There are 2 Dolphins I am sad for | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There are 2 Dolphins I am sad for

Dajesus said:
Another year starts, and Chambers and McMichael don't have the support for them to finally show off how good they can be. We all know they are very talented, but neither of them have put up the pro bowl numbers that they are more than capable of doing. You put these guys on a team that can protect the QB long enough for them to run deep routes, and a QB that could get them ball consistently, and they both are shu ins for the probowl. I hope before either of them depart we get a QB that can utilize these two talents.

I was kind of thinking differently about these 2 the other night. It's time for both of them to step up and become the players we all know, or think, they can be. I understand football is a team sport and our O-line concerns are valid but I've heard every excuse in the book from fans to protect these 2 darlings. I think Chambers will break out as long as Booker becomes the solid #2 he was supposed to be when we brought him in here. Not many WR's can do it by themselves. McMichael on the other hand was really aggravating me last season with his drops (nor nearly as much as Rob Konrad was though). We used to call James McKnight "McDrop", because of that drop vs the Ravens in the playoffs where even if we had won weren't going anywhere anyway, I think Randy in earning that nickname. I have hime as a 2nd tier tight end right now behind the Gonzo's, Gates, Shockey's and Heap's with the potential to join those guys if he starts catching the football.

Chambers seems to have all of the potential in the world but like Jon Gruden says potential is crap and production is everything. The botton line is Chambers has yet to ctahc over 69 balls and has 0 1000 yard seasons.

Why do you think Oronde Gadsden was the go-to guy in the clutch when he was here? Because he had the MENTALITY for it.

Wrong. It's because he would go across the middle without fear and had hands like a catchers mitt and rarely dropped a pass.

He's talented, but until he catches more than 70 balls and cracks 1000 yards he's not a number one reciever.

There's a lot of WR's that meet those numbers who aren't number one's. Our offense hasn't been equipped to throw that much anyway. Nevermind the fact that we have an elite TE that caught 73 balls.

Dajesus said:
We still have a QB that threw more tds for the other team than he did ours.

That's funny.....the last time I checked, 11 (TD passes) was greater than 4 (picks returned for TDs).

Losman7 said:
He's talented, but until he catches more than 70 balls and cracks 1000 yards he's not a number one reciever.

You guys are really funny at drafting, yet another early round WR in Cro Thorpe, while your Oline has a awful pass protection and your D is also getting up there in age.

Boomer said:
Mate, Chambers needs to stand up and improve his play. Part of the reason why Chambers hasn't made the Pro Bowl is because he isn't as consistent as he should be. Yes, the system has hurt him, but he needs to become a better player.

So true. Chambers plays GREAT for 2 games and he takes 3 off. I blame him for that. You can see some games he just simply does not gain seperation from CB's.

Listen, Chambers is very good. But he is now going into year 5 of his career, and you are still waiting for him to have a "breakout" year.

Could it be that if he was open more AJ/Fiedler would have gotten him the ball?

I mean, he's supposed to have all sorts of potential, but up until last year he had teams stacking 8 in the box and he still isn't putting up Number 1 reciever numbers.

PhinstiGator said:
Randy Mac had his best season last year when seemingly things were in disarray.

Feeley knows that Chambers is the goto guy. We've added some large bodies on the offensive line. The play calling is openning up. I don't feel sorry for Chambers or Randy. They have a great opportunity now that we have a real running back in the fold.

:yes:

Losman7 said:
Chambers is a very good number 2 reciver. He dosen't have the size to be a true number one. While your recievers are servicable a #1 go-to guy that will make the catch for the first down, the kind of guy that demands a double team every play, would make Chambers much better.

As of yet he hasn't proven he can carry the load.

Can't argue with you here, except for the size thing, but this is the truth as of today. I'm not to big of a homer to see that.

Joey 22 said:
You guys are really funny at drafting, yet another early round WR in Cro Thorpe, while your Oline has a awful pass protection and your D is also getting up there in age.

What are you talking about?

Who is Cro thorpe?

How is our D getting up there in age?

What does this have to do with Chirs Chambers?

Losman7 said:
Listen, Chambers is very good. But he is now going into year 5 of his career, and you are still waiting for him to have a "breakout" year.

Could it be that if he was open more AJ/Fiedler would have gotten him the ball?

I mean, he's supposed to have all sorts of potential, but up until last year he had teams stacking 8 in the box and he still isn't putting up Number 1 reciever numbers.

Crap now I'm agreeing with Bill fans!

F150&Dolfan said:
Can't argue with you here, except for the size thing, but this is the truth as of today. I'm not to big of a homer to see that.

He could have used David Boston, that physical reciver that demands help from the safties, then he could use his talents more.

Losman7 said:
He could have used David Boston, that physical reciver that demands help from the safties, then he could use his talents more.

I bet David Boston won't make it through somebody's, maybe ours, training camp. If he's still training and using roids or HGH or whatever he WILL blow out another tendon. I find it hard to believe he gives up all of the perfromance enhancement drugs.

I think Boston will see the error of his ways when he's about 29 or 30 and have 2 really good season for somebody. He will realize the career he could have had and have many regrets.

Don't get me wrong I'd love for Saban to give hiome another chance but will not bank on him in any way.

Hope yall realize it's going to take at least a year to get the oline turned around. At this point only right tackle and left guard are PROBABLY settled. Before the Qback and WR's can get consistant , before we can get a running game, the oline has come together.

Hope yall realize it's going to take at least a year to get the oline turned around. At this point only right tackle and left guard are PROBABLY settled. Before the Qback and WR's can get consistant , before we can get a running game, the oline has come together.

Who hasn't played on our O-line for a year? I understand that they have been shuffled quite a bit, but they have at least all played together.

F150&Dolfan said:
I bet David Boston won't make it through somebody's, maybe ours, training camp. If he's still training and using roids or HGH or whatever he WILL blow out another tendon. I find it hard to believe he gives up all of the perfromance enhancement drugs.

I think Boston will see the error of his ways when he's about 29 or 30 and have 2 really good season for somebody. He will realize the career he could have had and have many regrets.

Don't get me wrong I'd love for Saban to give hiome another chance but will not bank on him in any way.

I'm not saying "David Boston" I mean a David Boston type. Not a burner, big physical, like Mushin Mohammed, or Jimmy Smith (I'd say Eric Moulds, but then everyone would jump down my throat) but I see Chambers as a complement to a guy like that.

No real # 1 and # 2, just two WR's that complement each others style.

Back
Top Bottom