There Is A Better Chance That #rt17 Misses The Entire Season Than Returns The Week After The Bye.... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There Is A Better Chance That #rt17 Misses The Entire Season Than Returns The Week After The Bye....

Uh huh.

That would be a poor semblance of an argument if any QB for any team was 100% solely responsible for points scored by his offense.

Since that is not the case (it's a team game, you know 11 guys), it isn't an argument at all, and the fact remains that Osweiler cannot do the things I listed and Tannehill can.

Strawman.

If you want to sit here and argue a QB doesn't shoulder a significant amount of responsibility, especially in 2018, for the points scored by the offense then so be it. I'll concede though there are 11 guys on the field at one time and it's unfair to put 100% responsibility on 1 of them.

But alas.....

So please do tell me, why is Ryan the highest paid player on offense if offensive output isn't in large part his responsibility?

It's fine if Ryan can do more things than Brock, it hasn't led to any significant improvement on the scoreboard.
That's a huge deal when one is the Golden Boy of our team and the other guy was picked up on scrap heap after the Houston Texans traded a 2nd round pick to get rid of him and got cut by the soon to be 0-16 Cleveland Browns.

I'm sure the Dolphins season ticket office gets a ton of calls "Yeah let me renew, we're bringing Tannehill back and i now appreciate how sexy he makes 8-8 look compared to this dumpster fire 8-8 Brock got us to."

Strawman.

If you want to sit here and argue a QB doesn't shoulder a significant amount of responsibility, especially in 2018, for the points scored by the offense then so be it. I'll concede though there are 11 guys on the field at one time and it's unfair to put 100% responsibility on 1 of them.

But alas.....

So please do tell me, why is Ryan the highest paid player on offense if offensive output isn't in large part his responsibility?

It's fine if Ryan can do more things than Brock, it hasn't led to any significant improvement on the scoreboard.
That's a huge deal when one is the Golden Boy of our team and the other guy was picked up on scrap heap after the Houston Texans traded a 2nd round pick to get rid of him and got cut by the soon to be 0-16 Cleveland Browns.

I'm sure the Dolphins season ticket office gets a ton of calls "Yeah let me renew, we're bringing Tannehill back and i now appreciate how sexy he makes 8-8 look compared to this dumpster fire 8-8 Brock got us to."

Whether we end up winning or losing any individual game, the eye can see that Tannehill under center gives the team a significantly better chance at winning.

If you don't see that, have a great night!

Whether we end up winning or losing any individual game, the eye can see that Tannehill under center gives the team a significantly better chance at winning.

If you don't see that, have a great night!

What does it matter if he can’t get on the field?

And if he gets on the field, can he stay there?

Moving forward, RT will now be just one hit away from aggravating an injury.

Here's what I'm starting to think (and although I suck at predicting stuff and don't care about being right on here I've actually been right about a lot of this Ryan stuff including the partial labrum tear I've believed was there since day 1). I've heard with this injury you can feel good throwing for a period of time but as you throw the strength starts decreasing again. I wonder if he's shown enough where they feel they can manage this by a pitch count. For instance maybe he throws early next week and if he looks good in that session rests up then does one day or so of practice and plays in games? Just spit balling here but you never know. Maybe they are planning pn trying to mange this by pitch count if there is enough evidence he can make 40-50 consecutive decent throws with 3 or 4 days rest in between.

I was intrigued by the scenarios for getting rid of him, they aren't as bad as I thought. Finley could certainly be within reach with our first rounder with a mild trade up.

Hard pass on Finley. Couldn't even beat garbage Wake Forrest at home last night with a banged up defense and Wake starting a new qb. He can't close out games.

For all the years of misery this team has had TANK ONE F'IN YEAR and grab qb in 2020. Undecided on Gase but at this point I want a complete rebuild.

Hard pass on Finley. Couldn't even beat garbage Wake Forrest at home last night with a banged up defense and Wake starting a new qb. He can't close out games.

For all the years of misery this team has had TANK ONE F'IN YEAR and grab qb in 2020. Undecided on Gase but at this point I want a complete rebuild.

Fair enough, he's just the only QB I've seen projected as a high first rounder. I'm all for tanking if we can finally get a franchise quarterback. Tank for Tua!

Devastating news. If we need to shelve Tannehill for the rest of the season, that is the right move. QB's are too hard to find in the NFL, we keep him and keep building with him. But, Gase still needs to finish 9-7 or above … he isn't getting a Mulligan for this. That probably means he rushes Tannehill back, regardless of whether it is a sound decision or not.

I was wholeheartedly against shopping for another QB this past offseason … but now, in all honesty, that needs to be on the table if the draft falls that way. I'm still not in favor of it … but this is a fundamentally different type of injury, and one that scares me more than the leg stuff. Tannehill has been unbelievably durable until the low blow ACL injury … but he's no longer "young" and this is a wholly unrelated thing … never a good sign.

I sware I knew going into this year Tannehill would pull the ultimate Tannehill move and have another season where some fans and people in the front office can think he needs more time. And the only way to do that was to get hurt this year. I'd bet anything if he's given the opportunity to start next year he will get hurt again. Come up with any excuse you want but he's never been a winner and he never will be a winner, definitely not with the Dolphins but most likely with no team. Future backup. Hilarious that he was given so many years with this team.

Back
Top Bottom