These 12 Are Gone, Whose Your Pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

These 12 Are Gone, Whose Your Pick?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Assuming Miami stays put at #13 and these players are gone, who do you pick?

Already Drafted
QB -- Murray, Haskins
RB --- none
WR -- none
OL -- Taylor, Dillard
TE-- Hockenson
DL/Pass Rusher -- Bosa, Josh Allen, Q. Williams, Oliver, Sweat, Gary
LB -- White
DB -- none

Available:
QB -- Lock, Jones
RB -- Jacobs
WR -- Metcalf, Marquise Brown, AJ Brown
OL -- Jonah Williams, Ford, Risner, McGary, Bradbury, Lindstrom
TE -- Fant
DL/Pass Rusher -- Wilkins, Burns, Ferrell, Simmons, Lawrence
LB -- Bush
DB -- Murphy, Greedy Williams, Baker, Adderley

Other?

Assuming Miami stays put at #13 and these players are gone, who do you pick?

Already Drafted
QB -- Murray, Haskins
RB --- none
WR -- none
OL -- Taylor, Dillard
TE-- Hockenson
DL/Pass Rusher -- Bosa, Josh Allen, Q. Williams, Oliver, Sweat, Gary
LB -- White
DB -- none

Available:
QB -- Lock, Jones
RB -- Jacobs
WR -- Metcalf, Marquise Brown, AJ Brown
OL -- Jonah Williams, Ford, Risner, McGary, Bradbury, Lindstrom
TE -- Fant
DL/Pass Rusher -- Wilkins, Burns, Ferrell, Simmons, Lawrence
LB -- Bush
DB -- Murphy, Greedy Williams, Baker, Adderley

Other?
Wilkins or Burns

I have to agree...

Certainly a tad disappointed I can't grab OL at the same time!
Moving down could be the way to go but going O-line at 48 might have to happen. We can get an instant starter there. We can get a good prospect at 78 but that's a little more iffy. As far as D-line, we could get an edge guy or DT in the 4th round that could contribute right away.

Moving down could be the way to go but going O-line at 48 might have to happen. We can get an instant starter there. We can get a good prospect at 78 but that's a little more iffy. As far as D-line, we could get an edge guy or DT in the 4th round that could contribute right away.

I'm still hoping the top 3 QBs are off the board by 13 and one of the more elite prospects drops to us...

Another possibility that I don't see being discuss is that BOTH Lock and Haskins are still on the board

based on the questions re Haskins leadership/motivation and Lock's discipline/inconsistency.

That could be juicy bait for someone to trade up. I don't think we'd grab either one...

I'm still hoping the top 3 QBs are off the board by 13 and one of the more elite prospects drops to us...

Another possibility that I don't see being discuss is that BOTH Lock and Haskins are still on the board

based on the questions re Haskins leadership/motivation and Lock's discipline/inconsistency.

That could be juicy bait for someone to trade up. I don't think we'd grab either one...
I would think Miami would jump to take Haskins, but if those questions are true with him that's hard for a quarterback to overcome. The more qb's that are there, the more the Dolphins have opportunities to trade down and get more picks. I could see Oakland wanting to move up for Lock or the Chargers maybe for Jones.

Wilkins or Burns
I was thinking Wilkins or Ferrell. Burns could fit Flores' system really well, though.

Question, is it too early to take Bradbury at #13? I know traditionally centers don't go that high, but with so many talented DT's in the game now maybe that thinking has changed? Bradbury is definitely getting a lot of talk on NFL network as someone who could be an instant pro bowl type. Would rather get an OT there, but those top two are likely gone.

If Lock is still there and I don't want him then a trade down with someone who does(NYG) should be the move.

IF I have to take a player there it would be Lock or Burns/Wilkins.

I was thinking Wilkins or Ferrell. Burns could fit Flores' system really well, though.

Question, is it too early to take Bradbury at #13? I know traditionally centers don't go that high, but with so many talented DT's in the game now maybe that thinking has changed? Bradbury is definitely getting a lot of talk on NFL network as someone who could be an instant pro bowl type. Would rather get an OT there, but those top two are likely gone.
For me, yes. Way too early. Some of the greatest center ever were not drafted in the first round, let alone top 15.

I would take Brian Burns but I’m not sure that this regime feels speed rushers are that important.

Lock, and run to the podium.
Lock is intriguing, but his lack of accuracy wouldn't seem like a good fit if Miami is looking to closely duplicate New England's offense.

I do like how Lock played down the stretch last year and there is the possibility that a good coach could help him smooth out his footwork.

Seems like a hit or miss.

Seems like a hit or miss.

No man. Lock is not hit or miss. He is a good quarterback. And he is worth 2 firsts and a second or another first to us. Significant capital. If he slips, you run to the podium.
They should have moved up already to top 3 spots for a QB.

Would be ideal to trade down with a team that likes Lock or Jones (assuming that's a real thing), but Lindstrom is my favorite player left for Miami. Dillard and Lindstrom are my favorite OL in the draft. I'd also understand Jonah Williams. His testing was disappointing, but he showed good speed, and he's young - has physical talent to fill out. But, in Dillard and Lindstrom, you're getting elite pass protectors and elite athletes. I've said it elsewhere, but people put too much emphasis on run blocking and not enough on pass protection.

Back
Top Bottom