This is what happens when you overpay for stats instead of championships. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is what happens when you overpay for stats instead of championships.

I think Diggs is a goner and they will go get a replacement with that money
His contract looks a lot like X's. It costs them money to cut him this year unless they designate him as a June 1st cut and push most of the hit into 2025. Only problem with that is Allen goes up to $56M and Ed Oliver goes from $9M to $20M as well.

Also, Ed Oliver signed for 4 years and $68M. I can see why the Dolphins are letting Wilkins test free agency.

Buffalo missed their window. They will never win anything with Allen because he turns the ball over more than any qb and he runs too much. They basically have no weapons, their defense isn’t good and neither is their coach. They need to hit big on some draft picks to stay competitive like KC but Allen isn’t on Mahomes’s level
Really?
Then what is Miami's window?
They are 1-11 vs. Josh Allen.
Allen is 10 times better than Tua will ever be.
in the the 3 biggest games of the year Tua and this pathetic coaching staff had 27 drives that resulted in 5 TDs and 5 INTs. When the games matter Miami never wins.
Their coaching staff is better.
Their defense is better.
Their toughness is better.

Then whose window is it?
The Jets?

I'm sure you meant out-swallow.🤣

View attachment 159219
I think im in love??
In Love Hearts GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Paradoxical that Buffalo's season turned around when they stopped letting superstar Josh Allen throw the ball so much.
I'm not sure so much has been given to someone who has accomplished so little in the NFL before.
He has also been blessed with one of the top PPG defenses in the NFL 4 of the last 5 seasons.
I hope they push all their chips forward in on him instead of keeping their defense intact.

There are always be teams willing to make the mistake of paying for what someone did yesterday.

Time to trade Tyreek to a team that's willing to accept his $30M salary in exchange for a Super Bowl run.

Miami needs to evolve and find a WR to pair with Waddle who'll produce ~1,000-yds for $8M or less. A productive rookie would be ideal.
Trading Tyreek is a -2.6M cap hit, no way I'd give up the best WR in the game and take a cap hit in the process.

Really?
Then what is Miami's window?
They are 1-11 vs. Josh Allen.
Allen is 10 times better than Tua will ever be.
in the the 3 biggest games of the year Tua and this pathetic coaching staff had 27 drives that resulted in 5 TDs and 5 INTs. When the games matter Miami never wins.
Their coaching staff is better.
Their defense is better.
Their toughness is better.

Then whose window is it?
The Jets?
Shouldn't you be on a Buffalo forum with this type of response? You are replying to a message that doesn't even relate to Tua yet you go off on a rant about him again.

Cucking for Josh Allen isn't a good look.

Well, if you check his stats, I think you will find he does quite a bit of damage from the pocket, too.

What about broken tackles in the pocket swinging a big negative play to a positive?

I have heard the "it's only a matter of time" line of thought before, for about 4 years now. Could happen. Hasn't yet.

I want my QB to do whatever it takes to win. My preference is also a pocket passer, as opposed to a freelancer, but that does not negate the fact that many times JA extends plays and drives due to his physical abilities, and having a QB that can do those things when plays break down is a valuable add.

None of what you said in any way addresses my original point anyway, other than to say that's not your preferred way to win.

Like I said, I don't want Allen on my team, but if you are denying his play isn't a big factor in the team's success, you aren't being honest.
He's a distinctly average pocket passer though, career rating of 92 which is bang average nowadays. He does seem to save his best passing games for Miami though, maybe that's why so many Dolphins fans are in love with the guy.

Watch him against the Jets and the Patriots when they keep him the pocket, they seem to know how to defend him.

Imho it is only a matter of time before he gets hurt or the niggling injuries affect him. Cam Newton looked like Superman until he vey suddenly didn't. Once Allen's legs go and you are paying over $50M a year for a career 92 rating passer you are in deep sheet. Dorsey was trying to help Allen and the franchise and got canned for it.

And for the cap to increase, league revenues need to go way up. Ticket prices, TV subscriptions, merch -- all of it.
The salary cap is expected to be $242m in 2024. The estimate from Bloomberg is that each team received $372m from TV deals, licensing, merchandise. I don’t think that even includes game day revenue. There’s room.

He's a distinctly average pocket passer though, career rating of 92 which is bang average nowadays. He does seem to save his best passing games for Miami though, maybe that's why so many Dolphins fans are in love with the guy.

Watch him against the Jets and the Patriots when they keep him the pocket, they seem to know how to defend him.

Imho it is only a matter of time before he gets hurt or the niggling injuries affect him. Cam Newton looked like Superman until he vey suddenly didn't. Once Allen's legs go and you are paying over $50M a year for a career 92 rating passer you are in deep sheet. Dorsey was trying to help Allen and the franchise and got canned for it.
I agree Allen is not the best pocket passer, but next to Newton, he's Joe Montana.

They are so screwed.

I saw he went to afc championship game and lots conference game in playoff. I would take that. If I was Miami. I don't think we can talk trash to team. that beat **** out off us 2 time yr.

He's had over 35 TD passes the last 3 years and had 29 this which is what Tua had. How is that an average passer? Give me that average all day long. I will go to battle with that. He's not just beating Miami either.

That’s the real issue - salaries are exploding at every position. Top interior offensive linemen are getting $15m+, top interior defensive linemen are getting $20m+. I think there are 14-15 WRs averaging $20m+ per season. In combination with QBs getting cap charges close to $50m or higher, the cap needs a major increase.

A little OT, but here's how this works. First, as contradictory as it sounds, 'average' players aren't common. I've said a while back, every year at every position there are 3-5 NFL starters who clearly aren't NFL level talents. That's life. Many of the remainder are 'below average.' This is why NFL teams 'overpay' average players. They aren't average. This also explains overpaying for top talent - a lot.
I suspect teams will eventually see the insanity of paying one guy 35% of cap. And, like every other position, average and above average QBs will be overpaid. Until then, fans have to live with it.

Shouldn't you be on a Buffalo forum with this type of response? You are replying to a message that doesn't even relate to Tua yet you go off on a rant about him again.

Cucking for Josh Allen isn't a good look.
Hate the Bills. WTF are you even talking about.
Im just stating the facts that idiots on this site that for some reason cant realize the Bills and Allen are better. Much better.
For some reason 1-11 isnt plain to some fools.
I am not ranting about Tua. Just stating facts.
He is NOT good enough right now.
He might be good enough if they get a better OLine and a much better OC.

Back
Top Bottom