This is what baffles me about Saban | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is what baffles me about Saban

I'm sure there was a sit down. Between Saban and Ricky. Ricky has to get his Ducks in a row, so he can even up with the phins, Saban gets some Trade value for Ricky next year ( or early this year if a contenders #1 back goes down) And R. Brown doesn't have to take unnessesary thumpings this year- when we Won't win the Super Bowl) :D

Bigbucks24 said:
But is it "End of story?" Don't you think at least some people will think, "Man, what a mistake" or "Here we go again"? Or, "I thought Saban could do no wrong. What a blunder. Couldn't he see this was doomed from the beginning?" Maybe not. Maybe the whole team thinks, "Wow, what a great guy. He gave Ricky a chance. It didn't work out. So be it. Let's move on." Again, it's risk vs. reward. I just think it's a huge gamble so early in his career.

And I really don't buy the argument, "Saban doesn't care what the players or the fans think of him." I don't think he cares if the players like him, but I do believe that he cares if the players respect him.

It's called taking a chance with close to zero risk. The only person who will lose anything is Ricky himself. Not the phins and definitely not Saban.

Why would it be a mistake if Ricky comes back and fails??? If he's a distraction, we cut him.. If he sucks, we cut him... He's not going to hurt the cap in any signifigant way and we still have Lamar Gordon, Ronnie Brown, Kay Jay harris and Morris or Minor.

Some people just either A.) like to make mountains out of mole hills or B.) are jealous that RW is getting special treatment in ways none of us would at our job.

FakeSpike13 said:
hes heard what he had to from ricky and knows he can control him...

WindyCityDolfan said:
:rolleyes:Ricky showed who he is (unbelievable speed and power) and made 1 mistake (big one though) related to his disability.

Which one is it? He made a bad decision related to his disability or Saban can control him? Or is it Saban can control his disability? I have known do one with SAD, bur from everything I've read on this board about it from the countless people that have had experience with it, it's not something that is easy from an outside person to control.

FiN.in.RI said:
It's called taking a chance with close to zero risk. The only person who will lose anything is Ricky himself. Not the phins and definitely not Saban.

Why would it be a mistake if Ricky comes back and fails??? If he's a distraction, we cut him.. If he sucks, we cut him... He's not going to hurt the cap in any signifigant way and we still have Lamar Gordon, Ronnie Brown, Kay Jay harris and Morris or Minor.

Some people just either A.) like to make mountains out of mole hills or B.) is jealous that RW is getting special treatment in ways none of us would at our job.

I think Saban has done a great job of making a contingency plan. Way smarter than Dave. With or without RW, we will be better than 4-12. And you are right, he won't have much (or any) effect on the cap. Bravo, Nick. Again to my point, it's risk vs. reward. You see it as being near zero risk. That explains your point of view. I respect that. I see the whole loss of respect and possible division in the locker room a bigger risk than you. I guess we'll see.

Bigbucks24 said:
I think Saban has done a great job of making a contingency plan. Way smarter than Dave. With or without RW, we will be better than 4-12. And you are right, he won't have much (or any) effect on the cap. Bravo, Nick. Again to my point, it's risk vs. reward. You see it as being near zero risk. That explains your point of view. I respect that. I see the whole loss of respect and possible division in the locker room a bigger risk than you. I guess we'll see.

That's exactly the second reason why there won't be risk. If there is division in the Locker Room and RW ends up as a distraction to the team as a whole, then Ricky won't be around long enough to affect the team in a long-term derogatory way!

Bigbucks24 said:
If you are trying to comvince people of your view, this isn't a very strong argument. If you are just trying to be a bully, great point.

Sometimes people need to be reminded of the obvious (ie Ricky is coming back to play for the Phins at NO risk to the team, so there is no use complaining about it.). That was my POINT. Don't just post part of what I said and have everyone take it out of context. I'm not bullying anyone, just being realistic. Let enigmatics stick up for himself. And next time spell check your posts. Your 44 years old and should not be misspelling words as common as convince.

Bigbucks24:monkeyl:

enigmatics said:
LOL..........classic noob material.

LOL.........classic boob material. I'm not a newbie (Is noob your way of shortening the moniker? Its lame. Just say newbie or new poster). If you look at when I joined finheaven, it was only 3 months after you. I just don't post 5 times a day. I mainly use the forum for info, but when people start crying about something and don't stop, I feel the need to step in. Tom Hanks once said "Theres no crying in baseball!". Well this is football for godsakes, man. Here, let me get you a tissue.

FiN.in.RI said:

Some people just either A.) like to make mountains out of mole hills or B.) are jealous that RW is getting special treatment in ways none of us would at our job.

Team chemistry issues are at least a little bit at risk..........

clownfish said:
Well this is football for godsakes, man. Here, let me get you a tissue.

........ I'm sure you keep around plenty........ ;)

Lungoystr said:
Don't stub your toes while your wandering around in the dark.

No worries, I learn from example........thank you for your wonderous teaching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownfish
I don't get it...............

enigmatics said:
...........and that right there just about sums you up.

LMAO! That's rich coming from a guy that blames one RB for the fall of our franchise.

What's next? The towelboy quits and Wayne moves the team to Idaho? :roflmao:

Dude, you need to buy a clue. If you can't afford one, I'm sure that the members of this site would all be willing to pitch in and buy you one.

Back
Top Bottom