This is what baffles me about Saban | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is what baffles me about Saban

pigskinguy said:
First of all, I am not going to get into a pissing match with over my intelligence level, one, cuz I know I'll win and two, cuz it's againts the TOS.
Secondly, I was just making a joke, a joke that was directed at PFT not you. I could go on about your sensitivity and edginess issues, but I like I said, I see no need in getting into a pissing amtch with you.
It was just joke, dude.

With all the PFT bashing I couldn't tell. Just kinda assumed you would've recognized that Saban made the quote, wasn't just some PFT writeup. No worries.

Surferosa said:
I see it like this:

Saban is running this team like a business. And if he can recylce a previously underachiewving "business unit" with mimimal resources and investment, then go for it. If you can sell the business unit afterwards, even for a mid round pick, all the better.

I personally dont think Saban is courting Ricky for any long-term spot on the roster. Hes doing it because when his head is screwed on straight, he he has value on the open market. Thats how I see it anyway. Is it worth all the hassle? Im not sure. But, again, Nick is closer to the situation than anyone and has a unique perspective on all of this...

Again, my point is that Ricky Williams isn't some recylcleable product........ he's a man with severe mental problems. How do you recycle something like that?

xXxpHiN34 said:
GET OVER IT!

Stop crying and moaning!

its pathetic! :fire:

...........but tailing all of our posts to talk trash isn't? :roflmao:

enigmatics said:
Again, my point is that Ricky Williams isn't some recylcleable product........ he's a man with severe mental problems. How do you recycle something like that?

You're taking the extreme angle. Just like the people who *think RW will revert back to his 2003 form.

xXxpHiN34 said:
GET OVER IT

Stop crying and moaning! :fire:

NO!!! You get over it!! Stop acting like your the Ricky Williams BOARD MODERATOR!!!

You can make your fire engine red replies, and show that made face all you like. I'm surely unintimidated....

The only acceptable post's to you are as follows:

Ricky is great

Ricky is coming back........YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHooooooooooo

Ricky deserves his 7th chance in the NFL....

Yeah well Ricky the NFL player still sucks im my eyes, and only he can change that, not you.......

Comprende?

PHINATIC13 said:
What I'm referring to is team chemistry.This could be just the distraction the start of his coaching tenure in Miami doesn't need.

I agree with this. Am I sure Ricky is going to wig out or defect or play great. No idea whatsoever. But for those of you who say, "Nothing to lose" and "If he flakes out, just cut him and go on" and "There is no down side", I disagree. There might be a downside. I also understand that there is a chance for downside in every person. How do we know McMike won't have domestic problems? How do we know Roth won't have legal roblems? How do we know Chambers won't wig out? We don't. But we can weigh the risks. I think all would agree that RW is a bigger risk than Chambers. So what you have to ask is, "Is the risk too great?" The downside, a divided locker room, loss of respect for Saban if RW wigs out, a distraction for the team and loss of dignity if RW quits again. The upside, of course, is that when healthy (mentally and physically), Ricky is a great runner.

The question is, Is the risk of a downside worth it? Each weigh the risk in different ways. Each of us has different priorities. Each of us has different life experiences. And I believe that NONE of us are going to change the opinion of others.

clownfish said:
So deal with it!!!!!!!:fire: :fire::cry:

If you are trying to comvince people of your view, this isn't a very strong argument. If you are just trying to be a bully, great point.

Originally Posted by PHINATIC13
What I'm referring to is team chemistry.This could be just the distraction the start of his coaching tenure in Miami doesn't need.

If Ricky starts becoming a distraction then he won't be around long enough to hurt the team. It's not like he has a big contract and the team can't afford to let him go..

enigmatics said:
I'm not missing anything, you're just not making any valid points, not pointing out anything I didn't already know. The point is you gravely underestimate how much Ricky had to do with our debacle last year. With Wanny running the show we NEVER finished a disasterous 4-12, even as bad of a coach as he was. The straw that broke our backs was Ricky, it's not like the man didn't know how important he was to our team, regardless of how naive Wanny had been about building a roster capable of withstanding such a hypothetical blow like Ricky retiring.

I'm not blaming everything on the sticky man, I'm putting the majority of the onus on him though.

HELLO! IS THERE ANYBODY IN THERE? Let me type this s-l-o-w-l-y so that you can get it.

