This is what baffles me about Saban | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is what baffles me about Saban

Its just my opinion, but I think Saban is being smart in trying to bring back Ricky Williams in order to recoup some of the investment Miami has put into him. After all Miami gave up a lot of its future in two 1st and a 4th round draft pick. Miami invests very little in bringing him back other than a roster spot and some time. If he returns any where close to his former self then Miami can certainly use his abilities or recoup some of their investment in a trade.
As far as Ricky Williams being the reason for Miami's collapse last year I disagree. He was certainly part of it but other teams have recovered from the loss of a starting running back but Miami was at fault for placing all of their hopes on one player with no
provisions for his loss. Again, these are JMO.

enigmatics said:
.............. truly, baffles my mind. Nick Saban makes comments like this and yet is somewhat near a decision to bring back the biggest of defecting defective light bulbs this franchise has ever plugged into it's Christmas tree decor.

I was actually a Bates guy, but as time has gone on, I've loved everything Saban has done with the team thus far..........until this. Anyone else a little at a loss, especially when this ballclub is in dire need of a fresh, clean slate?

I disagree. He knows people and he's obviously talked with Ricky and feels comfortable with RW's renewed commitment. Ricky has never been a negative influence on the field. At the same time, if things don't pan out - it's not going to hurt us b/c we have Ronnie Brown there already, plus some decent backups. So, it's not like we are putting all our apples in one basket with RW. RW playing and playing well would simply be a bonus - but not a necessity. If he comes back and works hard, the team will soon forget about his problems he caused last year by leaving. The fact is, with or without RW, the Dolphins were not a SB contending team last year. And, his absence did help precipitate the departure of Wannstedt - which, by any measure, has to be considered a good thing.

xXxpHiN34 said:
btw, enigmatics,You Anti-Ricky people cant use the excuse "The reason why there is so much Ricky threads is because the Pro-Ricky people are starting them and we are just responding to them"...... , why did you start another Ricky thread :confused: I thought we were past all this.

but yet after an entire week.....I see the SAME folks crying and moaning about Ricky. What is your deal dude? Get over it.........Ricky's coming back, plain and simple.

Yeah, it's totally acceptable for YOU to cry and moan about the crying and moaning.

Stop trying to tell anyone to get over it, and surely you should not be one to tell anyone you thought we were behind all this, when in fact you made a CALL YOU OUT thread that will take place in 6 months. :shakeno:

Please!

enigmatics said:
That's a little bit of a naive perspective to take when considering what exactly transpired last year, don'tcha think? If only it were that simple. That would be like you trusting Wayne to hire Wanny back if that were to come to pass. You'd just say "Hey, Wayne lives in the present, not the past or the future" right?

Your have miised the point entirely. Saban is concentrating on right now. Is Ricky's head screwed on straight? If so he gets a chance and will be judged fron here forward. If you want to carry old baggage around then you don't understand Saban-it's black and white and all business. So if Ricky is ready to go he'll be back and if he isn't or screws up he is gone and end of story. There is no subplot here or a message beteween the lines with Saban. It is what it is and move forward.

enigmatics said:
Then you're not very intelligent. If you go to the site, there's a link to where Saban made the quote. What's next, you gonna tell me PFT coerced him into making it? :shakeno:

First of all, I am not going to get into a pissing match with over my intelligence level, one, cuz I know I'll win and two, cuz it's againts the TOS.
Secondly, I was just making a joke, a joke that was directed at PFT not you. I could go on about your sensitivity and edginess issues, but I like I said, I see no need in getting into a pissing amtch with you.
It was just joke, dude.

I see it like this:

Saban is running this team like a business. And if he can recylce a previously underachiewving "business unit" with mimimal resources and investment, then go for it. If you can sell the business unit afterwards, even for a mid round pick, all the better.

I personally dont think Saban is courting Ricky for any long-term spot on the roster. Hes doing it because when his head is screwed on straight, he he has value on the open market. Thats how I see it anyway. Is it worth all the hassle? Im not sure. But, again, Nick is closer to the situation than anyone and has a unique perspective on all of this...

Ozzy said:
Yeah, it's totally acceptable for YOU to cry and moan about the crying and moaning.

Stop trying to tell anyone to get over it, and surely you should not be one to tell anyone you thought we were behind all this, when in fact you made a CALL YOU OUT thread that will take place in 6 months. :shakeno:

Please!

GET OVER IT!

Stop crying and moaning!

its pathetic! :fire:

The point of Williams is Value... Look at it this way.... Sure we could put any bulb in that spot and it would look ok or work but it just would not make the tree look as good as the williams bulb does..... So I say Put the Williams bulb back in the socket, tell the rest of the lights to see if they shine brighter with The Ricky bulb, Plug the damn thing into the wall and sit back, Drink a cold one and watch this team win some footballs games......
What a bright Christmas tree this would be if the tree was still lit in late january..
I'll take it.

