This is what baffles me about Saban | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is what baffles me about Saban

enigmatics said:
.............. truly, baffles my mind. Nick Saban makes comments like this and yet is somewhat near a decision to bring back the biggest of defecting defective light bulbs this franchise has ever plugged into it's Christmas tree decor.

I was actually a Bates guy, but as time has gone on, I've loved everything Saban has done with the team thus far..........until this. Anyone else a little at a loss, especially when this ballclub is in dire need of a fresh, clean slate?
Like you said, its all about the clean slate. that means the players too.
Hes basically saying something to effect of: I want all the talent I can get and I think RW is 1 hell of a football player. Im willing to give everyone a fresh start. Including Ricky.

I respect the man for realizing that just cause the entire world has formed an opinion it doesnt mean that he cant go in with an open mind. i think he will take a wait and see approach with Rw and just move on with life. There are people who live based on the past and there are people who live for the future of this franchise.

raving said:
This is where the Nicktator will prove his genious as well. So as Arnold once said "Relax, you'll live longer"!

Who's losing sleep? C'mon man. I'm merely posing a question. I think you're wasting you're time reading into it any farther than that.

Lungoystr said:
No, what is naive is thinking that RW brought this franchise to the ground. Jimmy Johnson got the ball rolling and Dave finished it off before he left. Ricky is a footnote in the grand scheme. If the loss of one man can totally destroy a team, then you have to ask yourself what kind of coach would set his team up for failure like that. If Ricky had only gotten hurt (knocked out for the season) and not left, we would likely have still been 4-12. Then what? Who would you be blaming then? Like it or not, the loss of ONE player should NEVER cause a team to have a season such as we had. You can point your finger at someone besides Ricky because he didn't put this franchise where it was last season......Dave and Co. set us up for failure.

No. Ricky left, we went straight down the crapper. It's pretty simple. It took Ricky's actions, regardless of Wanny's or JJ's parts. I could theorize about an injury to Ricky for days......however, the fact is, he retired and what you saw last year was a direct effect from it.

pigskinguy said:
What baffles my mind is that you took something PFT said and took it for the truth. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Then you're not very intelligent. If you go to the site, there's a link to where Saban made the quote. What's next, you gonna tell me PFT coerced him into making it? :shakeno:

jguig said:
As for the statement regarding Saban can "control" Ricky.... Please! How does any intelligent person believe they can control a guy who has a disease that makes him a totally erratic flake?

My sentiments exactly.

enigmatics said:
No. Ricky left, we went straight down the crapper. It's pretty simple. It took Ricky's actions, regardless of Wanny's or JJ's parts. I could theorize about an injury to Ricky for days......however, the fact is, he retired and what you saw last year was a direct effect from it.

Hey, that thing that flew over your head was the point.....sorry you keep missing it. Maybe there is a schedule so you can catch it the next time it comes by. :rolleyes:

If you want to blame everything on RW, fine. I can see that you would rather take the simplistic approach when addressing a problem instead of addressing the REAL problem......kinda like Dave and Co. That's the reason this team failed last season. He didn't address the problems on the team (like a solid back-up RB, the QB or the playbook). WOW! There went that point again! HURRY......CATCH IT!

Ozzy said:
They sure did set it up to fail. Trading dang near their left testicle to the WIN NOW theory. Trading aways two first rounders for a Rb with great talent that has mental issues was not too bright either.

Your theory is sound though. Look at when Marino went down. They stuck in the backup, and went right on winning at least more than they lost.

Having a Qb go down would be far more important IMO, than a Rb, but this team was built soley around Solid Defense, and Running the football, with no backup Rb's. Shame on Dave, but I would still like to kick Mr. Williams in the nads, because he did not go out with an injury, he simply turned his back on the Dolphins.

Yeah Ozzy, Marino's injury immediately came to mind. Scott Mitchell came in for Marino after his achilles injury and we did quite well (certainly better than I ever suspected we would.

I am not saying that Williams didn't handle his "retirement" properly. In fact, I thought that it was quite selfish of him to leave his team hanging. I am simply saying that Ricky is NOT the reason that this franchise has sunk this low. Of course I feel that some people (not you) on here would feel better by putting the blame on Ricky. If it helps them sleep better at night then I guess I shouldn't give them nightmares by introducing them to reality. :wink:

jguig said:
Saban is clearly using Ricky to develop his trade value. As it stands today we get nothing for him until he proves his worth.

As for the statement regarding Saban can "control" Ricky.... Please! How does any intelligent person believe they can control a guy who has a disease that makes him a totally erratic flake? Saban's best move to help the team is to bring Ricky back, show he still can play, then trade his arse for the highest pick you can get. That might give us an extra pick in a relatively high round that will let us move up even higher possibly. Since this team is rebuilding, that is the sound strategy.

You might be right but the way I see it is the only way RW will ever have any trade value is if he comes back and gets his head together and can play up to his 2002 or 2003 form with no off field problems, but if he does that then why would we want to trade him. If he dosent get his $hit together then we dump him.

enigmatics said:
.............. truly, baffles my mind. Nick Saban makes comments like this and yet is somewhat near a decision to bring back the biggest of defecting defective light bulbs this franchise has ever plugged into it's Christmas tree decor.

I was actually a Bates guy, but as time has gone on, I've loved everything Saban has done with the team thus far..........until this. Anyone else a little at a loss, especially when this ballclub is in dire need of a fresh, clean slate?

No............Being that Saban has far more information to work with than you or I, I'll trust him on this one.

Remember, Saban will be searching for the right chemistry on this football team as time goes on.............we don't neccesarilly have to have it right out of the gate.:shakeno:

Risk < Reward

Now that we cleared that whole issue up............. What are y'all doing for the holiday weekend ?

enigmatics said:

Your easily baffled. Ricky can still run the ball and now we're not completely dependent on him for a running game. If he is unreliable, so be it, we have other good RBs that can fill his shoes. So deal with it!!!!!!!:fire: :fire:

EDIT: I read through the rest of the thread and man, enigmatics, you are a big baby. Stop crying. This is football.

Enigmatics=:cry:

enigmatics said:

:hmmm: ............... No.

No offense, but I believe Saban knows whats best for this team more than you do

btw, enigmatics,You Anti-Ricky people cant use the excuse "The reason why there is so much Ricky threads is because the Pro-Ricky people are starting them and we are just responding to them"...... , why did you start another Ricky thread :confused: I thought we were past all this.

but yet after an entire week.....I see the SAME folks crying and moaning about Ricky. What is your deal dude? Get over it.........Ricky's coming back, plain and simple.

I am amazed at the amount of people who are making a locker room issue out of Ricky Williams. If he comes back it, he is coming as a part of this team, not as this team. The reliance on him is not there. Saban made this clear with the drafting of Ronnie Brown. I am sure Saban doesnt care if everyone in the locker room respects or likes Ricky. There have been plenty of successful teams in which players did not like or even respect eachother.

IMO Saban has absolutely nothing to lose by giving Ricky a window to return. I personnally do not care if Williams is coming back for money purposes only. If he produces he will play, if not he will not. Production is the only concern Saban has and Ricky has a high end of production potential.

Back
Top Bottom