There is not 1 match up nightmare on this team | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There is not 1 match up nightmare on this team

There is simply no chemistry between him and Tua, personally I would cash in on Gesicki and try to target Pitts in the draft, he's a way better version.
He is a luxury not a 3 down the player he is great against other teams less than stellar players - I bet Rowe would lock him down in practice time and again

With little to no talent on offense and barely two years into a rebuild. I'll take it.

It's like some of you forgot what this team was only one year ago.
Nope just Your reply was like you were inferring they still beat good teams with little talent.

He is a luxury not a 3 down the player he is great against other teams less than stellar players - I bet Rowe would lock him down in practice time and again
That's my issue with Mike in a nutshell, he's just not a consistent threat, like the upper tier of TE's are. His best work has come from Fitz throwing it up there for him, with Fitz not being here next year, where is his fit in this team ?

Tua and he just don't seem to have hit it off, you can blame Tua for that if you like but the reality is Gesicki is coming up to a contract year and we just spent a the 5th overall pick on Tua, it's way more likely we try to build a team around Tua, than find a QB that meshes with Mike.

That's my issue with Mike in a nutshell, he's just not a consistent threat, like the upper tier of TE's are. His best work has come from Fitz throwing it up there for him, with Fitz not being here next year, where is his fit in this team ?

Tua and he just don't seem to have hit it off, you can blame Tua for that if you like but the reality is Gesicki is coming up to a contract year and we just spent a the 5th overall pick on Tua, it's way more likely we try to build a team around Tua, than find a QB that meshes with Mike.
Where is the desire not only to catch but to break a tackle??

So true.

I give Parker credit. He's really a #2, whose forced to go up against every team's top corner. In that sense, his production is pretty good. Pair him with a true #1 and Miami is suddenly cooking with fire.

The Dolphins have pieces on offense. I think Ahmed, Gaskin and Bowden are keepers. Gailey did a good job using the tight ends. Gesicki is a playmaker.

As an aside, I thought the RPO offense with Tua showed potential. Bring in more talent and that could be hard to defend.

There is simply no chemistry between him and Tua, personally I would cash in on Gesicki and try to target Pitts in the draft, he's a way better version.

He's also a college player with NO NFL experience. There's no guarantee that grass is greener.
I'll take the proven talent over the unproven NFL talent everyday.

Before tossing aside one of our best weapons for some unproven one. I'd rather supplement that weapon with other weapons.

But it's clear you have a strong bias against Gesicki which is laughable considering his explosion the past couple of years now.

League-wide he's garnering a reputations as one of the leagues best young TEs. Yet we're quick to get rid of him when we're already devoid of talent...LOL

Nope just Your reply was like you were inferring they still beat good teams with little talent.
Not meaning to bud in but teams vary from bad to good and good to bad thru a full season

Pats were good and then bad

Chicago good then bad then kind of Ok

Raiders beat the Chiefs it wasn’t a fluke now look at them?

He's also a college player with NO NFL experience. There's no guarantee that grass is greener.
I'll take the proven talent over the unproven NFL talent everyday.

Before tossing aside one of our best weapons for some unproven one. I'd rather supplement that weapon with other weapons.

But you will have to pay Mike to stay beyond 2021, he's not going to ask for minimum here. This FO have proved before that they will cash in before dishing out a big contract, Mike is a prime candidate for that.

You need to watch Kyle Pitts tape, I've watched every snap of the kid as a Gator and I can tell you he not just another prospect, he is the definition of the title of this thread:

Pitts is a talent. I have him as the #4 receiver in the draft.

But you will have to pay Mike to stay beyond 2021, he's not going to ask for minimum here. This FO have proved before that they will cash in before dishing out a big contract, Mike is a prime candidate for that.

You need to watch Kyle Pitts tape, I've watch every snap of the kid as a Gator and I can tell you he not just another prospect, he is the definition of the title of this thread:

He's not going to ask for minimum here?
Interesting, First how do you know that as fact?
Secondly, exactly how much is he going to ask for? We're all ears.

That kid, once more, hasn't played a single NFL down. Until he's done that then he's just a "prospect"

He's not going to ask for minimum here?
Interesting, First how do you know that as fact?
Secondly, exactly how much is he going to ask for? We're all ears.

That kid, once more, hasn't played a single NFL down. Until he's done that then he's just a "prospect"
LOL dude, you serious think Mike's going to ask for minimum ?

Neither has Trevor Lawrence but folks are already prepping him for the HOF. There is no sure thing but I for one will bet Pitts will be a great in this league. This thread is all about matchup nightmares and Mike's not giving enough DC's sleepless nights, but he does have trade value, why wouldn't you consider trading a player that has no chemistry with your QB before you need to pay him and replace him with a prospect that has been described by plenty of college analysts as the biggest mismatch in the college game.

Man Gesicki and Pitts would be fun to watch!

The main problem is they are both too similiar in metrics and stature.
Neither are true blocking type of TEs in the traditional sense.

They wouldn't complement each other like what the Patriots had in Gronk and Hernandez.

You pretty much only draft Pitts to eventually replace Gesicki.

IMO, considering the other and pertinent holes on the offense that's not the best use of our precious resources.

A stud reciever to complement D.Parker would go a lot further for this offense than replacing Gesicki with all things being equal at this stage.

LOL dude, you serious think Mike's going to ask for minimum ?

Neither has Trevor Lawrence but folks are already prepping him for the HOF. There is no sure thing but I for one will bet Pitts will be a great in this league. This thread is all about matchup nightmares and Mike's not giving enough DC's sleepless nights, but he does have trade value, why wouldn't you consider trading a player that has no chemistry with your QB before you need to pay him and replace him with a prospect that has been described by plenty of college analysts as the biggest mismatch in the college game.

It doesn't matter what i think. I've asked of you a simple request and that's to post your source that Gesicki and his representative are going to ask for a contract that's not fair to his market value and to date performance.

We're still waiting...

No chemistry with your QB is also debateable considering all other factors. But please i'm making another request please provide the basis to that position.

Back
Top Bottom