and be a solid starter as well. Again, he won't be a great player, but he can throw the deep ball which will cater to what Chambers needs. Either way the system is in place now to better use Chambers to his strenghts.

Dajesus said:
Another year starts, and Chambers and McMichael don't have the support for them to finally show off how good they can be. We all know they are very talented, but neither of them have put up the pro bowl numbers that they are more than capable of doing. You put these guys on a team that can protect the QB long enough for them to run deep routes, and a QB that could get them ball consistently, and they both are shu ins for the probowl. I hope before either of them depart we get a QB that can utilize these two talents.

YOU PUT A BACK LIKE R.BROWN to sell playaction, their productivity GOES WAY UP! Just dont do it when you play us.
;)

rickeyrunsover said:
Where did I say you were dumb? If you read I already apologized for my post, I misread your first sue me. I never called you dumb. I was being sarcastic, considering I have been that way every day, it aint uncommon. If you can sit around here and presume your opinion as fact, I can be sarcastic. It is humor dude. The Feeley issue is been beaten to death and whether you wer trying to swipe Rs and Dave and take up for CC and McMike like you all of a suden are saying, you made it a swipe at AJ. You dont like him, cool. But to backhand put your opinion out that it is fact, I will call you on it. If that want what you were saying, sorry.

Shouldnt be posting, why cause you didnt like being called on yoru opinion? I didnt insult you, didnt call you names, you started that, I refrained from retaliating.

Dude chill, I wasnt disrespecting your opinion, I was being sarcastic.

Ok I reread my response. Yeah out of line. Wasnt really trying to say you were dumb, but it did come accross that way. I was poking fun at what I thought I read, which I already said I misread.

I didn't get to your response before I posted this, and still haven't. Reading this post is enough. You still haven't disputed my opinon, but yet you say
I can't take people not agreeing with me. That I can handle, and don't expect everyone to agree with me. I can't handle someone who doesn't dispute my opion with any new insight, but just stoops to name calling. By definition disagreeing means you have an opinon, but you didn't share one. You just said for me to get real and some intelligence, and the rest of the post has nothing to do with anything I said. Here are your words.

God TOS suks right now. Get real and get some intelligence, How exactly does a qb provide protection? He should be a franchise LT as well as a franchise QB?

Cry in your spilled milk that you know more than Saban because we didnt draft a qb. Waaaa, waaaa. Grow up, have some faith in teh coach who many wanted, at least give him the benefit of teh doubt. Every draft expert except Pricko gave us high marks, so trust Nick.

If you have been around here you would know I am very sarcastic as well, but I fail to see sarcasism here. I see you saying I have no intelligence, yet you didn't even take the time to read/understand what I was saying.

sports24/7 said:
He does have some bad habits, but he is working with a QB guru in Linehan. If anyone can help him fix his habits, its him. If he can't then Frerotte can step in and be a solid starter as well. Again, he won't be a great player, but he can throw the deep ball which will cater to what Chambers needs. Either way the system is in place now to better use Chambers to his strenghts.

Yeah I deffinity agree this system will help CC. I also have alot of faith in Scott and Nick, but I don't see the time to focus on AJ while putting a new offense in place. I am happy that Gus is here to give us a smart player who won't turn the ball over.

Back
Top Bottom