This Would Be The Impact On The Dolphins’ Cap If Tannehill Is Released, Traded Or Out Long-term | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Would Be The Impact On The Dolphins’ Cap If Tannehill Is Released, Traded Or Out Long-term

Welp I’m all for cutting ties with Tannehill but this is not the draft to select a QB unless Haskins and Herbert declare and I’ve heard rumblings both will stay in school. I’d be inclined to build the OL and DL and go with a FA or the Brockonator if he plays well the remainder of the season.

Welp I’m all for cutting ties with Tannehill but this is not the draft to select a QB unless Haskins and Herbert declare and I’ve heard rumblings both will stay in school. I’d be inclined to build the OL and DL and go with a FA or the Brockonator if he plays well the remainder of the season.

Yea I think we need to see the rest of the season play out.

But without knowing the QB situation, my money for finally getting this franchise back to form is fixing the cap in 2019 by taking on dead cap from bad contracts so they dont linger into 2020 with tons of dead space (yes this includes cutting tannehill) . . . .go defense heavy in the 2019 historic defensive draft . . Hell resign brock if u must for a season and come 2020, you get your guy for the QB position. . . . With what should be a talented defense and cornerstone pieces at CB and LT in their prime.

For those saying that 17mill is not bad for a starting QB......you're missing the point. Yes that number seems low but the problem is Tannehill is starting to brake down from all the hit's he's taken over the years. We need to stop counting on injured players. Hayes, Wake, Sitton.....those are players that are older and have been hurt before. Tannehill is getting there in age and now him getting hurt is becoming a pattern. I have supported him from the start but at what point do we move on instead of HOPING that things will change for the better?

Would be miamis luck to finally have a defense full of very good talent and youth and not have a qb in 2019.

And even more miamis luck to have to wait 2 or 3 years on a rookie in 2020 to turn the corner.

The 2018 class isn’t exactly lighting it up yet. They all need time. Be surprised if we saw much return until 2022 on a 2020 rookie.

And I’m sure tuas gonna have a bunch of ready to run the card up teams waiting. Better finish top 3 in 19

all this talk is wasted breath. no one’s doing anything until this shoulder thing/question clears up and we see hiw THill does the rest of the year. My guess is it will be pretty clear (to Gase) one way or the other which way Miami should go.

Speculate all you want, but what happens totally depends on events that have not yet occurred.

Brocktober has one win after spending the last two years as the butt of a lot of jokes. dude was cut, traded, not resigned by three teams that finished 9-49 collectively last season. i am stoked he did well last week and he is a more capable backup than i would have ever guessed but one good game doesn't replace two years of Brock Osweiler.

All of this talk about trading Tannehill or cutting him is WAY to premature. i want us to draft a QB next year like no one's business after this injury and given his age, but come on i want to have a rookie compete for the job against him.

Whatever happens...the Dolphins really need to get someone in the FO who can structure better contracts...they have made a mess. We could have a bunch if dead money next year. Ross is a big real estate guy..he should know the FO is not being smart with the contracts and restructuring.
We had one and her name was Dawn Aponte and somehow she was villafied on this board by some.

all this talk is wasted breath. no one’s doing anything until this shoulder thing/question clears up and we see hiw THill does the rest of the year. My guess is it will be pretty clear (to Gase) one way or the other which way Miami should go.

I will be surprised if there’s a 2019 qb that projects better than josh rosen did in 18.

Real surprised.

But if this shoulder thing lags on and on it won’t be long before I start looking. It will be 3 years now with Tannehill missing serious time for medical.

And this team has talent on defense especially that deserves quality qb play. If I can’t get it from tanny due to medical I got to get it somewhere else.

Whatever happens...the Dolphins really need to get someone in the FO who can structure better contracts...they have made a mess. We could have a bunch if dead money next year. Ross is a big real estate guy..he should know the FO is not being smart with the contracts and restructuring.

We had one and her name was Dawn Aponte and somehow she was villafied on this board by some.

The structure is not really the problem.

We did similar stype structures with Dawn Aponte.

Its the robbing of Peter to pay Paul (restructures), combined with bad signings with the new found wealth, that is compounding the problem.

We shoulda just been real bad for a season, instead of manipulating the cap all the time to be 8-8.

Teddy Bridgewater would be the only non draft alternative.

13 million dead in 2019. Would've been little to nothing if it weren't for that restructure. Short sighted ball club.

Teddy b doesn’t have the ceiling. You’d just be bridging the gap.

I like the kid but if you demand points and off script I think you gonna be underwhelmed.

Back
Top Bottom