This Loss Is 100% On Adam Gase | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Loss Is 100% On Adam Gase

Ever since Miami lost out in the "Suck for Luck" season, they've been doomed. This game is the epitome of who Gase is. I'm literally stunned at how he lost this game in the last 8 minutes up by 7. I often wonder what Miami would be like, if Luck was the QB?

I don't think you can say the loss is 100% on anyone, but I will say this. And I say this dispassionately and with a level head: I have often heard the phrase that a team has quit on its coach, but this is the first time in my entire life that I have ever watched a football game and I felt that it was the coach who quit on his team.

I don't think I've ever seen a coach so content to let the game run its course rather than try to seize the reins and coach a win out of it.

Bingo. I have been a Gase fan but this put the nail in it. I can handle a shitty play call I can't handle giving up on the team. He basically told the offense they couldn't do it and he trusted a defense that had given up 400 yards more. With the hottest QB in the NFL on the other team.

I'm not sure which was wose...Gase's playcalling on the final drive, or the reason he gave for it in his presser.

He said something along the lines of the fact that he saw Peyton Manning get sacked for a safety once in that situation.

Really Adam? Because you saw Manning get sacked ONE TIME you're going to play scared? Someone needed to ask him how many times he saw Peyton Manning lead a game winning or game tying drive from deep into his own territory.

His reasoning is absolutely absurd. You don't just give up on 3rd down to give the ball back to Andrew Luck in his home stadium with 3 minutes left. I think everyone in the world except Gase knew what the outcome of that would be. It's not like we have a dominating defense.

I've been on the fence about Gase and I've been anti-Tannehill. But honestly after today I'm thinking a lot of this is more Gase's fault. Today's game certainly wasnt on RT. And Gase neeeds to at least give him a chance to win the game in that situation. Especially if you're trying to find out what you have in him long term. So what if he took a sack or threw a pick? It happens. But what doesn't happen when you give up is you don;t get any damn points.

That press conference was so cringeworthy. He is absolutely a clueless douchebag who thinks he is smarter than everybody else in the room. Once the dolphins fire him, he isn't going to get a job as an offensive coordinator. He might be able to get a job at an FBS school. It is funny that people think he is the best coach we had had since jimmy johnson, while in reality, gase couldnt hold wannstedts jock.

Sorry, for some reason that last reply got messed up. Horribly called game. The one thing I will say is that on one of the two deep pass plays on third and short wasn't a 'called play, that was a Tannehill misread. He had an intermediate receiver wide open. Not all deep passes are 'called".

Tannehill coming off how many games and still playing injured shouldn't be the deciding factor of winning or losing the game. This on coaching to not put your QB in that position.

This team is riddled with injuries etc and has some talent. What's sad is with good coaching they can easily be 3 games better than their record indicates.

Bet we beat Buffalo. And win in Buffalo and/or beat Jacksonville.

We'll miss the playoffs, get a ****ty draft pick that will turn into Charles Harris, and Ross will be satisfied enough with the 7-8 wins to keep Gase.

Never ending cycle of mediocrity shall continue.

Prove me wrong and I'll cry tears of joy.

Basically what I told @Gonzo in a post a few weeks ago in regards to Tannehill and now more obvious than ever, Gase as well. Both of these guys are perfectly inconsistent with their play and play-calling leading to absolute mediocrity. We're perfectly on pace to 8-8. We will complete the same cycle we've been stuck in for years. A mediocre pick is our destiny for not only this year but probably the next, screwing up our chances to draft elite talent at critical positions in 2020. Hell, I think we could take it a notch down from mediocrity to absolute dreadful and those that we need to move on from will still be safe because of the "injuries" excuse/factor. Our franchise is operating on Murphy's law with no legislation/executive order in sight to take it down from Mr.Ross.

The team might not be ultra talented and despite a insane amount of injuries, if the team had a creative offensive coordinator and proven defensive coach, they would most likely be sitting at 8-3 tied with the cheaters right now. That is what really sucks about this season.
Absolutely on point!
Despite back-ups trying to fill the voids of injured starters, etc; we have enough talent to win. and we haven't, due to pi$$ poor decisions on the sidelines.

Tannehill played very admirably for being out 5 weeks! He was visibly in pain but played well. Gase hasn’t learned from his mistakes for THREE years and is one of the worst playcallers in the league during that time. The national media has noticed tonight as well on national TV. He’s a jerk.

Maybe Tannehill could grow a pair and look at Gase and say something like "No Adam, we are actually trying to win this game, let me go win it" Or "you want Philly Philly" I mean damn, Marino would have said F you Gase and throws a bomb.

Yeah so Gase can trade him to a CFL team. Great idea.

Ever since Miami lost out in the "Suck for Luck" season, they've been doomed. This game is the epitome of who Gase is. I'm literally stunned at how he lost this game in the last 8 minutes up by 7. I often wonder what Miami would be like, if Luck was the QB?
Yep. I really wanted Luck. Still pissed at that season. I'd never begged for us to lose like I did that year.

i still dont think luck is as good as hes made out to be, yes that was nice how he evaded the sack n completes it to a WIDE OPEN receiver but Luck made the playoffs twice in arguably the worst division in football during that time, if he was on miami we still dont make the playoffs...this team is just poorly run, the people making the bad decisions are being hired by the people above them making bad decisions...this team needs to be completely gutted from the top down or nothing will change, except the coach and qb, but the results definitely wont.

I can't really blame any players or units today. The defense and offense did enough to give us a 10 point lead and hold the vaunted Colts offense to 14 points into the 4th quarter.

The way of keeping the Colts O from scoring is to keep them off the field. Our D gave us three TOs and for the most part bend but did not break. The game was simply lost on coaching. Not going for it on 4th and 2 was a big issue for me but it turned out it was minuscule compared to what happened later (also the fumble recovery dampened the disappointment a little).
If you do a survey and asked 31 coaches (don't ask Gase) what would they do in the following situation:
- lead by 7 points
- ball on 25 yard line
- 8:25 left on the clock
- underdog in a hostile environment

I would reckon that 90% of coaches say: run, eat the clock. Even if your first two runs go nowhere you take at least 3 min of the clock. But the goal is to get a couple first downs to keep the clock running and have the Colts use timeouts. If you move the ball through a couple first downs and have to punt the clock is down to 3 or 4 min. In a perfect world you score some points FG or TD and put the game away but just running the clock down will do wonders.

Gase always has been bad in situational game managing. But today it showed how bad he is. He is an OC who needs a HC who can override him based on time left, score, field position etc.

It almost feels like he is paid by Kraft to keep us down. The game was for the taking today. Yes, they made mistakes. Yes some of the execution could have been better. But at the end a coach puts you in the situation to succeed.

Every week there’s one or two playcalls where the commentators are baffled and make comments about why a gase is making absurd calls. Gase is a fraud. When Miami ran on 3rd and 10 in the 4th qtr with the game on the line, the look on some of the offensive players’ faces said it all: they knew they just lost the game because they probably wasn’t get the ball back unless Indy scored. They knew. That play call was idiotic

Back
Top Bottom