Lungoystr said:
Hey, that thing that flew over your head was the point.....sorry you keep missing it. Maybe there is a schedule so you can catch it the next time it comes by. :rolleyes:

If you want to blame everything on RW, fine. I can see that you would rather take the simplistic approach when addressing a problem instead of addressing the REAL problem......kinda like Dave and Co. That's the reason this team failed last season. He didn't address the problems on the team (like a solid back-up RB, the QB or the playbook). WOW! There went that point again! HURRY......CATCH IT!

I'm not missing anything, you're just not making any valid points, not pointing out anything I didn't already know. The point is you gravely underestimate how much Ricky had to do with our debacle last year. With Wanny running the show we NEVER finished a disasterous 4-12, even as bad of a coach as he was. The straw that broke our backs was Ricky, it's not like the man didn't know how important he was to our team, regardless of how naive Wanny had been about building a roster capable of withstanding such a hypothetical blow like Ricky retiring.

I'm not blaming everything on the sticky man, I'm putting the majority of the onus on him though.

clownfish said:
Your easily baffled. Ricky can still run the ball and now we're not completely dependent on him for a running game. If he is unreliable, so be it, we have other good RBs that can fill his shoes. So deal with it!!!!!!!:fire: :fire:

EDIT: I read through the rest of the thread and man, enigmatics, you are a big baby. Stop crying. This is football.

Enigmatics=:cry:

LOL..........classic noob material.

xXxpHiN34 said:
:hmmm: ............... No.

No offense, but I believe Saban knows whats best for this team more than you do

What the f*ck does that have to do with anything? I'm not comparing myself to him. You did...........have fun with that!

afiorentino said:
I am amazed at the amount of people who are making a locker room issue out of Ricky Williams. If he comes back it, he is coming as a part of this team, not as this team. The reliance on him is not there. Saban made this clear with the drafting of Ronnie Brown. I am sure Saban doesnt care if everyone in the locker room respects or likes Ricky. There have been plenty of successful teams in which players did not like or even respect eachother.

IMO Saban has absolutely nothing to lose by giving Ricky a window to return. I personnally do not care if Williams is coming back for money purposes only. If he produces he will play, if not he will not. Production is the only concern Saban has and Ricky has a high end of production potential.

Plenty of successful teams eh? You mean like the Patriots, winners of three out of the last four Super Bowls? I thought that's who we wanted to be like, you know the whole team unity thing........great chemistry........hard working...........

Saban himself has nothing to lose. The franchise, has all the integrity in the world to lose.

Da 'Fins said:
I disagree. He knows people and he's obviously talked with Ricky and feels comfortable with RW's renewed commitment. Ricky has never been a negative influence on the field. At the same time, if things don't pan out - it's not going to hurt us b/c we have Ronnie Brown there already, plus some decent backups. So, it's not like we are putting all our apples in one basket with RW. RW playing and playing well would simply be a bonus - but not a necessity. If he comes back and works hard, the team will soon forget about his problems he caused last year by leaving. The fact is, with or without RW, the Dolphins were not a SB contending team last year. And, his absence did help precipitate the departure of Wannstedt - which, by any measure, has to be considered a good thing.

You share a common perspective. But what I can't believe is that you don't consider the "integrity" factor. When has a player crossed that line to the point that we don't go out of our way to sign him up, suit him up, and pay him up - especially to help wipe out his massive debt and child support payments?

xXxpHiN34 said:
btw, enigmatics,You Anti-Ricky people cant use the excuse "The reason why there is so much Ricky threads is because the Pro-Ricky people are starting them and we are just responding to them"...... , why did you start another Ricky thread :confused: I thought we were past all this.

but yet after an entire week.....I see the SAME folks crying and moaning about Ricky. What is your deal dude? Get over it.........Ricky's coming back, plain and simple.

Alright, I'll get over it..........if you get over me. :roflmao:

Calgaryfin said:
Your have miised the point entirely. Saban is concentrating on right now. Is Ricky's head screwed on straight? If so he gets a chance and will be judged fron here forward. If you want to carry old baggage around then you don't understand Saban-it's black and white and all business. So if Ricky is ready to go he'll be back and if he isn't or screws up he is gone and end of story. There is no subplot here or a message beteween the lines with Saban. It is what it is and move forward.

lol..........ok Saban's a black and white guy. RICKY IS NOT. Like I'm supposed to believe for one second, that Ricky is coming back to prove all the doubters. Especially considering the events that have transpired......... owes 8.6 million regardless of anyone's bankruptcy conspiracy theories........just recently was hit with a child support bill of $4,200/month and a $300,000 trust fund. You think he's going to make those payments teaching yoga? It's in my personal opinion pro-Sticky people are being naive, all in the name of some dream vision of "The Ricky & Ronnie" show bustin' off 1,000 seasons apiece.

Back
Top Bottom