D-a-v-e d-i-d n-o-t a-d-d-r-e-s-s t-h-e p-r-o-b-l-e-m a-r-e-a-s o-f t-h-i-s t-e-a-m. Are you still with me or do I need to type slower?

I-n a-d-d-i-t-i-o-n t-o n-o-t f-i-x-i-n-g t-h-e p-r-o-b-l-e-m a-r-e-a-s, h-e b-a-s-e-d h-i-s E-N-T-I-R-E o-f-f-e-n-s-i-v-e g-a-m-e a-r-o-u-n-d O-N-E p-l-a-y-e-r!

Oh forget it. It's been explained clearly enough to you and you STILL refuse to admit the truth. This leads me to my next question......

How are you doing up in Pitt Dave? I suspected that you sometimes visited this board but now I am convinced. Tell me, do you plan to run that program into the ground like you did here in Miami? Just a word of advice.....DON'T RELY ON ONE MAN TO BE YOUR ENTIRE TEAM.

By the way Dave, if I wasn't pointing out anything that you didn't already know, you wouldn't continue making stupid posts in order to support a seriously skewed (or misinformed) viewpoint. Of course my points aren't valid to you because my points don't support your anti-Ricky agenda. Unfortunately for you, you aren't able to differentiate fact from fairytale (or either you are simply in denial). When you decide to join reality, Dave, c'mon back and let's talk about this some more. Until then, your responses are nothing more than self-serving rants with about as much validity as Bigfoot or the Lochness Monster.

Calgaryfin said:
So if Ricky is ready to go he'll be back and if he isn't or screws up he is gone and end of story.

But is it "End of story?" Don't you think at least some people will think, "Man, what a mistake" or "Here we go again"? Or, "I thought Saban could do no wrong. What a blunder. Couldn't he see this was doomed from the beginning?" Maybe not. Maybe the whole team thinks, "Wow, what a great guy. He gave Ricky a chance. It didn't work out. So be it. Let's move on." Again, it's risk vs. reward. I just think it's a huge gamble so early in his career.

And I really don't buy the argument, "Saban doesn't care what the players or the fans think of him." I don't think he cares if the players like him, but I do believe that he cares if the players respect him.

Surferosa said:
I see it like this:

Saban is running this team like a business. And if he can recylce a previously underachiewving "business unit" with mimimal resources and investment, then go for it. If you can sell the business unit afterwards, even for a mid round pick, all the better.

But wf the underachieving unit adversly affects the "healthy" units in the company?

Surferosa said:
But, again, Nick is closer to the situation than anyone and has a unique perspective on all of this...

We surely agree there.

Lungoystr said:
HELLO! IS THERE ANYBODY IN THERE? Let me type this s-l-o-w-l-y so that you can get it.

D-a-v-e d-i-d n-o-t a-d-d-r-e-s-s t-h-e p-r-o-b-l-e-m a-r-e-a-s o-f t-h-i-s t-e-a-m. Are you still with me or do I need to type slower?

I-n a-d-d-i-t-i-o-n t-o n-o-t f-i-x-i-n-g t-h-e p-r-o-b-l-e-m a-r-e-a-s, h-e b-a-s-e-d h-i-s E-N-T-I-R-E o-f-f-e-n-s-i-v-e g-a-m-e a-r-o-u-n-d O-N-E p-l-a-y-e-r!

Oh forget it. It's been explained clearly enough to you and you STILL refuse to admit the truth. This leads me to my next question......

How are you doing up in Pitt Dave? I suspected that you sometimes visited this board but now I am convinced. Tell me, do you plan to run that program into the ground like you did here in Miami? Just a word of advice.....DON'T RELY ON ONE MAN TO BE YOUR ENTIRE TEAM.

By the way Dave, if I wasn't pointing out anything that you didn't already know, you wouldn't continue making stupid posts in order to support a seriously skewed (or misinformed) viewpoint. Of course my points aren't valid to you because my points don't support your anti-Ricky agenda. Unfortunately for you, you aren't able to differentiate fact from fairytale (or either you are simply in denial). When you decide to join reality, Dave, c'mon back and let's talk about this some more. Until then, your responses are nothing more than self-serving rants with about as much validity as Bigfoot or the Lochness Monster.

I think your diatribe can be summed up in one word - NO. Hope that long piece of nothing was fun writing though! ...........and to think you actually just attempted to carry on a conversation with Dave Wannstedt......yikes man. I feel bad crackin' back on ya after seeing somethin' like that.

Back
Top Bottom